People who play drums, answer this

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

People who play drums, answer this

Post by CFH Eternal »

What would be the point of having two different size bass drums? Same reason as having different size rack or floor toms?
For example:

[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
scorn
ok
Location: i haven't been here in almost a year. stay off my account niggers.

Post by scorn »

different tones and pitches.
SicKitten81: I didn't do anything to Jason except turn down the stereo when I was trying to sleep after an abortion. so he beat up on me
heavymetalsoldier666: When I was a baby my mother had to special order certain shoes.
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

Great question.
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

To gain a different sound. It's all about experimenting.................................................. :shock:

Where as this is just stupid...
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I'd imagine a drummer that used double bass with two different sized bass drums would sound like an elephant running toward you.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

:lol:
[quote="Aeon"]I don't remember making this thread. Fuck, I don't even like Down. :lol:[/quote]
drummer_goat
Far Beyond Driven

Post by drummer_goat »

different size bass drums are used (typically for rock music) when drummers want to have the rock punch but still want to be able to go into some jazz type drum grooves which require higher pitch drum as well as a lighter beater stroke with good rebound and typically single ply heads on the smaller drum.

Simply put 24" bass drums are the best rock size, and 18" is the best for jazz and any soft music, and a big bass drum will always sound deep, and small drum will blend with the music more. Also the smaller the drum the more punch, bigger the drum the deeper the sound.

MOST OF THE DRUMMER WHO HAVE >3 BASS DRUM ONLY HAVE THAT HUGE OF A SET TO ADVERTISE THEIR SPONSORS
[quote="AlferdPacker"] Open toilet, Put soap in water, Insert cat sit on the toilet lid. Let cat agitate itself in there for at least 5min. Flush 3-5 times to rinse off cat. Jump off toilet seat,and get out of the way as cat lets itself out. [/quote]
Mertune
Creampuff

Metal Chick

Post by Mertune »

Haluuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fu:
cute