Zakk Wylde is a fucking shred maniac

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

Zakk may be a dipshit, but to deny that he's made alot of good shit is being disingenuous. Compared to all the other metal bands out today, what he's doing with BLS ain't that bad.
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

i can't believe you just said that. please, leave the board. there are at least 30,000 metal bands who's worst albums are better than wylde's best.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

30,000.. ha.. nigga please.. youd' be lucky if there were 300 these days.
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

i'm pretty sure i listen to close to 300 bands.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

yeah. 300 metal bands that are decent to listen to nowadays. riiight.
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Don't forget Bodom, BK is the be all, end all of modern day metal.
Q&A: Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?

Cro Cop: Yes

[quote="Neural Implosion"] I'm just a grindcore musician out there trying to make it[/quote]
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

Damn right. There's more shitty ass metal now than there ever has been before.. that is undeniable.
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Thats because there's 20x the amount of bands than there were in the 80's. Along with that comes the majority of it being pure shit. But you saying there is barely any good metal being put out today is dumb.

[quote="Neural Implosion"] I'm just a grindcore musician out there trying to make it[/quote]
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

yeah, given the rehashed and uninspired schlock out there, there are very few bands worth listening to.. the dumb bastards have forgotten their roots..

and I meant there are more shitty bands per capita than there ever have been.. it seems like nobody knows how to write a decent song any more. These losers need to sit down and take a music theory class or something.. nah, better yet, they might as well give their equipment to me and flood the employee market at their local fast food eateries.
Spoke In The Fuckin wheel
I will fuck you up

Post by Spoke In The Fuckin wheel »

Avulsed wrote:Thats because there's 20x the amount of bands than there were in the 80's. Along with that comes the majority of it being pure shit. But you saying there is barely any good metal being put out today is dumb.
I still don't understand what Zakk is supposed to sound like as compared to these great bands everyone talks about. He's in his own category along with COC and shit like that. What's wrong with lead guitar with a Black Sabbath/rock and roll influence? Fuck you all that disagree.
" Tighten It Up" Dimebag.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Spoke In The Fuckin wheel wrote:
Avulsed wrote:Thats because there's 20x the amount of bands than there were in the 80's. Along with that comes the majority of it being pure shit. But you saying there is barely any good metal being put out today is dumb.
I still don't understand what Zakk is supposed to sound like as compared to these great bands everyone talks about. He's in his own category along with COC and shit like that. What's wrong with lead guitar with a Black Sabbath/rock and roll influence? Fuck you all that disagree.
His music sounds nothing like this.
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Truth.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Avulsed wrote:
WarlocK7 wrote:
Avulsed wrote:Jeff Waters>Zakk Wylde
<----nein!! k DBS learn miracle man and make a video of it its a cool song but i dont know if u could learn it but try it
Who's Jeff Waters?
Annihilator, basically.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
WarlocK7
Cowboy From Hell

Post by WarlocK7 »

got to admit though zakk can tear it up, but dime will always be my favorite guitarist, but u cant deny the fact zakk is good he can jam like dime only dime was more creative
"Throughout the day, mankind played with grenades.."
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

Wylde is a solid player
WarlocK7
Cowboy From Hell

Post by WarlocK7 »

i agree
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

dead forever wrote:
Avulsed wrote:
WarlocK7 wrote:
<----nein!! k DBS learn miracle man and make a video of it its a cool song but i dont know if u could learn it but try it
Who's Jeff Waters?
Annihilator, basically.
You ruined it for me asshole.

dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Avulsed wrote:
dead forever wrote:
Avulsed wrote:
WarlocK7 wrote:
Who's Jeff Waters?
Annihilator, basically.
You ruined it for me asshole.
:roll:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
WarlocK7
Cowboy From Hell

Post by WarlocK7 »

:shock:
Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

Zivi wrote:
Sir Dan wrote:
Lager wrote:
Revolver wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
qft
qtf*
mine: quoted for truth
you meant quote the fuck, I guess?
[img]http://70.84.190.115/6236/88/emo/eusa_think.gif[/img]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Sir Dan wrote:
Zivi wrote:
Sir Dan wrote:
Lager wrote:
qft
qtf*
:lol:
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

qft = quit fucking typing :zzz:
Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

Well sorry I'm not too much into AOL superchat whatever language.
And every word has three meanings and possibilities at least. :tdown:

OH and I won't fucking stop typing because of an emo german. :D
[img]http://70.84.190.115/6236/88/emo/eusa_think.gif[/img]
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Yeah sorry DBS, your a good guitarist.... but lets see miracle man FOR REALS
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

from a technical standpoint, zakk wylde is nothing compared to some of the insane guitarists out there, even if you just look at metal. so "shred maniac" would not be an accurate description of his abilities. i think bls sucks buttered monkey cock, but that can be argued over forever. now end this fucking thread.
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Truth. The 100th pinched harmonic in C pentatonic or some shit in the first minute is enough thanks :fu:
WarlocK7
Cowboy From Hell

Post by WarlocK7 »

wow someone agrees DBS should make a video of him playing miracle man
eet_fuk
n0ob

Post by eet_fuk »

Lager wrote:
PRJECEDNIK wrote:
7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:You'll always live in his shadow you fucking cunt. Pinch harmonics are his fucking signature and its crushing. You come up with something that sounds cooler and more origional and then you can run that fucking cock sucker you call a mouth. He was fucking playing for ozzy when he was 19 and he could shred your fucking face in the ground then, so don't pull that fucking pussy shit "Hes played longer than me" Go in your fucking room and practice some more you cunt

OWNED
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

Sir Dan wrote:
Zivi wrote:
Sir Dan wrote:
Lager wrote:
qft
qtf*
you can't just make shit up on the internet! :x
The Muddy Ground
Creampuff

Post by The Muddy Ground »

I don't listen to Zakk's stuff at all, fav for me is Slash and Dave Mustaine. I just thought all that beer drinking, cursing, fuck you, fuck off shite seemed trivial and made up. But whatever I don't like it so I don't listen to it.
I'm on the bad, bad side of the road.
The Muddy Ground
Creampuff

Post by The Muddy Ground »

Don't like Wylde's stuff, my favorite is Slash. Just like his style and playing ability. Also think all that biker. beer drinking, leather vest stuff seems phony shite.
I'm on the bad, bad side of the road.
Zakk Wylde
Creampuff

Post by Zakk Wylde »

owned :zzz: :fu:
S.D.M.F.
eet_fuk
n0ob

Post by eet_fuk »

PhilCore wrote:
Sir Dan wrote:
Zivi wrote:
Sir Dan wrote:
Lager wrote:
qft
qtf*
you can't just make shit up on the internet! :x
:lol: :lol:
Colonel
Creampuff

Post by Colonel »

Revolver wrote:Because hes an egotistical piece of shit that feeds off Dimebags death, not to mention like many other 'metal' bands, and the BLS fanbase are full of shitbags.
I can't believe you post shit like that, especially on a Pantera forum. I saw Zakk live at HOB LA 6 weeks after Dime died and you could see his hurt over the loss as he played. Zakk was by Rita's and Vinnie's side through the tragic loss of Dime, he has the right as one of Dime's best friends to pay tribute to him without getting accused of cashing in you FUCK!
Revolver wrote:THe only good song Zack has done is a cover, and that of No More Tears.
Sonic Brew was written for Ozzy but Ozzy complained that it was too heavy. When Ozzy toured New Zealand in'98 Zakk played us almost the entire album on a grand piano at the hotel where they were staying. He is a great musician all round.

If you don't BLS or Zakk, fine, it's your opinion, that doesn't make him a crap player.

After listening to Al Pitrelli on Alice Cooper's Poison ya wouldn't say he was one of the best but yet he played live with Megadeth and pulled Marty Friedman's stuff off in his sleep (And that'snot a dig at Marty, I'm a big fan of his).

What makes a good guitarist?

1. Song writing
2. Signature sound
3. Charisma

Zakk has all 3

I don't think you can ever decide who is the best because it's personal opinion and nobody stops learning. Zakk plays pentatonic 'cause that's his signature, watch his instructional where he shows he can sweep but Malmsteen covered that and when he shows he can tap but that was Eddie's thing, Zakk is a way better player than he shows in BLS but he enjoys it.

Is Eric Clapton a bad player 'cause he's been playing the same blues licks for 30+ years even though he can actually shred like a muthafucker and put a lot of players to shame?

I think not.
dead forever wrote:Id rather be an internet badass than a poser biker who shows his true pussy like nature as soon as a hint of a threat occurs, ie: Fag Wylde.
dead forever wrote:by: Blabbermouth.Net on 06/18/2005

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY were reportedly forced to cancel their scheduled gig in Manchester, England Saturday night (June 18) after a local biker club, Sons of Hell, allegedly complained that the group's back design is too similar to their own. A BLABBERMOUTH.NET reader, Will from Manchester, wrote, "They (Sons of Hell) were telling people to cover up, take off, or turn inside out their BLACK LABEL shirts, and anybody with a band shirt on that was black and white. They then continued to beat people up who didn't, ripping shirts off. I saw at least three ambulances. It's really bad, I was looking forward to (the gig). It was all a logo issue apparently. They had an issue with the BLACK LABEL logo being similar to theirs, and in their colours." Another BLABBERMOUTH.NET visitor who went to the venue wrote, "They threatened event staff and fans. The gig was cancelled for safety of all involved."
I fail to see how cancelling the show 'cause his fans were getting beaten up by a gang makes Zakk a pussy or a fag.

And just so you know, BLS put out a lot of albums real quick to get out of a record contract with a company that wasn't doing anything for them, hence the reason they sounded very similar.

I'd like to see most of you people that are hassling Zakk get a deal and put out that many albums with better quality music whilst touring with that band and playing guitar for someone like Ozzy and caring for a wife and kids.

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!
You do me like you do yourself, then I beat you down, you can't handle it you IGNORANT FUCK!

Http://www.sinate.net
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

So, "a record company that wasnt' doing anything for them" probably means that BLS wasn't seeing shit for royalties, no?
How is this not cashing in?
If BLS is such a good band, why would they put out dogshit records for the sole purpose of spending up a contract ASAP instead of being "true to the music" per se, and putting out good music?
Oh wait, they're not capable of that, the good music part.
Forgot.
Zakk already has more money than he knows what to do with, I'm sure, from playing with Ozzy and such; so where's the need to sell-out?
It appears that they really do, just flat-out suck.

As far as the minor pentatonic thing goes, after ANY guitarist masters it and moves onto something else, you've already worn the pentatonic lick bullshit out to death. I personally very rarely play pentatonics because of that.
Why keep playing the same bluesy bullshit scale riffs that are incredibly boring and repetative?
It's a tried and true formula that makes people feel like they know something about music with having to learn or hear the least complication possible.
Maybe it's just me, but I'd die happy if I never had to hear another guitarist solo exclusively in the minor pentatonic over a G 1-4-5 progression again.
Zakk is boring as fuck.
Sorry to burst your BLSubble.
Zivi
BOOM headshot!

Post by Zivi »

What the fuck is wrong with you.
Panterachat get your metal pestilence. Arbuckle hospital. Iron from 1920s. Aheels. Seals hockey. Evan lysacek personal life. Bbb certified at home ...
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

Zivi wrote:What the fuck is wrong with you.
BLS/Zakk dickriders are funny as fuck?
Colonel
Creampuff

Post by Colonel »

Hey dude, the whole cashing in comment I don't get anyway, Zakk did a tribute song for Dime, so did Nickleback, so did other bands.

I understand if ya don't like Zakk's style or his songwriting or BLS, I understand that you find his style boring. All I'm saying is that he is capable of other styles, watch his chicken picking shit or other stuff frominstructional video's that he's done and you'll see what I mean. I'm not saying he's the best, I'm just saying people don't have to call him a fag or a pussy 'cause they don't like his style.

Personally I'm a big fan of Nuno Bettencourt, Vito Bratta, Warren DeMartini, I mean Mick Mars wasn't the best guitar player but he worked real well with the Crue ya know.

Some people like Zakk, some people don't, sweet. It's no reason for people to start name calling and saying that he's cashing in on Dime when they really have no idea how close Zakk and Dime were.
You do me like you do yourself, then I beat you down, you can't handle it you IGNORANT FUCK!

Http://www.sinate.net
Zivi
BOOM headshot!

Post by Zivi »

Kellan wrote:
Zivi wrote:What the fuck is wrong with you.
BLS/Zakk dickriders are funny as fuck?
Not you, that Colonel guy. I didn't want to quote the whole thing.
Panterachat get your metal pestilence. Arbuckle hospital. Iron from 1920s. Aheels. Seals hockey. Evan lysacek personal life. Bbb certified at home ...
sickness13
Creampuff

Post by sickness13 »

his work with ozzy and solo stuff is good, but I can't stand his wankage in BLS. Even in soft songs like in this river he has to show off.