PRS

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

PRS

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

I have been wondering how the PRS Guitars play. Theres not a fukcing shop that carries them where I live so does anybody here know what they are like. As far as action, tunability, shit like that?
Suck me
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Get a fender squier. It fucking screams when you tune it to DGCFAD.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Muffin wrote:Get a fender squier. It fucking screams when you tune it to DGCFAD.
:fu: :fu: :tdown:
Suck me
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Anyone who hasn't bought one will tell you that they're overpriced.
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

i've played one, they have the quality of a pre-90s gibson.
Fuck Ole Miss
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

As far as the higher-end PRS's... They are great guitars untill you look at the price tag.

From what i've heard the prs style electronics have nice tones. When you use the inner coils of the pickups it gives you an acoustic tone.

Never checked out the less expensive ones, so i'm not really sure. But i'm guessing they are not the best you can buy with your money.
Treggator
Creampuff

Post by Treggator »

I've only played one PRS, and I didn't really dig it. The body was really small, and made it hard to play when sitting down. Also, the frets were really tiny which just made it more difficult to play.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Well built, nice wood, and action....pickups suck, a PRS tricked out with some EMG'S or DiMarzios would probably rule.
Get killed.
AFPD
Cowboy From Hell

Post by AFPD »

I own one. I was thinking of yanking out the pick-ups like whoever ^^^ said. But I'm not sure. They play great. But they are exspensive for what you get. I got a deal so, no regrets.. I'd post pics but I'm lazy so you'll have to take my word for it.
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

croninburg wrote:Anyone who hasn't bought one will tell you that they're overpriced.
:lol:
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Post by BaptizedBurning »

i've played on my friend's $2400 prs. it's really nice, but not as nice as i expected for that kind of price. i don't know, maybe i didn't play it long enough to really get used to it. i always have trouble playing other guitars the same way i play my own.
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."
ivanlongknob
Creampuff

Post by ivanlongknob »

any guitar that has good karma will play awesome, but if a prs has good karma i think it just keeps bringing good karma and extrudes all your dogma.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

ivanlongknob wrote:any guitar that has good karma will play awesome, but if a prs has good karma i think it just keeps bringing good karma and extrudes all your dogma.
My karma ran over your dogma.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

TK wrote:
ivanlongknob wrote:any guitar that has good karma will play awesome, but if a prs has good karma i think it just keeps bringing good karma and extrudes all your dogma.
Jesus :lol:
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

/\ Good one
Suck me
DimmuBorgir
Creampuff

Post by DimmuBorgir »

PRS are overpriced. :tdown: :tdown:
jimmysux
Vulgar Bastard

Post by jimmysux »

I have an 03 emerald green 10 top Custom 24. I wish it didn't have the rotary knob for the pickups, the trem is nice. The locking tuners are pretty useful. Doesnt got out of tune that much at all, pretty stable, if you wail on the trem though the tuning is shot just like every other trem guitar.
It looks amazing, great finish, great flame maple.
The tones, well, I am a firm believer that tone comes from your hands. But even through my solid state cheap ass b-52 half stack it sounds pretty good. Very good action. Very warm sounds. Really playable. I spent 1700$ for mine. But the honest truth is that I am afraid to play it and ding it or scratchit and lose value, so it is a catch 22 by all means.
[quote="Wayne"][quote="Maelstrom"]crazy bass fingers and anty got banned :tup:[/quote]
and what about jimmysux and 7faggot7metal[/quote]
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

just buy a Carvin!
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

I want this baby one day.

"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Carvin :tup:
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I want a Black Machine :aargh:
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

prs is too expensive. but if i were willing to spend alot of money on a guitar it would probably be a bernie rico jr
jimmysux
Vulgar Bastard

Post by jimmysux »

Wayne wrote:prs is too expensive. but if i were willing to spend alot of money on a guitar it would probably be a bernie rico jr
Getting a PRS off of e-bay isnt too expensive. 1700$ for mine and it looks and plays like brand new.
[quote="Wayne"][quote="Maelstrom"]crazy bass fingers and anty got banned :tup:[/quote]
and what about jimmysux and 7faggot7metal[/quote]
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

TK wrote:
Old bumper sticker. :tdown:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]