Damage plan 2

Talk about anything Pantera related....
Viking27
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Viking27 »

'83&on wrote:Anyone trying to argue that Jim Bower is superior on drums to Vinne Paul and that Pepper Keenan or Kirk Windstein could TOGETHER be as good as Darrel is mentally challenged.

I have to admit one thing, Pepper is a cute name :lol: .

For fucks sake...Down is awesome and SJR solid within a certain state of mind...but those folks would dare to wipe Vinnie's or Darrel's arse in terms of muscianship...what those 4 blokes created is eternal and un duplicable
[quote="Phil Anselmo"]We were so possesed really and focused on what we wanted to do[/quote]
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

'83&on wrote:Anyone trying to argue that Jim Bower is superior on drums to Vinne Paul and that Pepper Keenan or Kirk Windstein could TOGETHER be as good as Darrel is mentally challenged.

You don't have to be able to shred better than anyone else to have more, feel, creativity, songwriting ability, and harmonization. Not saying anyone is better than anyone, just making a point.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

Post by farbeyondrnk718 »

dead forever wrote::lol: Stop posting, you still said Down is musically inferior to Damageplan.
i like damageplan more but i never said "down was inferior"

so suck my fuckin cock you douche
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

summers_eve wrote:

You don't have to be able to shred better than anyone else to have more, feel, creativity, songwriting ability, and harmonization. Not saying anyone is better than anyone, just making a point.
i can't believe im saying this but this guy right here hit it head on
'83&on
Cowboy From Hell

Post by '83&on »

farbeyondrnk718 wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

I agree also.
Raw talent does not = greatness. There are lots of talented musicians that never go anywhere with their career.
The rare combination of talent + cohesiveness + creativity = A band like PanterA
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

'83&on wrote:
farbeyondrnk718 wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

I agree also.
Raw talent does not = greatness. There are lots of talented musicians that never go anywhere with their career.
The rare combination of talent + cohesiveness + creativity = A band like PanterA
Or Down.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Viking27
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Viking27 »

summers_eve wrote:

Look man Down is good...but your so called "feel" by Pepper will never equal the complete sense of euphoria and complete godlikeness one would feel listening to the brutal riffs of Pantera...so go sit on a dick for your feel
[quote="Phil Anselmo"]We were so possesed really and focused on what we wanted to do[/quote]
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Viking27 wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

Look man Down is good...but your so called "feel" by Pepper will never equal the complete sense of euphoria and complete godlikeness one would feel listening to the brutal riffs of Pantera...so go sit on a dick for your feel
Not everyone equates euphoria with brutality, numbnuts. :roll:

Back to the Rebel Meets Rebel board with the other numbnuts. HURRY :x
Viking27
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Viking27 »

summers_eve wrote:
Viking27 wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

Not everyone equates euphoria with brutality, numbnuts. :roll:

Back to the Rebel Meets Rebel board with the other numbnuts. HURRY :x
The RMR board is for Phil bashers.. I am his disciple
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Viking27 wrote:The RMR board is for Phil bashers.. I am his dumbass
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Viking27 wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

I feel sorry for you.
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

Viking27 wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

not everyone likes pantera more than down...at least he mentioned a really good band that actually fits that profile
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

farbeyondrnk718 wrote:
Viking27 wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

not everyone likes pantera more than down...at least he mentioned a really good band that actually fits that profile
:tup:
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Neurotripsicks wrote:

Awww. How cute, a comparison. Dude, go play with your pink pony's. They're not as cute as this post though.
Owned.
Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

'83&on wrote:There was nothing glam about DP. After getting dissed by Phil, they made a interesting choice for vocals though.

Down is Phils piss poor attempt to rehash Patera. Sorry, but Phil has a long road ahead finding talent equal to Dime and Vinnie.

Can you name 1 (one) song from Down that comes close to touching anything by Pantera?
no, and why should it? Down wasn't meant to be anything close to Pantera anyway. Rex joined Down after Nola came out, so on the first record Phil was the only one from Pantera. With Pep's ideas, Jim's drumming and Phil's vocals, totally different from what he was doing in Pantera, you can call Down the 90s & 00s Black Sabbath, which they still are.
i love you
Mill von Frightenstein
Creampuff

Post by Mill von Frightenstein »

Eyemaster nailed it right there.
Down aren't anything like Pantera. They aren't superior or inferior. They are neither above nor below. They are simply off to the side, something totally different.
Stop building bridges to carry your bombs, they're nothing fucking alike.
Message in blood
It's your cryptic warning
Spoke In The Fuckin wheel
I will fuck you up

Post by Spoke In The Fuckin wheel »

Neurotripsicks wrote:Damage Plan sucks period. I can give all of you dipshits 3 reasons why.

1. The name is fucking stupid
2. The riffs are terrible
3. Lyrics seem like they were written by 12 year old confused troubled teens.
I agree with #3. Dimebag ripped it up for over 20yrs. give the guy a break. He kept it a little simple in Damage Plan. I think the riffs where ok.
" Tighten It Up" Dimebag.
Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Post by Edna Bodine »

Mill von Frightenstein wrote:Stop building bridges to carry your bombs
:lol:
Robert Hollis wrote:Me fucking around with women cost me my college education and also one of the women I was involved for awhile ended up killing herself because she was so depressed
EvilisthenewGood wrote:I know how time zones work.
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

Meanie Pants wrote:Ha. Damage Plan is the glam metal Pantera to Down's '90's Pantera.
i'm still trying to figure out what the fuck you just said here.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
BOOTS001
Creampuff Sr.

Post by BOOTS001 »

Maybe David Lee Roth's band could open for them...call it "Cowboy's From Hill Tour 06".... :lol: :lol: :lol:
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Bodom J wrote:
Meanie Pants wrote:Ha. Damage Plan is the glam metal Pantera to Down's '90's Pantera.
I don't think the person that wrote it knows. :no:
BOOTS001
Creampuff Sr.

Post by BOOTS001 »

summers_eve wrote:
Bodom J wrote:
you think??!!...Zup summers...
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

BOOTS001 wrote:Maybe David Lee Roth's band could open for them...call it "Cowboy's From Hill Tour 06".... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not funny.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

BOOTS001 wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
Bodom J wrote:
you think??!!...Zup summers...
:aargh:
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

Viking27 wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

Pepper is as good as anyone stfu
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Dime is a much better lead guitarist than Pepper, hence why Pepper doesnt play most of the lead in COC. Dont make me own you.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
BOOTS001
Creampuff Sr.

Post by BOOTS001 »

dead forever wrote:Dime is a much better lead guitarist than Pepper, hence why Pepper doesnt play most of the lead in COC. Dont make me own you.
:no:
WeStandAlone-Hostile
Creampuff

Post by WeStandAlone-Hostile »

I Gotta admit first time i listened To "New Found Power", I Was Disapointed.

I'd been waiting for Vinnie and Dime to appear back on the scene so They could wipe the floor with SJR And Down ( Don't get me Wrong, Both bands are fuckin Awesome, but Phil did crack the Pantera Shell and i'm still pissed off to this day), but when i heard "Breathing New Life", i was appaled to hear a wannabe of Phil on Vocals and Un-Imaginative Riffs.

I'd lost my Respect for Dime and Vinnie, but i watched a couple of DP Bootlegs and saw they werent that bad at all. Then Dime Died and still i thought that damageplan could become awesome if Dime didnt die, But with dimes Death and the Awesome Rebel meets Rebel Album, they nailed the last nail in the coffin for DP And a Pantera Renunion.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

dead forever wrote:Dime is a much better lead guitarist than Pepper, hence why Pepper doesnt play most of the lead in COC. Dont make me own you.
:lol: fag

Pepper not doing all the leads in COC may have something to do with him also singing. Furthermore, who gives a fuck.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

summers_eve wrote:

Pepper not doing all the leads in COC may have something to do with him also singing. Furthermore, who gives a fuck.
Well, Kirk done most of the leads on NOLA too. Go figure.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
BOOTS001
Creampuff Sr.

Post by BOOTS001 »

dead forever wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

Bring on DOWN III!!!!!!!!!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup:
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

dead forever wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

Why doesn't Kirk do them live then?
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

I dunno. Its true though . Surely you know this as you post on the Down board? Also if you watch the show from 1996 (widely available one) in texas you will see Kirk does most of them.
Mikie
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mikie »

dead forever wrote:I dunno. Its true though . Surely you know this as you post on the Down board? Also if you watch the show from 1996 (widely available one) in texas you will see Kirk does most of them.
Post it
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Get it yourself. Everyone and their mother has that show .
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

damageplan 2 will suck twice as much as the first one.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

dead forever wrote:I dunno. Its true though . Surely you know this as you post on the Down board? Also if you watch the show from 1996 (widely available one) in texas you will see Kirk does most of them.
Actually I haven't seen that show yet. I've been trying to get ahold of it for awhile now with no luck.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Slash's FTP :tup: Not that it will be there much longer thanks to that dumb fuck.