Pantera VH1 Behind the Music response

Talk about anything Pantera related....

Post by Guest »

PD wrote:What I'm seeing on this board are people who flat out do not believe a word Vince, Rita and the other members of the Pantera crew are saying about Phil. They will defend Phil no matter what. It's been so clear after RTS came out that Phil was more interested in his side projects than actually getting back together with the band. Notice how Phil never made a mention about putting out another album. He just said he never received any phone calls. Whether that be true or not, look at where we stand today. No studio album since RTS. You can't say that the Abbott's didn't want to put out another one. Phil just kept on rambling about his god-like complex on stage and off. Too many people kiss his ass.
PD speaks the truth.
heavymetalsoldier666 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if shit hits the fan when Down starts playing Britain and Europe where the fans angry from seeing the vh1 special and reading the articles started throwing bottles, cans, bags of piss and shit at phil because there so many loyal people on this planet to the Abbott Brothers .
:lol:
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

They did well on that one, alot of unseen footage (for me) but 20 min after it started, it just went downhill :(
lolz
obladioblada
I will fuck you up

Post by obladioblada »

So, where can we see this?
Break in the sun till the sun breaks down,
And death shall have no dominion.
are you talking to me!!!!
Creampuff

Post by are you talking to me!!!! »

I didi not realize what happened. Poor guys
are you talking to me!!!!
Creampuff

Post by are you talking to me!!!! »

[quote="are you talking to me!!!!"]I didi not realize what happened. Poor guys[/quote] beetle is as bad as can and he knows he's the best
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

Jesus H. Christ you suck
[quote="George Bush"]"I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli".[/quote]

Post by m0n0xiDe »

there was alot of cool, rare concert footage and pics, but they only told one side as to why pantera broke up..and then starts the Phil-bashing...fuckin bullshit
[url=http://livepantera.phpnet.us/]WWW.LIVEPANTERA.COM[/url]
WARZONE ELECTRIC
Trendkiller

Post by WARZONE ELECTRIC »

I haven't seen it yet but I recall the interview right before the shooting where Vinnie was saying how he wished Phil all the luck in the world "and I really mean that".
It wasn't Phils fault Dime got shot-Nathan Gale already tried the same thing at a Slayer show and 6 months prior at another Damageplan show. It seems like Vinnie is taking all that grief over Dime and taking it out on Phil,whose an easy target cause of what he said in that interview right before Dime died.
I'm glad though we can have this conversation without a biased mod locking the thread because someone said how they felt and it wasn't what they wated to hear..
WARZONE ELECTRIC
Trendkiller

m0n0xiDe wrote:there was alot of cool, rare concert footage and pics, but they only told one side as to why pantera broke up..and then starts the Phil-bashing...fuckin bullshit
I haven't seen it but what they should do is follow the life of Nathan Gale and tell of how he tried the same attempt twice before in the same year-and how his mother still allowed him to have a gun-that's the right thing to do :tup:
Chazenabi
Creampuff

Post by Chazenabi »

I thought that it was great. Phil looks and sound so far gone. I loved Pantera, but I have to admit that it was the best thing in ending the band. I learned alot fro the show last night that I didnt realize. It still pains me to see the images of that tragic night in Ohio. Dime is one of my influences as a guitar player and will be til the day I die. I just wish that I had the oppertunity to sit down and ask him questions on a more relaxed setting. Anyway

DIME!!! REST IN PEACE!!!
Shedding Skin26
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Shedding Skin26 »

The whole special went all down hill in 30 minutes once they got into phil's heroin problems. And when they showed the footage from the alrosa, I just started crying man. R.I.P Dime
This is the last night of the fucking tour and I'll tell you what I'm more wasted then fucking asses ever could be yeah. -Phil Anselmo Ozzfest 2000.
Jeweller
n0ob

Post by Jeweller »

Bottom line is Phil didn't really help his own case for Vinnie ever forgiving him. But, in Phil's defence, he did apologize and accept some responsibility for the disintegration of Pantera. The one thing I thought was the most interesting was when Phil said that he needs Vinnie in his life.

IMHO, Pantera was the greatest band I have ever heard and seen live. Regardless of who's at fault, Pantera's music is timeless.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

m0n0xiDe wrote:there was alot of cool, rare concert footage and pics, but they only told one side as to why pantera broke up..and then starts the Phil-bashing...fuckin bullshit
Get the pic out of your sig now.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
ImBroken
Creampuff

Post by ImBroken »

Behind the Music was terrible...This did not accurately describe Pantera at all

The media wanted to portray Pantera as a band that was full of a bunch of alcoholics and a disgruntled lead singer.

I've seen Pantera 4 times live and have never saw Phil get violent or scream at the crowd, I thought Pantera was the best band I have ever seen. Unfotrunately VH1 wanted to portray him as a violent heroin addict

Pantera is a great band, im not gonna be fooled by this media bullshit trying to point fingers at different members of the band

Im not a Phil supporter, or a Vinnie Basher, I like the band and they will forever rock in my stereo.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Pics out of sig, dickhead.
MalmorphX
Creampuff

Post by MalmorphX »

As far as the Abbot vs Phil...thing I stay out of that because I am a huge fan and Pantera was all 4 guys...and as far as a reunion/ tribute concert I like Zakk amazing guitarist...and it would be cool if they had him on guitar...but jerry cantrell, Mark Morton, jimmy bower, Kirk Winstein, Pepper Keenan, and Hank 3 would be cool as well...but as far as a guitarist who I feel would fit the mix I think Sammy Duet would be the best choice...
DeadSiLence
Creampuff

Post by DeadSiLence »

Im not going to say who is right or wrong in this situation.. Who should have the finger pointed at them.. I wasn't there and the only imput I have had on it all is what I have seen in the media and thats not good enough for me. Im sure both sides have their reasons.

The best way for me to express my opinion is to leave you with this... One of my best friends, at one point, was makeing allot of wrong decisions and becomeing a person I disliked... He came to me at one point and told me how much of a friend I was to him and that he loved me like a brother and I didnt respond, I pretty much walked away from him.. and never talked to him again. He died a couple months later. I wish I could take it all back and have one chance to tell him my true feelings, because underneath the little bit of bullshit was my bestfriend and nothing could have changed that. I missed the chance to tell him that he was always loved and still is loved to that day.. Something that I will regret the rest of my life.

I'm not saying this for anyone's pity, I say it because life is too too short to let the bullshit make decisions for you.. You do that and you pass up what you really have.. Vinnie and phil should talk face to face, bury all the bullshit once and for all, and celebrate the fact they made some of the most powerful music known to man together.. and they changed the face of music and many people's lives.

The tragedy has passed, fuck the bullshit, its time to look back with a smile and make sure everyone knows that Darrell Abbot, Vince Abbot, Rex Brown, and Phil Anselmo weren't just a band. They were a force that shook the whole world and will continue to shake it for generations to come.
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

Aeon wrote:
Pics out of sig, dickhead.
*Goddamn sillyass pics :lol:
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

The best part of the entire show for me was Phil telling the crowd, "I got a big mouth and a big dick, take your pick", then their manager shaking his head and saying, "call the lawyer"
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

HoustonKJ wrote:The best part of the entire show for me was Phil telling the crowd, "I got a big mouth and a big dick, take your pick", then their manager shaking his head and saying, "call the lawyer"
he sighs "we're fucked..." right after that. :lol:
MyKill
Creampuff

Post by MyKill »

Phil is most definately still on smack,that is one thing that shone through.damn shame. :tdown:
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

MyKill wrote:Phil is most definately still on smack,that is one thing that shone through.damn shame. :tdown:
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

MyKill wrote:Phil is most definately still on smack,that is one thing that shone through.damn shame. :tdown:
Yeah right. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

if you look closely in the first interview you can see the hidden needle sticking out from under his cap
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

PhilCore wrote:if you look closely in the first interview you can see the hidden needle sticking out from under his cap
edgecrusheraza
Creampuff

Post by edgecrusheraza »

I always hear people saying that guy tried to go to other shows before he killed Darrell to start shit. Is there really any proof of that...or is it just rumor?
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

edgecrusheraza wrote:I always hear people saying that guy tried to go to other shows before he killed Darrell to start shit. Is there really any proof of that...or is it just rumor?
one thing's for certain, it sure does matter.
edgecrusheraza
Creampuff

Post by edgecrusheraza »

PhilCore wrote:
edgecrusheraza wrote:I always hear people saying that guy tried to go to other shows before he killed Darrell to start shit. Is there really any proof of that...or is it just rumor?
oh jeez.
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

edgecrusheraza wrote:
PhilCore wrote:
oh jeez.
sorry man. if you're trying to go down the road of thinking that this was avoidable, it wasn't. let's say security had apprehended this kid at a show acting kooky, threatening to kill Dimebag, whatever. he's one fucking wacked out fan out of thousands, they're not gonna put a dragnet and keep a file on him. do you really think the band's gonna have local law enforcement perform a sweep anytime they play in the area to make sure that one crazy kid who was acting belligerent at a metal show one time doesn't cause a ruckus?
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

PhilCore wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:The best part of the entire show for me was Phil telling the crowd, "I got a big mouth and a big dick, take your pick", then their manager shaking his head and saying, "call the lawyer"
he sighs "we're fucked..." right after that. :lol:
:lol: "...There's gonna be a riot"

:lol: :lol:
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

When did this Rita whore become relavent to anything? I never even heard of her before this and now her name is being thrown around like she's Courtney Love or some shit.
Suns out, guns out!
slickrick
Creampuff

Post by slickrick »

I just got the Dimevison DVD and now seeing the show last night it s too much. Depressing Shit, no band, members hate each other...

And I never remember Phil acting like a Jackass to the fans. He did pump the shit up big time. It made me wanna run through a brick wall..

It sucks that all I think about now is that it is over and will never see them again....
Inkman3
Creampuff

Post by Inkman3 »

First off, this was absolutely the best behind the music ever. But Phil was acting like such a jack ass. Saying he had the mother of all back surgeries. SO WHAT!!! People have back surgeries all the time. Phil has some personal issues he needs to address. One being his drug habit and second, pick a fucking band and stick with it. Personally, I'ld love to see Down put out a record. Don't get me wrong, Phil is a helluva musician and song writer, but he needs to quit talking about himself like he's God almighty. just my opinion
WARZONE ELECTRIC
Trendkiller

He tried it once at a Slayer show and another time at a Damageplan show 6 months prior. I think it's in the archives of blabbermouth. Anyways I believe it does matter because Vinnie blames Phils interview as inspiration for the murder-my argument was that Nathan Gale had it planned way before that so yeah,I think timing does matter in the case of Phils guilt/Vinnies blame..

http://youtube.com/results?search=pante ... rch=Search

for anyone that hasn't seen it
PD
I'm just a...

Post by PD »

Inkman3 wrote:First off, this was absolutely the best behind the music ever. But Phil was acting like such a jack ass. Saying he had the mother of all back surgeries. SO WHAT!!! People have back surgeries all the time. Phil has some personal issues he needs to address. One being his drug habit and second, pick a fucking band and stick with it. Personally, I'ld love to see Down put out a record. Don't get me wrong, Phil is a helluva musician and song writer, but he needs to quit talking about himself like he's God almighty. just my opinion
What's funny is that in the interview, Phil was acting just like Vinnie, Dime and the rest of the crew described. So who's kidding who here?? Phil's been a great singer, but his make-believe tough guy walk on water image has gotten the best of him. Such a shame.

In any event, it was great to see Terry Glaze still looking good out there. Tell ya what, you can forget about that other cancer and put the Glaze back in the mix and it's back to 1984 baby.

I Am the Night is a solid album. :tup:
[b]PanterA Disciple[/b]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

PD wrote:
Inkman3 wrote:First off, this was absolutely the best behind the music ever. But Phil was acting like such a jack ass. Saying he had the mother of all back surgeries. SO WHAT!!! People have back surgeries all the time. Phil has some personal issues he needs to address. One being his drug habit and second, pick a fucking band and stick with it. Personally, I'ld love to see Down put out a record. Don't get me wrong, Phil is a helluva musician and song writer, but he needs to quit talking about himself like he's God almighty. just my opinion
What's funny is that in the interview, Phil was acting just like Vinnie, Dime and the rest of the crew described. So who's kidding who here?? Phil's been a great singer, but his make-believe tough guy walk on water image has gotten the best of him. Such a shame.

In any event, it was great to see Terry Glaze still looking good out there. Tell ya what, you can forget about that other cancer and put the Glaze back in the mix and it's back to 1984 baby.

I dont doubt that Vin/Rex/Terry will collaborate on something at some point.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

PD wrote:

There's a certain lovable, joking part to Phil's character that a lot of people don't get. I usually hate arrogance, but Phil's really isn't COMPLETE arrogance. If you ask me, I think he acts that way to make people laugh.

Besides, show me a frontman without a huge ego.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]

Post by Guest »

summers_eve wrote:show me a frontman without a huge ego.

:lol: :lol:
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Is that Billy Corgan :x I didn't know that fag played guitar.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]

Post by Guest »

summers_eve wrote:Is that Billy Corgan :x I didn't know that fag played guitar.

he holds one and looks pretty. :tdown: