Floyd Rose Users! Set Up Tutorial (Text and Video!)

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Floyd Rose Users! Set Up Tutorial (Text and Video!)

Post by Sheldon »

Text Version
Video Version

If even after reading and watching these links, you still can't set it up, take it to a tech or buy a fuckin' Les Paul. Honestly though, they're not as hard to set up as half of you think they are :tup:
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
Tex
The Worst Member

Re: Floyd Rose Users! Set Up Tutorial (Text and Video!)

Post by Tex »

Sheldon wrote:Text Version
Video Version

If even after reading and watching these links, you still can't set it up, take it to a tech or buy a fuckin' Les Paul. Honestly though, they're not as hard to set up as half of you think they are :tup:
Fan fucking tastic. Changing the strings has given me many-a-hemerrhoid throughout the years.

Thanks Outlaw.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

i remember somebody posting something similar to this like a year ago, but all the pics were with that dragon guitar lol. thx outlaw, that toothbrush idea is sweet.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

lol,a lp :lol:
DevilAnse
Creampuff Sr.

Post by DevilAnse »

I hate that shit. I'd rather pay a guy 10 bucks to do it.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

i use soda bottle caps instead of batteries, whatever works i guess
AlabamaRedneck
Lynch Mob

Post by AlabamaRedneck »

This will come in handy, :tup:
CobraGT508 88 (4:32:07 AM): on a scale of 1-10, how tall is a goat with credit card eyes?
rebelextravagant (4:32:15 AM): 27%
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

Tex wrote:Fan fucking tastic. Changing the strings has given me many-a-hemerrhoid throughout the years.

Thanks Outlaw.
I really can't understand how it's such a difficult task to do for some people. I mean I just got my first Floyd Rose a few months back and I already taken it apart, installed a new one and set it up without any trouble. *confused*
Anyways, you're all welcome. I figured it'd help a lot of you out :)
DevilAnse wrote:I hate that shit. I'd rather pay a guy 10 bucks to do it.
I'm glad your loaded money wise (or stupid enough) to pay a tech everytime you change your strings and need a set up :tup: :)
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
DevilAnse
Creampuff Sr.

Post by DevilAnse »

DevilAnse wrote:I hate that shit. I'd rather pay a guy 10 bucks to do it.
I'm glad your loaded money wise (or stupid enough) to pay a tech everytime you change your strings and need a set up :tup: :)[/quote]

I think I can swing 10 bucks to the other guitarist in my band...who happens to be a tech any time my intonation goes out. Which isn't often. I know how to change strings. Thats not the hassle...its setting the intonation that I can't stand doing.

Stupid? Naw...just lazy. I leave the stupidity for Jackson players. :|):
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Hey Sheldon, whats your opinion on Schaller's version of the Floyd Rose? Good substitute for the original?
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

the only liscensed floyd rose i liked was the first ibanez one called the edge pro. had a piezo and kick large quantities of ass. the one that comes on the jackson dkg sucks
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

CFH Eternal wrote:Hey Sheldon, whats your opinion on Schaller's version of the Floyd Rose? Good substitute for the original?
It's quite good. The best licensed Floyd Rose out there. If you can swing an OFR, then do it though. If not, the Schaller is a good substitute :tup:

Jackson/Charvel Whore
RandomRussianDude
Vodkaholic

Post by RandomRussianDude »

nice. i always wondered what those screws behind the back plate were. :tup:
Bodom J wrote:I've shit my pants twice :tup:
Tyson wrote:i just shat myself twice... i typed this sitting in liqued shit
'Sblood
Vulgar Bastard

Post by 'Sblood »

bump
Hello, thanks for reading my signature. Here you will find useful, sometimes insightful, information regarding popular culture and other current topics of interest. One of the most bombastic certainties in a long god damn time.. YOU know what the fuck
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

:zzz: Restringing a floyd is far from rocket science, I cant fucking believe people still pay techs to do that shit.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
abyssspecter
n0ob

Post by abyssspecter »

thanks for the stuff about upkeep. i never got around to doing it, so this should help me.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Sheldon was a quality poster here. :tup: