Pantera publicist puts "E!" in it's place

Talk about anything Pantera related....
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Pantera publicist puts "E!" in it's place

Post by BaptizedBurning »

E! was seeking video of Dimebag Darryl to use in an upcoming 25 Most Chilling Hollywood Murders special, and went to publicist Janie Hoffman. Her response?

Hi Beau. Im leaving Johns comments in cause hes a nice guy and I know this was difficult for him to send on through. Im also blind copying a whole list of folks who will most likely copy a whole other list of folks until maybe this spreads like a good email should and end up on 100,000 websites to show the world what a collective bunch of tasteless morons you all are.

Dimes birthday is this coming Sunday and your timing couldnt be worse. Not that there is a good time. In fact, in honor of his birthday, I think Ill send this around to a few of our favorite music websites who will most likely print the whole damn thing word for word, including your phone number and email. For good measure, Im going to throw in the top 50 major daily music and some of the top TV writers in the country and why not, the weeklies as well.

I realize there is nothing anyone can do to stop E! from producing garbage like this below, as youve built your audience on the backs of other peoples private lives, creating some type of warped reality out of your garbage, which is merely excuses for programming on the cheap and at the expense of others.

I would like to request that you please read this out out loud to all the creative geniuses in the programming department that came up with this idea.

We have received your request to license footage on Dimebag Darrell Abbott for your upcoming production of, 25 Most Chilling Hollywood Murders.

While we realize the average E! audience most likely has the IQ of an umbrella, they collectively are a smarter bunch than the lot of you. Your programming creativity falls somewhere to the bottom of the middle at best, and thats saying a lot.

I ask that you all please take a moment from your busy days and close your eyes. Live out the fantasy of playing your favorite instrument onstage. Your closest friends in the world surround you, either in the band or in your crew. From one side of the stage, a man approaches. Thinking hes a security guy or a drunk fan whos just a bit out a line, you continue to perform. Two seconds later, he lifts his arms, aims a rifle at your brother, your best friend, your buddy and blows his brains out, not three feet from where you are. In the nanosecond it takes you to comprehend the magnitude of what just happened, he does it againand againand againand againand againand again before taking aim and murdering additional members of your extended family as well as fans that have come to see you play. Two of your crew are shot but survive, but of course, will never be the same again.

Now imagine its a few years later and you turn on the TV set. Just in case you may be having at least a five minute respite from that scene that plays over and over in your head, just in case..you flip through the channels and there it is. Again. Only with some two bit actor who thinks this is his big Hollywood break.

And please, if you dont like that scenario, make believe its your child who got his brains splattered all over a stage in Ohio. And then you turn on E! Oh, the magic of television!

In case none of this appears clear enough and you need a definitive answer to your requestno. The answer if no, and on behalf of everyone that was there that night and everyone that misses him every day, you can take that no and shove it up your collective asses.

And, for your second request, yes, you can quote me on that.

Sincerely,

Jane Hoffman
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."
CP
Crazy Canuck

Re: Pantera publicist puts "E!" in it's place

Post by CP »

BaptizedBurning wrote:Dimebag Darryl
Darrell. But anyway, if this is for real, well, her response is kind of funny. Although the argument that Vinnie or Dime's parents could turn on the TV and watch E!'s Most Chilling Hollywood Murders...really, what are the odds, once they already know about it? And you can't really blame E! for putting it in, because it was a murder and it was chilling. And murder sells.
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

bad fucking ass fucking hostile
you know sometimes i wonder..
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

CP wrote:
Darrell. But anyway, if this is for real, well, her response is kind of funny. Although the argument that Vinnie or Dime's parents could turn on the TV and watch E!'s Most Chilling Hollywood Murders...really, what are the odds, once they already know about it? And you can't really blame E! for putting it in, because it was a murder and it was chilling. And murder sells.
peace sells, but who's buyin? hahaha
you know sometimes i wonder..
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Post by BaptizedBurning »

CP wrote:
Darrell.

whoopsy. i didn't type it anyway, just copied and pasted it.
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

That rules.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

:tup:
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

BaptizedBurning wrote:
Jane Hoffman
^^^deserves beer^^^ :tup:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

Post by farbeyondrnk718 »

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
Scarlett
Trendkiller

Post by Scarlett »

Look at it this way...if by some ODD chance a Pantera fan was watching the stupid show...we'd probably be offended he wasn't included; because, yes it was a chilling fucking awful murder....AND NONE OF US WILL BE THE SAME!
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

CP wrote:
Darrell.
Barrel.
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.
Alley
Creampuff

Post by Alley »

I read this and cryed. the fucking networks should have some of thier awards shoved up thier ass'es!!! I have never seen a pic of Elivs dead on the can!! Or Mamma Cass, Jim Morrson And why becaues they would give the baby boomers a heartattack.. Why pick on DIMEBAG? Becaues they do'nt get him and they never will!! They will die one day and hope it's horrable and vidotaped!!
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Fuck E

Jane rules :tup:
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

oh wah wah. If anything, it's a good thing they're acknowledging dime's death as a tragic event and by the same token, consider him a relevant enough celebrity to go on that network. Not that that's much of an honor, but whatever. If she really wanted to get her point across, She should've just said 'hey i think it's tasteless that you're doing a countdown on murders to begin with' instead of her stupid little tirade.
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

Alley wrote:I read this and cryed.
:lol:
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

axlash wrote:oh wah wah. If anything, it's a good thing they're acknowledging dime's death as a tragic event and by the same token, consider him a relevant enough celebrity to go on that network. Not that that's much of an honor, but whatever. If she really wanted to get her point across, She should've just said 'hey i think it's tasteless that you're doing a countdown on murders to begin with' instead of her stupid little tirade.
Maybe they need someone to lash out at them so they get the fucking point.
Stupid fucks like E! dont consider the people shows like that affect, they just want ratings- if its so "acknowledging" where were they for his memorial?
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

E! is lame.
Dimebaggage
Mouth For War

Post by Dimebaggage »

Alley wrote:I read this and cryed.
hahahaha
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

wow, what a bitch.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

of course if they did decide to go ahead with this, we'd be obliged to slaughter 25 stars to keep Dime off that fucking list :tup:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
Janine
Trendkiller

Post by Janine »

BaptizedBurning wrote:
... While we realize the average E! audience most likely has the IQ of an umbrella, they collectively are a smarter bunch than the lot of you.

:lol:

:tup:

The trend is dead!
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

Alley wrote:They will die one day and hope it's horrable and vidotaped!!
Hee hee!
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

:lol: thats horrable!!!!
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

I think its disrespectful :tdown:
Suck me
BAKIN'
Creampuff

Post by BAKIN' »

I hate to take the side of a network whose only ability it seems is to report on the doings of "celebritys" as if they are some how more relevant than the lives of regular everyday joes... but considere this
what if one person saw such a show and it introduced them to the music of DIMEBAG and what if it changed that persons life forever just like it has done mine and countless others? And besides would they have to show the blood and guts stuff, give them video of hime pouring out his heart through his guitar. I say no matter how, saturate the media with his gift untill people realize that he had talent. Even if you don't dig metal. He had talent. Spread it like an infection!!! Of course it would only be alright with me if the man's family (not his fans) and CLOSE freinds were ok with it to begin with. Let the world be touched. This would be an odd chance to hit an audience that may never have been there before. ROCK on DIME. With all due respect.
Keepin' Metal Alive In Fucking Colusa County
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

BAKIN' wrote:I hate to take the side of a network whose only ability it seems is to report on the doings of "celebritys" as if they are some how more relevant than the lives of regular everyday joes... but considere this
what if one person saw such a show and it introduced them to the music of DIMEBAG and what if it changed that persons life forever just like it has done mine and countless others? And besides would they have to show the blood and guts stuff, give them video of hime pouring out his heart through his guitar. I say no matter how, saturate the media with his gift untill people realize that he had talent. Even if you don't dig metal. He had talent. Spread it like an infection!!! Of course it would only be alright with me if the man's family (not his fans) and CLOSE freinds were ok with it to begin with. Let the world be touched. This would be an odd chance to hit an audience that may never have been there before. ROCK on DIME. With all due respect.
Well obviously the Abbott family doesn't see things that way....
Get killed.
maceek
Far Beyond Driven

Post by maceek »

Psshhh :roll: .
E!-- The entertainment network for the sensible lesbian. Right in there w/ fucking Lifetime :fu: :x :fu: