Pick ups question.

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Pick ups question.

Post by PABassPlayer »

I just received my new USA Fender Jazz "Vintage" pick ups and I'm putting them in my Jap Geddy Lee Fender Jazz tonight.
The new ones did not come with any foam backing that sits in the pocket to keep tension on the pick ups. Is there one material that is better than the next. Should I use the existing stuff that was under the jap pups, is it the same stuff. And, other than keeping height tension on the pups, do they serve any other purpose. I work on my own gear all the time and have always been succesfull, but I thought this may be a "preference" type thing with varied results. Opinions?
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
jimmysux
Vulgar Bastard

Post by jimmysux »

perhaps maybe for a little noise suppression or something, I mean really, I never heard of that, so I really dont know. I used to put a piece of foam in the bridge og a guitar for suppression but it didn't do a fucking thing really. Just looked stupid.
PRJECEDNIK
I will fuck you up

Post by PRJECEDNIK »

wax :tup:
abyssspecter
n0ob

Post by abyssspecter »

Jews :tup:
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

abyssspecter wrote:Jews :tup:
thats good advice!
Thanks
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Geddy Lee :lol:
Get killed.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Jefferino wrote:Geddy Lee :lol:
whats funny about that, are you not aware that Fender makes a Geddy Lee signature series jazz bass. Do you laugh if some buys a Jackson Rhodes, King V or a Washburn or Dean Dime?
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

I bought the Dimebucker and put it in my jackson Dxmg. Its fucking great if you mess with the height of it to get that chunky heavy sound, but also with those very gainy high strings
Suck me
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:I bought the Dimebucker and put it in my jackson Dxmg. Its fucking great if you mess with the height of it to get that chunky heavy sound, but also with those very gainy high strings
What?
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Aeon wrote:
7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:I bought the Dimebucker and put it in my jackson Dxmg. Its fucking great if you mess with the height of it to get that chunky heavy sound, but also with those very gainy high strings
What?
you know, if you were in standard tuning the GBE strings. Dime had that kind of tinny sound when he would play lead, kind of like a wha wha pedal that was engaged. I just adjusted the height of the pick up to achieve that sound. Not to copy his tone, just that i love to play leads with that tone :tup:
Suck me
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:
Aeon wrote:
What?
you know, if you were in standard tuning the GBE strings. Dime had that kind of tinny sound when he would play lead, kind of like a wha wha pedal that was engaged. I just adjusted the height of the pick up to achieve that sound. Not to copy his tone, just that i love to play leads with that tone :tup:
Quit talking and post some clips already. I want to hear "that" tone.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

SuicideNote wrote:
Aeon wrote:
What?
Quit talking and post some clips already. I want to hear "that" tone.
Sorry man, i wish i could. I post from a computer at work, and i don't have a computer at home. not trying to kiss your ass or anything but i know you are a killer guitarist from some of the clips you have posted. I am not a fucking bad ass but i do have some skill and i do have a decent tone. Why don't you tell me how you transfer your recorded sound clips to your computer and mabye i can let you hear something. Mabye something from my whole band :tup:
Suck me
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Put an audio CD in the computer and rip it with cdex (google it), upload to www.yousendit.com and post the link here.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote: those very gainy high strings
yeah, i definally agree, yeah....johnny babbit doesnt like gainy high strings either.....yeahh
Get killed.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Jefferino wrote:
yeah, i definally agree, yeah....johnny babbit doesnt like gainy high strings either.....yeahh
:no:
Suck me
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Jefferino wrote:
:no:
Post your mp3s!