Time wasters

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Time wasters

Post by dead forever »

Anyone else ever feel like theyre being held back by time wasters in bands with no drive/ motivation? Im sure this is a common problem but throughout my few years as a musician I always find the perfect band constantly within my grasp then taken away by someone who cannot make a compromise. Nothing worse than people who have no goals in life .
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

im being held back by a dude who i cant get ahold of. how the hell does he think he's gonna play in bands if no one can get in touch with him? :no:
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

I've had that one before, and my friends band got fucked over big style in that situation, I'll type up the story later.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
tgstk2
Far Beyond Driven

Post by tgstk2 »

the motivation thing is a big issue in every band....
i've been there. being 30 now, i don't just wanna play music 24.7 anymore 5 years ago...i wouldn't give a fuck the rehearse an play all day every day.
but doesn't mean i ain't motivated....the time i'm rehearsing is more productive than it was before...
and my motivation/drive can be made better or the opposite if one bandmember isn't that creative, or technical.....
i just hate it when a good riff or whatever can't be used because someone just can't play it...
** Mr. Rackman **
http://www.freewebs.com/frust
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I love all the ads in local classifieds with shit like "Need a good drummer, must be willing to tour and do this for a living!" And they're 17. Silly kids.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Most drummers are pussys :no: :tdown:
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Pflöyd wrote:I love all the ads in local classifieds with shit like "Need a good drummer, must be willing to tour and do this for a living!" And they're 17. Silly kids.
I see that alot too, that cracks me up.
I guess you have to appreciate the enthusiasm.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Its one thing being enthusiastic, its another being moronic. I mean lazy people who just leech of other people in the band with no willingness to make a little self sacrifice ever.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

i always had trouble with bass players up until now.
our first bassist was the worst. i tried and tried and even resorted to teach him more shit. then we slowly fased him out, he didn't take it well. he stopped playing altogether and i offered to buy his kick ass peavey half stack for the new bass player, he refused. :lol:
he was on my best buddies, to this day i don't talk to him much
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Sounds like a douche :lol:

Im thinking of going to audition for this band http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=13777753
on Friday, they need a new guitarist. The musics a little simple and less groovy for my liking but I think they have immense potential and I have some excellent songs from my old band that would work well with their singer, what do you guys think?
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Post by BaptizedBurning »

i'm currently in two bands. one is just a joke cover band, we only practice when there's a show coming up. the other band does all originals, but we've only written 4 songs in almost 2 years. we're just in it to have fun, but i'm the only one that wants to take it more seriously. they're all good friends of mine, so it's just fun to jam out. the only shitty part is that i'm stuck playing bass even though i'm a guitar player and write half the riffs on guitar.
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

dead forever wrote:Sounds like a douche :lol:

Im thinking of going to audition for this band http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=13777753
on Friday, they need a new guitarist. The musics a little simple and less groovy for my liking but I think they have immense potential and I have some excellent songs from my old band that would work well with their singer, what do you guys think?
dude, rex, it doesn't say they need a bassist. besides, how are you gonna commute from NOLA?!?! :lol:

they're pretty good musically, but the vocals are absolutley horrible.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

dead forever wrote:Sounds like a douche :lol:

:tup: actually sounds pretty good man, i'd go for it.
anty
I will fuck you up

Post by anty »

get rid of the vocalist
"What do these deer think when they see you coming?"

only interested in three things: the best place to eat, having sex and how quickly they can run away. Much like the French."
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

Everyone in my band is dedicated and motivated, and that's awesome, but the only thing that kind of frustrates me is that it seems some members of the band are content with the skill level they're at now. There's more to being a musician than just practicing your part of a song over and over, especially if we really wanna grow as a band.