Rate your skills 1-10

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

BabyKiller wrote:and just to add.. I woke up listening to Testament this morning and dammit, Alex Skolnick is one of the few guitarists who hit home with his playing on all fronts.. great tone, excellent control.. everything.
Have you listened to any of his jazz stuff? He did a pretty cool jazz version of "Electric Eye". . . .
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Pflöyd wrote:
BabyKiller wrote:and just to add.. I woke up listening to Testament this morning and dammit, Alex Skolnick is one of the few guitarists who hit home with his playing on all fronts.. great tone, excellent control.. everything.
Have you listened to any of his jazz stuff? He did a pretty cool jazz version of "Electric Eye". . . .
I got to see him live perform that. Pretty cool guy and he has a badass band backing him.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

Pflöyd wrote:You're a big Primus fan, Mael, have you worked on any of their songs? I revisited DMV at a show last night during sound check. I forgot how much of a pain that is to play on a regular four string. :shock:
Yeah, I play some of their songs from time to time... most of them aren't really that difficult, but they require a lot of control. I can't switch from slapping to those signature Claypoolesque (TM) "flamenco" chords yet. And forget about tapping, I don't even have an active pickup in my bass :lol:
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.
mo0sE
Lynch Mob

Post by mo0sE »

im probably about a 6/10 if im lucky, i cant solo for shit - just twiddle about, im pretty good on nailing riffs and coming up with semi-cathy riffs of my own, nothing compared to MINI DIME though :shock:

http://www.officialpantera.com/boardfro ... 7&start=15 :lol:
If you're reading this, you're stupid
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

The solo on Return To Serenity gets me every time. :tup:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

11 on everything, especially the rusty trumbone.
mo0sE
Lynch Mob

Post by mo0sE »

i found MINI DIMES twin brother!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX9pNLfnB9U
If you're reading this, you're stupid
Grimlock
Russian Roulette

Post by Grimlock »

You have exercised utmost discernment, far beyond that of the layman.
Hungry Somalian
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Hungry Somalian »

self taught,-1/10.
metallica777
Creampuff

Post by metallica777 »

7.5 on drums, every once in a while i'll have some timing issues but thats all i have trouble with and im working on it. i can play basically any of vinnies stuff so, i think i can get a 7.5 for that.
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

Maybe an overall of 4/10. Song writing wise about 3/10.
flamenco, or classical... 0/10
Acoustic 4/10
Rhythm wise..5/10
Shredding: 4/10
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

DeathSion wrote:Maybe an overall of 4/10. Song writing wise about 3/10.
flamenco, or classical... 0/10
Acoustic 4/10
Rhythm wise..5/10
Shredding: 4/10
Are you kidding me man? You definitely deserve higher ratings than that :x
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

On a professional guitar rating..that's what I feel i'm at. I'm sure i'm higher to guitarists who sit around in their house playing..thinking they're going to be the next big rock star..but compare me up to someone like loomis or up in that rank...i'm really a ?/10
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

DeathSion wrote:On a professional guitar rating..that's what I feel i'm at. I'm sure i'm higher to guitarists who sit around in their house playing..thinking they're going to be the next big rock star..but compare me up to someone like loomis or up in that rank...i'm really a ?/10
That's kind of how I look at it too. Versus maybe people on this board (or Joe Average anybody), I'd be pretty high up, but next to people like Wooten or Bailey I'd be shit.
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

Oh Jesus. 10 = the best players. Victor Wooten, Dennis Chambers, Steve Smith, Victor Bailey etc.
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.
Metal66
Trendkiller

Post by Metal66 »

0.5/10
[quote="Avulsed"]Some white girl I met in summer school said she got pregnant from a black man so she threw herself down the stairs twice.[/quote]
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

mo0sE wrote:im probably about a 6/10 if im lucky, i cant solo for shit - just twiddle about, im pretty good on nailing riffs and coming up with semi-cathy riffs of my own, nothing compared to MINI DIME though :shock:
:tup:

http://www.officialpantera.com/boardfro ... 7&start=15 :lol:
Suck me
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

i can play the songs i hear. megadeth etc, self taught. so i think around here where i live im a 8 or 9 but generally speaking i would say 7 or 8.
you know sometimes i wonder..
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

Shred-Dimebag wrote:i can play the songs i hear. megadeth etc, self taught. so i think around here where i live im a 8 or 9 but generally speaking i would say 7 or 8.
:lol:
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

thers a few around here that just fuckin that sweep pickin bullshit rip shit 18 year old people, like.. two or three but everyone else just blows ass, own a guitar and all they played is a fucked up version of the intro of iron man, and play all these songs that is turing into a trend for everyone cause they think they are cool if they can play 15 seconds of a fucked up version of a good song. makes me hate some of thse songs now its a shame.
metallica777
Creampuff

Post by metallica777 »

no doubt brother, i hate that too. everybody wants to be a guitarist these days, what people dont understand is that not everybody can do it, you have to be gifted, just like with anything else. why do you think there are so many bands now that you've never heard of before? why do you think none of them can play? because learning an instrument takes talent that only God himself can give you and if you dont have the talent, then dont try cuz your making everybody else who does have talent get lost in the confusion. i can't stand hardly any band thats come out in the last 10 years cuz they all seem to be like that. i know a lot of yall like the metal these days, but frankly i dont like where metal has gone at all either. nobody knows how to just rock anymore man, its all about who can make the most money. music has become a huge business and thats it. its really sad. so if you suck at what your doing, sell what you got and get out of the game, seriously. you know it if you suck, im sorry if you do, but not everybody is meant to play music.
Metal66
Trendkiller

Post by Metal66 »

Yeah right. If you practice hard enough you can get good. It might take a long time but you'll get there eventually.
[quote="Avulsed"]Some white girl I met in summer school said she got pregnant from a black man so she threw herself down the stairs twice.[/quote]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

I've been playing over 20 years, and I still go back and take lessons for 3 to 4 months every couple of years. There is always something to learn and ALWAYS someone better.

The trick is getting the right teacher.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

metallica777 wrote:because learning an instrument takes talent that only God himself can give you .
:lol:
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

Pflöyd wrote:
oh yes.. havent heard electric eye but his jazz stuff is great... hell, you hear enough of it in his work with Testament to inspire the hell out of me. I'm grateful enough to have seen him play with a reunited Testament in the Bay Area last year.. that was a friggin dream come true right there.
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

metallica777 wrote:i can't stand hardly any band thats come out in the last 10 years
metallica777
Feel free to dig beneath the surface. Your username voids your opinions.
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

BabyKiller wrote:
Pflöyd wrote:
oh yes.. havent heard electric eye but his jazz stuff is great... hell, you hear enough of it in his work with Testament to inspire the hell out of me. I'm grateful enough to have seen him play with a reunited Testament in the Bay Area last year.. that was a friggin dream come true right there.
That'd be the shit. Interesting that some of my favorite metal guitarists were actually just closet jazz guys (see also: Chris Poland).
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

Pflöyd wrote:
BabyKiller wrote:
Pflöyd wrote:
That'd be the shit. Interesting that some of my favorite metal guitarists were actually just closet jazz guys (see also: Chris Poland).
yeah it was Queensryche and Judas Priest after them too, which essentially was the best show/weekend of my life. All possible thanks to Re-Ed.
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

BabyKiller wrote:
Pflöyd wrote:
BabyKiller wrote:
Pflöyd wrote:
yeah it was Queensryche and Judas Priest after them too, which essentially was the best show/weekend of my life. All possible thanks to Re-Ed.
I was thinking of meeting the old lug when I head out that way in the Spring. But I think he hates me now. :(
metallica777
Creampuff

Post by metallica777 »

Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:
metallica777 wrote:i can't stand hardly any band thats come out in the last 10 years
metallica777
Feel free to dig beneath the surface. Your username voids your opinions.
Metallica debuted in 83. and if thats not what your talking about then why does that void my opinions? just because they made it big and went for a different style doesnt mean they magically suck. i didnt care much for st anger, but the loads were just as good as the rest, just different. at least they change things up to keep them interesting. thats one thing nobody does any more, nothing is really that different from anything else out there. i've tried "digging beneath the surface" because i know for the most part mainstream stuff sucks, but i still didnt find anything so i stand next to my opinion, which is an opinion so you dont have to be a bitch about it.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Digital fucking Gauntlet wrote:Shut it, asshole.
FatRufusFucksYou
Hail Dimebag

Post by FatRufusFucksYou »

bass: 7/10
guitar: 4/10
piano: 5/10

I can play many different wind instruments to varying degrees.
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

metallica777 wrote:no doubt brother, i hate that too. everybody wants to be a guitarist these days, what people dont understand is that not everybody can do it, you have to be gifted, just like with anything else. why do you think there are so many bands now that you've never heard of before? why do you think none of them can play? because learning an instrument takes talent that only God himself can give you and if you dont have the talent, then dont try cuz your making everybody else who does have talent get lost in the confusion. i can't stand hardly any band thats come out in the last 10 years cuz they all seem to be like that. i know a lot of yall like the metal these days, but frankly i dont like where metal has gone at all either. nobody knows how to just rock anymore man, its all about who can make the most money. music has become a huge business and thats it. its really sad. so if you suck at what your doing, sell what you got and get out of the game, seriously. you know it if you suck, im sorry if you do, but not everybody is meant to play music.
yeaaa man. im multi talented.

guitar 8-9

bass 6-7

drums 3-4

piano 6

trombone(thats fuckin right) 7

flute .. somethin like havnt paly for years.. 4

harmonica? 3.. i dont know harmonica dont really know someone good.or can be good

bells 7 yea man i was rippin in music class hahahhaha

i guess thats it.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Shred-Dimebag wrote: yeaaa man. im multi talented.

guitar 8-9
and your asking for tuning advice in another thread.

if you are an 8-9 out of 10, you shouldn't be asking fucking tuning questions.

I highly suggest you re-evaluate, you have a bloated opinion of yourself.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

The harmonica sounds awesome when people like John Popper play it. I have one and I can't play it for shit.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

PABassPlayer wrote:
Shred-Dimebag wrote: yeaaa man. im multi talented.

guitar 8-9
and your asking for tuning advice in another thread.

if you are an 8-9 out of 10, you shouldn't be asking fucking tuning questions.

I highly suggest you re-evaluate, you have a bloated opinion of yourself.
Shred-Dimebag wrote:lmao that line is the thing that show show far u are dude haha.

and btw thanks for the tunin advice on like D tunin ill try it out
Words of a guitar wiz right there.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
tweek
Lynch Mob

Post by tweek »

guitar: 3/10

i don't give myself much credit because i only know a couple of songs. i can't play most solo's from the songs that i learned, they're way too fast. the only ones that i can play all the way through are:

Death - The Philosopher
Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction
Death - Empty Words
Children of Bodom - Every Time I Die
http://maclost.ytmnsfw.com/
http://macgyveruseless.ytmnd.com/
http://macgyverhatespeppers.ytmnd.com/
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

i play soilent-ish acidbath-ish stuff so probably 5.5 or 6 out of 10
Fuck Ole Miss
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

Shred-Dimebag wrote:harmonica? 3.. i dont know harmonica dont really know someone good.or can be good
:fu: played correctly the blues harp buries most other instruments.
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

I'd like to own a harpsichord and be able to play it :|