Favourite Guitarplayer dead/alive

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
eet_fuk
n0ob

Post by eet_fuk »

Dimejandro wrote:do they need to be famous to be great? No. Kirk Hammet by fact has poor tecnique. I'm not making this up, it's just what is obvious. Take a look at any recent video of him playin solos, and dont tell me you dont vomit in your mouth when you hear that. Now Shawn Lane: flawless genius. Dont even get me started on his pentatonic phrasing, pure genius. If you're into that, well to each his own. I myself dont admire mediocrity.
No they do not, and I wrote that he was great too.. BUT, does he have any famous songs/solos? I'm questioning his writingskills. If he's that good.. How come there hasn't been this major breakthrough?

And Kirk Hammets technique isn't bad.. :lol: :lol: Yes I've watched plenty of live material and he always performs top notch. I think that you're jealous cus of his success and that your fav guitarist hasn't reached the same heights :/
btw, the topic doesent say "pentatonic skills" .. it's F A V O U R I T E. And he is one of mine because I like his music, which has a lot to do with his technique.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

eet_fuk wrote:
Dimejandro wrote:do they need to be famous to be great? No. Kirk Hammet by fact has poor tecnique. I'm not making this up, it's just what is obvious. Take a look at any recent video of him playin solos, and dont tell me you dont vomit in your mouth when you hear that. Now Shawn Lane: flawless genius. Dont even get me started on his pentatonic phrasing, pure genius. If you're into that, well to each his own. I myself dont admire mediocrity.
No they do not, and I wrote that he was great too.. BUT, does he have any famous songs/solos? I'm questioning his writingskills. If he's that good.. How come there hasn't been this major breakthrough?

And Kirk Hammets technique isn't bad.. :lol: :lol: Yes I've watched plenty of live material and he always performs top notch. I think that you're jealous cus of his success and that your fav guitarist hasn't reached the same heights :/
btw, the topic doesent say "pentatonic skills" .. it's F A V O U R I T E. And he is one of mine because I like his music, which has a lot to do with his technique.
Being famous is hardly a measure of talent and ability :roll: By your logic someone like Justin Timberlake is one of the greatest male vocalists of all time.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
ATR v1.2
ATRLRIGHT!!!

Post by ATR v1.2 »

Spoke In The Fuckin wheel wrote:Living legends:

Jimmy Page
Neil Young
Iommi
:tup: :tup:
The smell of mutton and onions no man could ask for more, We were chug-luggin' Dominion when a Mountie walked in the door.
Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

dead forever wrote:Being famous is hardly a measure of talent and ability :roll: By your logic someone like Justin Timberlake is one of the greatest male vocalists of all time.
L1k3 t3h just1n 1snT t3h gr34t3st?? :fur:

:lol:
[img]http://70.84.190.115/6236/88/emo/eusa_think.gif[/img]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Watw-Drums wrote:
Jefferino wrote:Dimebag
Buckethead
Adam Dutkiewicz
:lol: :lol:
Think what you want...Ive seen him do some amazing shit....
Get killed.
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Jeff Loomis
John Petrucci
Murray/Smith
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

eet_fuk wrote:

What an idiot. I couldn't care less about fame, fame has nothing to do with song writing skills. and Shit, how can you say kirk hammet has better writing skills? that has got to be the most idiotic thing I have heard in my life. Why am I even talking to you!? Lets just clear something up. You don't know shit about guitar, son. I do.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
PRJECEDNIK
I will fuck you up

Post by PRJECEDNIK »

Dimejandro wrote: Lets just clear something up. You don't know shit about guitar, son. I do.

owned :death:
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Rusty Cooley
Shawn Lane
Chuck Schuldiner
Dimebag
James Murphy
Dave Murray
Ihsahn
Ron Jarzombek
Joe Satriani
Kiko Loureiro
Tim Roth
Arie Itman
Paul Gilbert
Jesse Cook
Jeff Loomis
Luke Jaeger

What's wrong with choosing Buckethead? His albums are pretty messed up and his skill is pretty damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZjPYtcMOA

The tapping part :tup:
Q&A: Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?

Cro Cop: Yes

[quote="Neural Implosion"] I'm just a grindcore musician out there trying to make it[/quote]
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

in no order:

Richie Blackmore
David Gilmour
Robert Fripp
Martin Barre
Alex Lifeson
Steve Howe
Chuck Shuldiner
Tony Iommi
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Leslie West
Adam Jones
Mikael and Peter from Opeth
The guys from Nile

Jimmy Page is the most overrated guitarist ever. His real talent is his songwriting ability. But technically he's sloppy. Watch a live Zeppelin performance. That band WAS the rhythm section. Get over it.

Dime's riffs are more impressive than his technical skills.
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Avulsed wrote:Rusty Cooley
Shawn Lane
Chuck Schuldiner
Dimebag
James Murphy
Dave Murray
Ihsahn
Ron Jarzombek
Joe Satriani
Kiko Loureiro
Tim Roth
Arie Itman
Paul Gilbert
Jesse Cook
Jeff Loomis
Luke Jaeger
good list. :tup:
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
tgstk2
Far Beyond Driven

Post by tgstk2 »

Lord of This World wrote:
Shawn Lane
Chuck Schuldiner
Dimebag
James Murphy
Dave Murray
Ihsahn
Ron Jarzombek
Joe Satriani
Kiko Loureiro
Tim Roth
Arie Itman
Paul Gilbert
Jesse Cook
Jeff Loomis
Luke Jaeger
iwant fuck you
** Mr. Rackman **
http://www.freewebs.com/frust
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

tgstk2 wrote:
Lord of This World wrote:
Shawn Lane
Chuck Schuldiner
Dimebag
James Murphy
Dave Murray
Ihsahn
Ron Jarzombek
Joe Satriani
Kiko Loureiro
Tim Roth
Arie Itman
Paul Gilbert
Jesse Cook
Jeff Loomis
Luke Jaeger
iwant fuck you
kick out the jamz :lol:
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Avulsed wrote:What's wrong with choosing Buckethead? His albums are pretty messed up and his skill is pretty damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ZjPYtcMOA

The tapping part :tup:
Because it's "cliché", everyone here is too unground :roll: I think he's a badass...
Get killed.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Hes good at what he does, but he makes bad music.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Jefferino wrote:
Watw-Drums wrote:
Buckethead
Adam Dutkiewicz
A g?
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Watw-Drums wrote:
Jefferino wrote:
Watw-Drums wrote:
Buckethead
Adam Dutkiewicz
A g?
dahhh huh? :?
Get killed.
Sjusovaren
Creampuff

Post by Sjusovaren »

(Yay, first post)

Adrian "H" Smith
Joe Satriani
Dave Murray
Steve Vai
Herman Li
Sam Totman
John Petrucci
Kai Hansen
Dimebag
Laszlo Novak
Gary Moore
Yngwie Malmsteen
John Norum
Neil Young
Jeff Loomis
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

go to bed :x
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
Sjusovaren
Creampuff

Post by Sjusovaren »

13steps wrote:go to bed :x
Who, me? *confused*
tweek
Lynch Mob

Post by tweek »

my top 5 favorites:

1. Dimebag
2. Buckethead
3. Muhammed Suicmez
4. Alexi Lahio
5. Dave Mustaine
http://maclost.ytmnsfw.com/
http://macgyveruseless.ytmnd.com/
http://macgyverhatespeppers.ytmnd.com/
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Dimebag - obvious.
Trey Azagoth - I enjoy his soloing and tone
Jason Becker - classical ability
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Lord of This World wrote:in no order:
Thing about Dime is that he held back a lot for his solos. He just wanted to write stuff that fit with the overall feel of the song, and a lot of the time it was just cool ass licks and memorable parts. But one of the craziest parts of his ability is his legato, listen to the solo in Shattered. How he manages to pick very little and still have so much control and volume is beyond me.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

warhead dime wrote:
Lord of This World wrote:in no order:
Thing about Dime is that he held back a lot for his solos. He just wanted to write stuff that fit with the overall feel of the song, and a lot of the time it was just cool ass licks and memorable parts. But one of the craziest parts of his ability is his legato, listen to the solo in Shattered. How he manages to pick very little and still have so much control and volume is beyond me.
His legato really is second to none. If you listen to stuff like Death Trap and other shit on Power Metal where he didnt hold back as much, its fucking insane. And there's no way in hell he got worse over the years. Infact his spotlight solo from the Damageplan days showcased just how damm technically profficient he really was. He wasnt too shabby at the old Alternate picking either.

NP: A New Level solo.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
tweek
Lynch Mob

Post by tweek »

Sjusovaren wrote:Herman Li
maybe i haven't heard enough of this guy, but i think he's overrated as hell. i mean he can play fast and everything, but alot of it is boring as hell. not only that, he totally fucks up on his "betcha can't play this" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2qY_Rn_qKs
http://maclost.ytmnsfw.com/
http://macgyveruseless.ytmnd.com/
http://macgyverhatespeppers.ytmnd.com/
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Yeah, that was horrible. "Kinda sloppy" or whatever he said was the understatement of the decade.

And the deal that his buddy plays is a joke.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

ouch, i saw that. slopfest 06. also saw evergreys betcha cant play this on the related vids part, he fucks up too haha.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
eet_fuk
n0ob

Post by eet_fuk »

Dimejandro wrote:
eet_fuk wrote:

What an idiot. I couldn't care less about fame, fame has nothing to do with song writing skills. and Shit, how can you say kirk hammet has better writing skills? that has got to be the most idiotic thing I have heard in my life. Why am I even talking to you!? Lets just clear something up. You don't know shit about guitar, son. I do.
If you don't care about the success, why are you arguing with me? You obviously don't have the ability to answer my questions, because you know that I am right. We can go on like this for as long as you like, but my fav will still be Hammet. And I never insulted you or your precious hero, but you are the bigger idiot here that's for sure. "your don't know shit about guitar son, I do." You're a fucking fag.. That's the only fact here. I'm not your son you impotent pedophilemotherfucker.

Bring some clare facts of why Kirk Hammet should be a bad guitarplayer. And if youre such a fuckin genius, show me some material.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

eet_fuk wrote:
Dimejandro wrote:
eet_fuk wrote:

If you don't care about the success, why are you arguing with me? You obviously don't have the ability to answer my questions, because you know that I am right. We can go on like this for as long as you like, but my fav will still be Hammet. And I never insulted you or your precious hero, but you are the bigger idiot here that's for sure. "your don't know shit about guitar son, I do." You're a fucking fag.. That's the only fact here. I'm not your son you impotent pedophilemotherfucker.

Bring some clare facts of why Kirk Hammet should be a bad guitarplayer. And if youre such a fuckin genius, show me some material.
:lol: you're funny. don't challenge me, you'll end up humilliated. and i fucking hate showing off.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
iron_tusk
Im Broken

Post by iron_tusk »

1. Kim Thayil - Soundgarden
2. Dime
3. Tim Sult - Clutch
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Tim Sult is currently the king of pentatonic riffs. No one else out there right now can top him. One of the few bands out there who can use blues based stuff without being boring and cliche. :tup:
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Dimejandro wrote:i fucking hate showing off.
DO IT!
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
vulgar_swede
Vulgar Bastard

Post by vulgar_swede »

tweek wrote:my top 5 favorites:

1. Dimebag
2. Buckethead
3. Muhammed Suicmez
4. Alexi Lahio
5. Dave Mustaine
Alexi "Wildchild" Lahio sucks ass. He's the worst guitar player I've ever heard. :no:
If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

[quote="iron_tusk"]1. Kim Thayil - Soundgarden

Ohh yeah, forgot about him. Very creative and soulful :tup:
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
MDlifer90
Far Beyond Driven

Post by MDlifer90 »

Iommi...the creator
[color=red]Terps B-ball 20-7!!!![/color]
wal
women = whore

Post by wal »

fripp
skolnick
lifeson
thordendal
Amputee
Creampuff

Post by Amputee »

Jeff Loomis
Dimebag
Alex Skolnik
Chuck Schuldiner
Andre Olbrich
Peter Klett
Kim Thaiyl
Jerry Cantrell
Dave Bolan
Dave Mustaine
Jon Oliva
Alexi Laiho
Kai Hansen
Steve Vai
Paul Gilbert (everything about this guy kicks ass)
Mikael Akerfeldt
Holy acute schiziphrenia, Batman!
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Paul Gilbert is a freak. His new album is insane and you have to appreciate a man who can sweep with his tongue.
Q&A: Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?

Cro Cop: Yes

[quote="Neural Implosion"] I'm just a grindcore musician out there trying to make it[/quote]
eet_fuk
n0ob

Post by eet_fuk »

:lol: you're funny. don't challenge me, you'll end up humilliated. and i fucking hate showing off.
I already did. You're gay. :fu: