Damage plan 2

Talk about anything Pantera related....
Spoke In The Fuckin wheel
I will fuck you up

Damage plan 2

Post by Spoke In The Fuckin wheel »

I remember reading Vinnie's first interview in Guitar World i believe, after Dimebag's death and he said they had enough recorded material to put another album out. Any thing Dimebag related Vinnie will put out there. What do you all think?
" Tighten It Up" Dimebag.
Browns Town
CONSPIRACY

Post by Browns Town »

Hopefully you read wrong.
I am a hostile heterosexual male who is very pissed off.
Spoke In The Fuckin wheel
I will fuck you up

Post by Spoke In The Fuckin wheel »

Yeah it's kind of hazy.
" Tighten It Up" Dimebag.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

I just hope its not a let down like New Found Power. As much as i fucking loved Dime's guitar playing i just coudn't get into it.
Suck me
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Browns Town wrote:Hopefully you read wrong.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

i heard they had stuff written. they were ready to lay it down in the studio after the tour
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Re: Damage plan 2

Post by Aeon »

Neurotripsicks wrote:
Spoke In The Fuckin wheel wrote:I remember reading Vinnie's first interview in Guitar World i believe, after Dimebag's death and he said they had enough recorded material to put another album out. Any thing Dimebag related Vinnie will put out there. What do you all think?

I think Damage Plan sucked period. Why would I want another poorly crafted album with terrible vocals? Plus, Damage Plan was Darrell's downfall, it was a shitty concept, terrible leads and pathetic lyrics. Damage Plan flat out sucks.
Captain Obvious reporrrrrrting for duuuuuuty.
Phantom Green
Knock Knock

Post by Phantom Green »

:lol:
"Shoot him again, his soul's still dancing."

[quote="Wez"]Making love is for faggots![/quote]
St. Anger Trash Cans
Vulgar Bastard

Post by St. Anger Trash Cans »

If Phil won't sing on it then it should be a Vinnie and Dime instrumental solo record.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

St. Anger Trash Cans wrote:If Phil won't sing on it then it should be a Vinnie and Dime instrumental solo record.
Like Phil would sing on it.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

I guess what it all amounts to is the equivalent to Demo recordings by the then-band....

I'm positive it will all surface *eventually* but ...

knowing Vinnie it could be awhile.

It'd be cool to throw it in as a bonus disc on DamagePlan 2, but hey.

:jew:
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
Web Of Hair
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Web Of Hair »

he didn't know what he'd do with it. maybe a Damage Plan CD or a comp of Dimes fav PPL singing on the tracks........
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

Post by farbeyondrnk718 »

no matter what anybody says about dp, they were light years ahead of phils crap
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

farbeyondrnk718 wrote:no matter what anybody says about dp, they were light years ahead of phils crap
Damageplan better than Down or Superjoint? :lol:
'83&on
Cowboy From Hell

Post by '83&on »

musically, yes.
Meanie Pants
Creampuff

Post by Meanie Pants »

Ha. Damage Plan is the glam metal Pantera to Down's '90's Pantera.
Zivi
BOOM headshot!

Post by Zivi »

:lll: :lll: :lll: :lll:
Panterachat get your metal pestilence. Arbuckle hospital. Iron from 1920s. Aheels. Seals hockey. Evan lysacek personal life. Bbb certified at home ...
'83&on
Cowboy From Hell

Post by '83&on »

There was nothing glam about DP. After getting dissed by Phil, they made a interesting choice for vocals though.

Down is Phils piss poor attempt to rehash Patera. Sorry, but Phil has a long road ahead finding talent equal to Dime and Vinnie.

Can you name 1 (one) song from Down that comes close to touching anything by Pantera?
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

hopefully not, reason why. Damageplan are shit
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

'83&on wrote:There was nothing glam about DP. After getting dissed by Phil, they made a interesting choice for vocals though.

Down is Phils piss poor attempt to rehash Patera. Sorry, but Phil has a long road ahead finding talent equal to Dime and Vinnie.

Can you name 1 (one) song from Down that comes close to touching anything by Pantera?
Down is nothing like Pantera you dumb fuck. If your going to make a comparison at least make it a valid one, i could understand you saying theres a similair sound to say, COC, but they are a completely different band to pantera. You know nothing.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

dead forever wrote: Down is nothing like Pantera you dumb fuck. If your going to make a comparison at least make it a valid one, i could understand you saying theres a similair sound to say, COC, but they are a completely different band to pantera. You know nothing.
:tup:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

dead forever wrote:
'83&on wrote:There was nothing glam about DP. After getting dissed by Phil, they made a interesting choice for vocals though.

Down is nothing like Pantera you dumb fuck. If your going to make a comparison at least make it a valid one, i could understand you saying theres a similair sound to say, COC, but they are a completely different band to pantera. You know nothing.
ill have to agree.. i like pantera more but its like comparing apples and oranges
Viking27
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Viking27 »

Wayne wrote:i heard they had stuff written. they were ready to lay it down in the studio after the tour

Sopposedly it was heavier than New Found Power and it was more Panteraesque cause thats what their fans wanted.

My guess and my dream is that when they are 50 and broke Vinnie will ask Phil to sing on the tracks and Pantera will reunite with some guitar fill in and they will have a reunion tour that will give them enough money to retire comfortably.
[quote="Phil Anselmo"]We were so possesed really and focused on what we wanted to do[/quote]
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Viking27 wrote:
Wayne wrote:i heard they had stuff written. they were ready to lay it down in the studio after the tour

Sopposedly it was heavier than New Found Power and it was more Panteraesque cause thats what their fans wanted.

My guess and my dream is that when they are 50 and broke Vinnie will ask Phil to sing on the tracks and Pantera will reunite with some guitar fill in and they will have a reunion tour that will give them enough money to retire comfortably.
Nope.
'83&on
Cowboy From Hell

Post by '83&on »

Viking27 wrote:

I don't see Vinnie going broke in the near future. He actually used a lot of his money for investments, such as an all-nude bar (Clubhouse) here in Dallas. Phil, on the other hand, can go buy some more heroin and drain himself of any remaining talent and money.

I think we are stuck watching re-runs what used to be.. PanterA - The reason we are all here on this forum.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

'83&on wrote: Phil, on the other hand, can go buy some more heroin and drain himself of any remaining talent and money.
And Phil is the one touring Europe, about to put out a DVD, a new album that will go atleast gold, and launch a U.S. tour, then go back to Europe and who knows where else. Vinnie is drinking and rooting around through shitty demos, living in the past and feeling sorry for himself.

HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Viking27 wrote:[My guess and my dream is that when they are 50 and broke Vinnie will ask Phil to sing on the tracks and Pantera will reunite with some guitar fill in and they will have a reunion tour that will give them enough money to retire comfortably.
Probably.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

HoustonKJ wrote:
Viking27 wrote:[My guess and my dream is that when they are 50 and broke Vinnie will ask Phil to sing on the tracks and Pantera will reunite with some guitar fill in and they will have a reunion tour that will give them enough money to retire comfortably.
Probably.
I wish the best to both Vinnie and Phil. But that shit isn't happening. It would be a joke anyway.
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

from what i have read phil is off the dope since his back surgery and i dont think he needs that stuff anymore

on the matter of touring personally i dont know if i'd be comfortable with that odea
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

from what i have read phil is off the dope since his back surgeryand doesnt need that stuff anymore.

on the matter of the band touring, personally i dont know if i'd be comfortable with that idea. :|
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

damageplan was fucking garbage. i saw one of their videos and it was way too fucking similar to a pantera video. fuck that shit, that band sucked. superjoint ritual owned them.
if you dont approve of what i say, phil didnt like disturbed and nickelback.
YOU FUCKING LOSE :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
respond and ill be asleep faggots.
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

summers_eve wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:
Probably.
I wish the best to both Vinnie and Phil. But that shit isn't happening. It would be a joke anyway.
I don't know man. I still think Phil's about the bottom $$$ when it all comes down to it. If not, he wouldn't have that legendary refrain of,

"We just played to 35,092 people over in Britan and let me tell you, this <insert WHATEVER city currently standing in front of>> crowd blows ALL those mother FUCKERS out of the WATER!!" :shock: :roll:

I mean, get outta here Phil. I love the dude for being such a showman and getting the crowd riled up, but sometimes he crosses the line into theatrics and plays people for the sheep they are. Not that I can blame him, but, shit like that is enough to make me stop and say,

"Yeah, you need Vincent in your life. But for what? Let's read between the lines here. Not for your own emotional stability, as he was the one member furthest estranged from Phil the whole time they were in the band together....

..but for that retirement check when they give it one last go-round with Rex Brown.

that's just what I see when i drag the waters with my imagination..
CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

Bukkake Tsunami wrote:damageplan was fucking garbage. i saw one of their videos and it was way too fucking similar to a pantera video. fuck that shit, that band sucked. superjoint ritual owned them.
I think I disagree. I thought you were PhilCore until I quoted you.
TRUST NO ONE.

Except me, you can trust me.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

'83&on wrote:
Lager wrote:
farbeyondrnk718 wrote:no matter what anybody says about dp, they were light years ahead of phils crap
Damageplan better than Down or Superjoint? :lol:
musically, yes
:lll: :lll:
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

should have clarified that, you can definetely argue damageplan vs. down, and while i still like ...american hatred damageplan just destroyed sjr there's just no fuckin contest :lol:
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

Bukkake Tsunami wrote:damageplan was fucking garbage. i saw one of their videos and it was way too fucking similar to a pantera video. fuck that shit, that band sucked. superjoint ritual owned them.
lmao when i read your username i almost pissed myself....bukkake tsunami....lol brilliant :tup: :tup:
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

:lol: Stop posting, you still said Down is musically inferior to Damageplan.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

dead forever wrote::lol: Stop posting, you still said Down is musically inferior to Damageplan.
People are allowed to have opinions!
TRUST NO ONE.

Except me, you can trust me.
Viking27
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Viking27 »

HoustonKJ wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:
Probably.
I don't know man. I still think Phil's about the bottom $$$ when it all comes down to it. If not, he wouldn't have that legendary refrain of,

"We just played to 35,092 people over in Britan and let me tell you, this <insert WHATEVER city currently standing in front of>> crowd blows ALL those mother FUCKERS out of the WATER!!" :shock: :roll:

I mean, get outta here Phil. I love the dude for being such a showman and getting the crowd riled up, but sometimes he crosses the line into theatrics and plays people for the sheep they are. Not that I can blame him, but, shit like that is enough to make me stop and say,

"Yeah, you need Vincent in your life. But for what? Let's read between the lines here. Not for your own emotional stability, as he was the one member furthest estranged from Phil the whole time they were in the band together....

..but for that retirement check when they give it one last go-round with Rex Brown.

that's just what I see when i drag the waters with my imagination..
You have to learn to separate Phil the person from the cult of personality you listen to everyday. Hands down he is the best musician of all time and will always have my attention. But people are people and change.

Enjoy the memories...perpetuate the present and hope for the future...

Pantera is untouchable leagues beyond Metallica...
[quote="Phil Anselmo"]We were so possesed really and focused on what we wanted to do[/quote]
'83&on
Cowboy From Hell

Post by '83&on »

Anyone trying to argue that Jim Bower is superior on drums to Vinne Paul and that Pepper Keenan or Kirk Windstein could TOGETHER be as good as Darrel is mentally challenged.

I have to admit one thing, Pepper is a cute name :lol: .