Sequencers

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Wez
Welshnigger

Sequencers

Post by Wez »

Just wondering what you guys use? Is cubase the best. I want one that's easy to use because I'm retarded.
heavymetalsoldier666 wrote:No! I am ready to beat someone into a coma.
cottonmouth wrote:I heard the same thing about slurping, but somehow these fuckers can slurp anything, like a sandwich or an apple
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Acid Pro or Reason are good ones. The Doctor should weigh in on this topic.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Wez
Welshnigger

Post by Wez »

I'm downloading reason actually. If I have any troubles I'll know where to go for help :)

Links to synths and other places for cool atmospheric noises and such would be welcomed too though.

I plan on trying to make a Nest rip-off.
heavymetalsoldier666 wrote:No! I am ready to beat someone into a coma.
cottonmouth wrote:I heard the same thing about slurping, but somehow these fuckers can slurp anything, like a sandwich or an apple
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

New to Reason eh? The learning curve is steep. That app can do it all but it's very, very complicated.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

The way you can turn the rack around and look at the back is very nerdy and cool though!
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Pflöyd wrote:The Doctor should weigh in on this topic.
That depends on what you're looking for cuzn.

If you just want something with recording and MIDI capability, go with Nuendo. It's exactly like Cubase, only with a lot more features and toys.

If you want synths and drums and samplers and all the digital modular stuff... Reaktor is god for everything except percussion. Reason > Reaktor on sequenced drums.

But the question is... what are you looking to do?
Ezekiel 23:20
SPRIGGSEY
Creampuff

Post by SPRIGGSEY »

I use samplitude, it doesnt seem like its as used as a lot of programs out there but its much better than anything else Ive used. You can download samplitude SE for free off the net and it does pretty much everything youd need it to.

http://www.myspace.com/zontox