NHL offseason

The place to talk about all of Pantera's side bands! Down, SJR, Gasoline, etc...
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

:lol:
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Ondrus had zero points during the 22 or some odd games with the Leafs, but my fuck he was physical :tup:
Q&A: Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?

Cro Cop: Yes

[quote="Neural Implosion"] I'm just a grindcore musician out there trying to make it[/quote]
Area53
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Area53 »

Shots of NHL '07... http://blogs.ign.com/nhl_07

i like this one:

Looks good, but im sure it'll pretty much be the same as the other 12 versions. I used to love this game but its pretty repetitive year to year now.
[url=http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=37.254653,-115.79607&spn=0.09947,0.1581]Area 51[/url]
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

did the nhl vid games use the new rules?
Area53
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Area53 »

Wayne wrote:did the nhl vid games use the new rules?
yeah, but it didnt make any difference in the game play, since it always had 2 line passing off by default, so the game was wide open regardless.
supposedly they rebuilt NHL07 from the ground up, so its a brand new game. I think the last time they did that was in 97 when it went from the cartoony style to the current style.
[url=http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=37.254653,-115.79607&spn=0.09947,0.1581]Area 51[/url]
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

youre not going to see what they can do with the next gen until they stop making current gen.
all the games that they are making now have to be ported to all systems so they have to hold back the capabilities
Area53
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Area53 »

Wayne wrote:youre not going to see what they can do with the next gen until they stop making current gen.
all the games that they are making now have to be ported to all systems so they have to hold back the capabilities
EA is probably doing what they did with madden, and the ncaa football game:
Make a brand new game for next gen, with all the new graphics etc, but stripped down, so people will still buy the old version of the game for the current gen (xbox/ps2), because it has all the 'new features'. I just ran into this problem with NCAA 07 for xbox360, it doesnt have all the gameplay modes that the normal xbox version does, but it runs on the new madden engine developed strictly for next gen consoles.
HELLSPAWN
Mouth For War

Post by HELLSPAWN »

TSN Ice Chips for Saturday, July 9

* Ed Belfour has made it clear Detroit is where he'd like to end up. His agent, Ron Salcer, reiterated that Friday, saying the Wings are the veteran free-agent goaltender's No. 1 choice. Wings general manager Ken Holland told Salcer on Friday he'll let him know Monday whether he's prepared to make Belfour a contract offer. - Detroit News

* Brendan Shanahan is believed seeking a two-year deal at $5 million a season. Various newspapers differ on which teams are still in the hunt for him and which teams are not, with the Montreal Canadiens, Boston Bruins, New York Rangers, Los Angeles Kings and Detroit Red Wings all in the mix. - Montreal Gazette

* Senators GM John Muckler continues to shop Martin Havlat, but his insistence on a one-year deal is hampering attempts to move him. - Ottawa Citizen

* Rangers assistant GM Don Maloney claims his team is still considering 'moderately priced veterans' who can fit well into the team's roster. He said the club is in contact with the agents for Petr Sykora and Martin Rucinsky and would like to re-sign them for the right price. - Star Ledger

* Dallas Stars GM Doug Armstrong "is likely done with major signings in free agency." Armstrong reportedly wants to start the season with a $40 million payroll to provide flexibility for trades. - Fort Worth Star Telegram
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand Binary & those who dont.
HELLSPAWN = God Of Emptiness
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

Peca's either signing with the Leafs or the Islanders

Peca said he'd take a pay cut to play for the Leafs :tup:
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

HELLSPAWN wrote:TSN Ice Chips for Saturday, July 9

* Ed Belfour has made it clear Detroit is where he'd like to end up. His agent, Ron Salcer, reiterated that Friday, saying the Wings are the veteran free-agent goaltender's No. 1 choice. Wings general manager Ken Holland told Salcer on Friday he'll let him know Monday whether he's prepared to make Belfour a contract offer. - Detroit News

* Brendan Shanahan is believed seeking a two-year deal at $5 million a season. Various newspapers differ on which teams are still in the hunt for him and which teams are not, with the Montreal Canadiens, Boston Bruins, New York Rangers, Los Angeles Kings and Detroit Red Wings all in the mix. - Montreal Gazette

* Senators GM John Muckler continues to shop Martin Havlat, but his insistence on a one-year deal is hampering attempts to move him. - Ottawa Citizen

* Rangers assistant GM Don Maloney claims his team is still considering 'moderately priced veterans' who can fit well into the team's roster. He said the club is in contact with the agents for Petr Sykora and Martin Rucinsky and would like to re-sign them for the right price. - Star Ledger

* Dallas Stars GM Doug Armstrong "is likely done with major signings in free agency." Armstrong reportedly wants to start the season with a $40 million payroll to provide flexibility for trades. - Fort Worth Star Telegram
oh fuck yeah, I would love to have shanny in NYC. we need gritty north americans like him. I would be surprised if rucinsky comes back though,although it'd be a shame if he didn't, but management isn't craz about him.
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
CntrlDenied
Creampuff Sr.

Post by CntrlDenied »

HELLSPAWN wrote:TSN Ice Chips for Saturday, July 9

[/i]
when is this asswipe going to make up his mind, boston already offered him 9.5 million/two years
Area53
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Area53 »

Brendan Shanahan is not worth 1/8th of the salary cap.
He's no Fernando Pisani.
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

oh fuck yes. Shanahan in new york, one year, 4 mil. :aargh: This is the best sather signing in a while.
Area53
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Area53 »

axlash wrote:oh fuck yes. Shanahan in new york, one year, 4 mil. :aargh: This is the best sather signing in a while.
Even better is that you lost a shitty defenseman (Tom Poti), to a division rival (The Islanders).
Things are looking up.
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

Area53 wrote:Shots of NHL '07... http://blogs.ign.com/nhl_07

i like this one:

Looks good, but im sure it'll pretty much be the same as the other 12 versions. I used to love this game but its pretty repetitive year to year now.
NHL 94 was and still is the best.

First one to include one timers. Also included "the move" where you go across the top of the crease with the puck, scores every friggin time
[quote="Mitch"]People say "Man, you don't know how hard it is to quit cigarettes." Yes I do. It's as hard as it is to start flossing:[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]all vulvas are beautiful! and if they ain't, smash her back door in.[/quote]
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

hahah yeah i pulled that shit off on my younger brother 700 times in my life. 94 and 96 were both great.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

they always come up with awesome looking replays and intro type shit, and people go OOOOHH!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!. the gameplay always looks the SAME
Area53
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Area53 »

I read an article where they have implimented some sort of new puck dynamic in 07, so it behaves more like a real puck would. The guy reviewing it shot at the goalie, it went off the goalie's glove, smacked a defenseman in the head, and went in the net.
And thus begins the new EA feature: The Bullshit Goal.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

Area53 wrote:I read an article where they have implimented some sort of new puck dynamic in 07, so it behaves more like a real puck would. The guy reviewing it shot at the goalie, it went off the goalie's glove, smacked a defenseman in the head, and went in the net.
*garbage goal
FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

Wayne wrote:
Area53 wrote:I read an article where they have implimented some sort of new puck dynamic in 07, so it behaves more like a real puck would. The guy reviewing it shot at the goalie, it went off the goalie's glove, smacked a defenseman in the head, and went in the net.
*garbage goal
Canadians know the true slang.
Captain Blackout
[quote="Wayne"]fubes does nothing but kick ass and cut grass[/quote]
Go Leafs Go
FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

It's not a puck either it's a biscuit.
Captain Blackout
Go Leafs Go
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

glad to see the canucks finally got a real goalie.

Cloutier can die and burn in hell.
[quote="Mitch"]People say "Man, you don't know how hard it is to quit cigarettes." Yes I do. It's as hard as it is to start flossing:[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]all vulvas are beautiful! and if they ain't, smash her back door in.[/quote]
FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

the_clansman wrote:glad to see the canucks finally got a real goalie.

typical Canucks fan right here ladies and gents, I deal with them daily :fu:
Captain Blackout
Go Leafs Go
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

Senators just got worse by trading Havlat and Smolinski :tup:
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

FUBAR wrote:
the_clansman wrote:glad to see the canucks finally got a real goalie.

typical Canucks fan right here ladies and gents, I deal with them daily :fu:
Oh yeah

FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

Oh yea, you can post pics of Pavel Bure and Kirk Maclean, you're my god.
Captain Blackout
Go Leafs Go
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

PS - The blue jays suck.
FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

the_clansman wrote:PS - The blue jays suck.
casual Canucks fan :zzz:
Captain Blackout
Go Leafs Go
Area53
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Area53 »

I think im a casual Canucks fan. I always default to their games on center ice if the Rangers or the Lightning arent playing. Their home crowd always impresses me with how crazy they get.
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

yeah i always liked the canucks. Kinda funny how mclean and bure both ended up on the rangers.
Area53
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Area53 »

speaking of former ranger greats, i must have missed Cloutier to the Kings.... I need to keep more up to date with the rumors and trades.
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

that better not be sarcasm, son. Cloutier was the man. So was Markannen and blackburn. And now we got Lundy and monotya coming up. OOh yeah mother fucker.
Area53
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Area53 »

axlash wrote:that better not be sarcasm, son. Cloutier was the man. So was Markannen and blackburn. And now we got Lundy and monotya coming up. OOh yeah mother fucker.
no its not sarcasm, we went over this... i refer to all ex rangers as 'former ranger great so and so'
oh and its a shame about Blackburn, i liked him a lot, he had a lot of potential...
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

FUBAR wrote:
the_clansman wrote:PS - The blue jays suck.
casual Canucks fan :zzz:
At least im not a Leafs Fan. :lol:
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

someone get this faggot out of our thread.
stonethecrow444
Creampuff

Post by stonethecrow444 »

IM pissed off at the nhl
CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

The NHL is very upset about that - it told me so.
Area53
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Area53 »

CP wrote:The NHL is very upset about that - it told me so.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
stonethecrow444
Creampuff

Post by stonethecrow444 »

I loved hockey until my 2 favorite players are gone
CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

stonethecrow444 wrote:I loved hockey until my 2 favorite players are gone
Did the NHL make them "disappear?" It's evil that way.