Amp Tubes

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Amp Tubes

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

I have a Peavey XXX that came with 6L6 tubes in it. If i change to EL34 tubes will it have a heavier/Cleaner/Over all better metal tone?? What brand do you guys think is the best?
Suck me
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Can you rebias the amp? You can't just switch tubes unless the amp can rebias itself (or you can).

EL34's tend to be warmer in tone to my ears (more "sag"). 6L6's always seem to be more of the high gain heavy-metal type of tubes.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

It can be switched from 6l6's to el34's. Personally I would stay with the 6l6's as far you want to stay in the metal area. Don't get me wrong el34's are great but if you looking for balls out metal, I would stick with the 6l6's.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

Word :tup:
Suck me
Chaosphere
Creampuff

Re: Amp Tubes

Post by Chaosphere »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:I have a Peavey XXX that came with 6L6 tubes in it. If i change to EL34 tubes will it have a heavier/Cleaner/Over all better metal tone?? What brand do you guys think is the best?
No. Go with EL34's if you want more of that classic british rock sound. I think the 6l6's are better suited for metal.
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity -- Edgar Allan Poe
neckred
Creampuff

Post by neckred »

Ben
fuckyeah

Re: Amp Tubes

Post by Ben »

Chaosphere wrote:
7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:I have a Peavey XXX that came with 6L6 tubes in it. If i change to EL34 tubes will it have a heavier/Cleaner/Over all better metal tone?? What brand do you guys think is the best?
No. Go with EL34's if you want more of that classic british rock sound. I think the 6l6's are better suited for metal.
agreed. and holy shit dude, where have you been? I haven't seen you on here in ages!
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Chaosphere
Creampuff

Post by Chaosphere »

Hey what's up. Just been trying to keep busy. Currently working on some new stuff, somewhat in the vein of the Floyd. Not sure what will come of it, if anything.

I see some familiar names are still around. :tup: :pimp: You guys still partying it up?
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity -- Edgar Allan Poe