Rate your skills 1-10

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Maelstrom wrote:I'd like to own a harpsichord and be able to play it :|
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Probably 5 / 10.

I'm ok, I get by... still learning. I can hold my own but there are many better than me, many many many.
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

11/10

I taught God how to play guitar.
earlp
Creampuff

Post by earlp »

honestly I cant even be rated on a 1 -10 scale, like .01 on a guitar cuz I can play nirvana-came as you are, and .09 cuz I can play back in black on drums

I try to jam out to pantera but its pointless cuz vinnie owns me
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Revolver wrote:11/10

I am your new god!
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

so he taught you how to play guitar?
you know sometimes i wonder..
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

Bass: 9/10 (I'd honestly say 10/10, but my reading could be a lot better)
Guitar: 7/10 (solo chops need lots of work)
Drums: 7/10 (stamina is the issue here)
Vocals: 6/10 (just not quite where I want them to be yet)
Sax: 7/10 (would be higher but I haven't played in years)
Production & Engineering: 9/10 (I play the shit out of the recording studio!)
"I'm tryin' to save these boys' LIVES, you crawlin' bookworm! Stand in my way, and I'll pulverize you into chicken droppings!"
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

silverback77 wrote:Bass: 9/10 (I'd honestly say 10/10, but my reading could be a lot better)
Bullfuckinshit on all six, bra. Post some mp3s.
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:
silverback77 wrote:Bass: 9/10 (I'd honestly say 10/10, but my reading could be a lot better)
Comin' soon, dicksmoke. You can hear some shit right now at www.myspace.com/sustained madness. That's all bass & production examples.

And where, might I ask, are YOUR stunning examples of musicianship?
:fu:
"I'm tryin' to save these boys' LIVES, you crawlin' bookworm! Stand in my way, and I'll pulverize you into chicken droppings!"
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

silverback77 wrote:
Comin' soon, dicksmoke. You can hear some shit right now at www.myspace.com/sustained madness. That's all bass & production examples.

you know what that song needs....More Cowbell
you also have a bloated opinion of yourself.
Let me introduce you to 7Dime7FaggotFuck, he is a fucking bullshit liar too!
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

silverback77 wrote:

So I need mp3s to call you out? I figured I'd only need them if I came up with an overinflated, unrealistic rating of my musical ability.
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

silverback77 wrote:

So I need mp3s to call you out? I figured I'd only need them if I came up with an overinflated, unrealistic rating of my musical ability.
In the words of Jaco: "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up." It's the truth. I'm really fucking good. I work hard at my craft, and the proof is in my pudding. If you want to go toe to toe, I'll take everything you got & throw it right back in your face so hard your mom will die. Belay your shit talkin' until you produce some audible evidence that you can play. Otherwise, go jack off to some NFL highlights or something. :fu: :fu: :fu:
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

silverback77 wrote:
silverback77 wrote:

In the words of Jaco: "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up." It's the truth. I'm really fucking good. I work hard at my craft, and the proof is in my pudding. If you want to go toe to toe, I'll take everything you got & throw it right back in your face so hard your mom will die. Belay your shit talkin' until you produce some audible evidence that you can play. Otherwise, go jack off to some NFL highlights or something. :fu: :fu: :fu:
did you back it up? I heard 3 poorly written/recorded songs that had all the inspiration of a few 16 year olds who just got a new guitar for Hanukkah. go suck pudding.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

PABassPlayer wrote:
silverback77 wrote:
silverback77 wrote:

did you back it up? I heard 3 poorly written/recorded songs that had all the inspiration of a few 16 year olds who just got a new guitar for Hanukkah. go suck pudding.
Thanks for the constructive criticism. Where might I hear some of your awe-inspiring musicianship. Please, direct me so that I might learn from a true master!!!

:roll:
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

silverback77 wrote:
PABassPlayer wrote:
silverback77 wrote:
silverback77 wrote:

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Where might I hear some of your awe-inspiring musicianship. Please, direct me so that I might learn from a true master!!!

:roll:
I'm in a cover band, and while I take shit for that, I can assure you that I won't be covering any or your piece of shit original tunes. I have posted some of my cover and original work on here before and won't post it, because I'm not working with the songwriter anymore. It was met with decent reviews.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

first, are you from the UK as your one site says:
http://www.myspace.com/sustained

I don't see you in this pic that you linked to

or from Illinois as your other says:
http://myspace.com/sustainedmadness

and thank you for making me look like Brad Pitt!!!!!

[b]"Psycho Gangster"

silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

Happy to help, PA. That's not actually my face...my neck threw up. Your ego probably needed a boost anyway...

Yeah, I'm currently living in Illinois. Never been to the UK. I guess I missed the madness part of my URL on that one post.

You won't get any shit from me for being in a cover band, dude. I've done that, too.

Seriously, do you have ANYTHING constructive to say regarding my (old) tunes, or are you just gonna talk non-specific shit?
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

silverback77 wrote:Happy to help, PA. That's not actually my face...my neck threw up. Your ego probably needed a boost anyway...

Yeah, I'm currently living in Illinois. Never been to the UK. I guess I missed the madness part of my URL on that one post.

You won't get any shit from me for being in a cover band, dude. I've done that, too.

Seriously, do you have ANYTHING constructive to say regarding my (old) tunes, or are you just gonna talk non-specific shit?
well, now that I realized that you are not one of the 16 year old noise makers in top pic, and i gave "your" music a shot, it's not bad. Lags a bit here and there, but yeah, there is talent there. Is that you doing the bass work on Ultraviolet? really good.

but let me digress, when I think of the virtuosos in all the intstruments listed, the best I ever heard being a 10/10, I don't see you as a 9 on bass.
From what I heard on your recordings, you do work very hard, you have talent and great chops, but....do you really consider yourself in a status of "master" of the instuments? In my opinion, to be a 9/10 you better be making a great living as a musician.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

PABassPlayer wrote:
silverback77 wrote:Happy to help, PA. That's not actually my face...my neck threw up. Your ego probably needed a boost anyway...

well, now that I realized that you are not one of the 16 year old noise makers in top pic, and i gave "your" music a shot, it's not bad. Lags a bit here and there, but yeah, there is talent there. Is that you doing the bass work on Ultraviolet? really good.

but let me digress, when I think of the virtuosos in all the intstruments listed, the best I ever heard being a 10/10, I don't see you as a 9 on bass.
From what I heard on your recordings, you do work very hard, you have talent and great chops, but....do you really consider yourself in a status of "master" of the instuments? In my opinion, to be a 9/10 you better be making a great living as a musician.
Appreciated, and I WAS making a modest living as a musician, but a modest living in Boston & NYC (where the above recordings were made) amounts to near abject poverty. Basically, I got married and got tired of not being able to provide the lifestyle I wanted, so I moved, got a real job, and continue to work on my craft. The playing you hear on the myspace stuff is a snapshot of my ability about 8 years ago. I've never believed that a virtuoso bassist is one of those tapper/shredder guys exclusively. I learned how to do all that shit at Berklee, but I never found that it fit into the bands or music I wanted to make. If you require proof of my jackoff ability, I'll be sure to record a speed drill for you next time I practice. :lol:

In any event, y'all can stay tuned for some solo material featuring me doing all the playing, singing, and recording, and THEN you can talk all the trash you want. For now, what I've got is what I've got.

Thanks for listening to my material, regardless of your opinion.
:tup:
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Hook me up with your latest cubase snapshot, export > mp3 email to me.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

silverback77 wrote:
PABassPlayer wrote:

Appreciated, and I WAS making a modest living as a musician, but a modest living in Boston & NYC (where the above recordings were made) amounts to near abject poverty. Basically, I got married and got tired of not being able to provide the lifestyle I wanted, so I moved, got a real job, and continue to work on my craft. The playing you hear on the myspace stuff is a snapshot of my ability about 8 years ago. I've never believed that a virtuoso bassist is one of those tapper/shredder guys exclusively. I learned how to do all that shit at Berklee, but I never found that it fit into the bands or music I wanted to make. If you require proof of my jackoff ability, I'll be sure to record a speed drill for you next time I practice. :lol:

In any event, y'all can stay tuned for some solo material featuring me doing all the playing, singing, and recording, and THEN you can talk all the trash you want. For now, what I've got is what I've got.

Did I indicate that drill picking speed metal/Billy Sheehan was virtuoso?
I'm talking about Tony Levin, Leland Sklar, Victor Wooten, Steve Baily and Billy Sheehan. I believe that what you don't play is as important as what you do. If you attended Berklee, I'm sure I'm not half the player you are, but again, to come in here and start throwing your "ability weight" around, and then supply a bad link to a shitty band (by accident), you can't expect not to get some shit for it.

My humble apologies for "jumping on your shit", but go listen to that other link and hear who I "thought" you were.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

PABassPlayer wrote:
silverback77 wrote:
PABassPlayer wrote:

Did I indicate that drill picking speed metal/Billy Sheehan was virtuoso?
I'm talking about Tony Levin, Leland Sklar, Victor Wooten, Steve Baily and Billy Sheehan. I believe that what you don't play is as important as what you do. If you attended Berklee, I'm sure I'm not half the player you are, but again, to come in here and start throwing your "ability weight" around, and then supply a bad link to a shitty band (by accident), you can't expect not to get some shit for it.

My humble apologies for "jumping on your shit", but go listen to that other link and hear who I "thought" you were.
It's funny you mention Levin & Sklar; I think they are 2 of the best examples of what a real bassist should be doing.

I appreciate the apology & sheepishly admit that I should have 1) checked my link before posting and 2) perhaps been a bit more humble w/ my self rating.

Respect is a two-way street... :tup:
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Speaking of bass virtuosos, have you heard about the Bx3 Tour.
Stu Hamm, Billy Sheehan and Jeff Berlin.
Sounds very interesting, but doesn't look like there is a US leg.
I would definatly be interested in going if it does.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

i'm like a 2.8 on guitar.
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

:lol: This guy sucks. Write more uninspired music you old fucking hack. I don't care how good you think you are on bass, because I'm much better than you'll ever be. Add some fucking flavor to the song for fuck's sake.

And that production is horrible. I have minimal experience but I could do a much better job at it.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

:lol: at 2 old guys arguing about bass playing on a pantera message board.
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

axlash wrote::lol: at 2 old guys arguing about bass playing on a pantera message board.
I was gonna post that same thing, just to steal your thunder.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

croninburg wrote:

I am your new god!
If you're that good, get down to writing another song like Sorcerer! Goddamn it rules.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Revolver wrote:
croninburg wrote:

I am your new god!
If you're that good, get down to writing another song like Sorcerer! Goddamn it rules.
More to come at Christmas :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

kick his ass, seabass! (no pun intended)
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
RandomRussianDude
Vodkaholic

Post by RandomRussianDude »

i've been playing guitar for like 10 years now. i've finally nailed arch enemy's ravenous solo, so i guess i'm at least a 8/10. i'll never get to 10 though.
Bodom J wrote:I've shit my pants twice :tup:
Tyson wrote:i just shat myself twice... i typed this sitting in liqued shit
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

RandomRussianDude wrote:i've been playing guitar for like 10 years now. i've finally nailed arch enemy's ravenous solo, so i guess i'm at least a 8/10. i'll never get to 10 though.
wouldnt intend a 10 would exist. every kick ass guy u see theres always someone better then that guy, and so on. even the best may not be the best to some other people. its more personal preference. if you can compose a song, a solo, a unique sound, technique, then i think your pretty well off.
you know sometimes i wonder..
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

While it strikes me as pretty egotistical to rate yourself so highly, you have pretty good arranging skills which I think is way more important than straight chops. That Ultraviolet song is definitely the cream of the crop, but I'm a sucker for jazz/funk/fusion type of shit.

I used to be obsessed with the whole shredder thing on bass too until I realized it's not really that interesting to listen to except for other bassists.

While on that topic, I seriously need to buckle down and start working on my album. :no:
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Floyd speaking of Fusion have you ever checked out Jeff Beck's "Blow by Blow"?
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

CFH Eternal wrote:Floyd speaking of Fusion have you ever checked out Jeff Beck's "Blow by Blow"?
It ain't bad. I don't own it though.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

PABassPlayer wrote:Speaking of bass virtuosos, have you heard about the Bx3 Tour.
Stu Hamm, Billy Sheehan and Jeff Berlin.
Sounds very interesting, but doesn't look like there is a US leg.
I would definatly be interested in going if it does.
Haven't heard this was going on. That's pretty fucking cool, though, in a big dork I'm a bassist way. I'd go if they were coming thru. I've seen Berlin a couple times when I was at Berklee & I saw Hamm & Sheehan back Vai on different G3 tours. Berlin is great, a consummate musician. THAT dude might be a 10 of 10 if he shaved his kiddie-toucher moustache...
drummer_goat
Far Beyond Driven

Post by drummer_goat »

silverback77 wrote:skin flute: 9/10 (I'd honestly say 10/10, but my herpes sores are painful and slow me "down" :lol: )
Dildo: 7/10 (butt cheeks need lots of work)
Masterbation: 7/10 (stamina is the issue here)
Mouth 6/10 (talk pro but still a nobody)
Fudge packing: 7/10 (would be higher but I've been bitch for years)
Production & Engineering: 9/10 (shit I can't play that good live, I love cut and paste!)
:shock:
[quote="AlferdPacker"] Open toilet, Put soap in water, Insert cat sit on the toilet lid. Let cat agitate itself in there for at least 5min. Flush 3-5 times to rinse off cat. Jump off toilet seat,and get out of the way as cat lets itself out. [/quote]
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

[quote="drummer_goat"][quote="silverback77"]skin flute: 9/10 (I'd honestly say 10/10, but my herpes sores are painful and slow me "down" :lol: )

A flute with no holes is not a flute... :fu:
drummer_goat
Far Beyond Driven

Post by drummer_goat »

silverback77 wrote:
then where does piss cum from :x
[quote="AlferdPacker"] Open toilet, Put soap in water, Insert cat sit on the toilet lid. Let cat agitate itself in there for at least 5min. Flush 3-5 times to rinse off cat. Jump off toilet seat,and get out of the way as cat lets itself out. [/quote]
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

drummer_goat wrote:
silverback77 wrote:
then where does piss cum from :x
Pick the best answer:
1. Your mouth
2. It just backs up & makes you septic
3. Pissing is a luxury only afforded to women
4. None of the above
5. All of the above

You will be graded on this...