What was the motive behind this statement?

Talk about anything Pantera related....
Jericho
Mouth For War

What was the motive behind this statement?

Post by Jericho »

Dave Mustaine wrote:When I got together with James [Hetfield], he and I created a guitar style that everybody and their brother is playing now, everyone. I'm not gonna name anybody 'cause I'm not gonna promote them. OK, we'll say "panther" in Spanish [Pantera]. You're welcome guys. We might as well be cooking their dinner for them or pushing their little wheelbarrow to the bank for them.
what the fuck is up with that?
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

well i guess dave was pissed and blamed pantera for stealing their music style
lolz
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

Firestorm wrote:well i guess dave was pissed and blamed pantera for stealing their music style
i'm sure Jericho could have figured that out on his own, he just wanted an excuse to make a thread. :tdown: :lol:
MikeyHelms
Trendkiller

Post by MikeyHelms »

*Italian
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Fuck Dave Cumstain.....I really wouldn't care if he died tomorrow. :tdown:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Who *has* Megadeth influenced?

I have Peace Sells, But Who's Buying and I think I'm finally going to get around to listening to it.
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

HoustonKJ wrote:Who *has* Megadeth influenced?
Probably like, Life of Agony or someone like that. :no:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Section8
Mouth For War

Post by Section8 »

I think what mustaine is saying is - look, Ive been around and wrote guitar riffs but Ive never had dinner with phil and I enjoy getting to know fellow musicians.
[quote="goshua"]
getting your dick sucked and she uses her teeth is like getting into a major automobile accident and not surviving.[/quote]

No Warning85 (8:53:03 PM): Thats an amazingly excellent billiards story!
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

ok where the hell is the mustaine-with-a-wheelbarrow photoshop? :x
visi0nX
Creampuff

Post by visi0nX »

How long ago was that said, after Dime died there was an mtv special on him hosted by Dave and he said he offered Dime a spot in Megadeth a while back but Dime refused unless Vinny went with him and he thought it was a missed oppertunity not getting them.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

visi0nX wrote:How long ago was that said, after Dime died there was an mtv special on him hosted by Dave and he said he offered Dime a spot in Megadeth a while back but Dime refused unless Vinny went with him and he thought it was a missed oppertunity not getting them.
Dave Mustaine is more fickle than anyone i've ever seen. He's a fuck. Fuck him.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

i think he was probably just pissed at the fact that his band never really achieved the fame and such that pantera did.
in the back of his mind, he knows he has a horrible faggot ginger voice, but he just cant admit it.
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

Post by seriousheavymetaller »

HoustonKJ wrote:Who *has* Megadeth influenced?

I have Peace Sells, But Who's Buying and I think I'm finally going to get around to listening to it.
It probably ties with Rust in Piece as their best album. Loads of great tunes on this one, even 'I ain't superstious' the unusual choice of cover song is great. :tup:
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

Mustaine's always had a chip on his shoulder about Pantera. It probably stems from being rejected by Dime all those years ago, then taking them out on tour and being blown away by them every single night. So instead of holding his hand up and admitting that his band were failing due to his drug habits, he's trying to claim ownership of Pantera's style. He's a two-faced loser. He'll go around kissing ass when it suits him, then be a backstabbing prick when he doesn't need someone.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

Bren wrote:Mustaine's always had a chip on his shoulder about Pantera. It probably stems from being rejected by Dime all those years ago, then taking them out on tour and being blown away by them every single night. So instead of holding his hand up and admitting that his band were failing due to his drug habits, he's trying to claim ownership of Pantera's style. He's a two-faced loser. He'll go around kissing ass when it suits him, then be a backstabbing prick when he doesn't need someone.
maybe he should do a movie with the remainding members of pantera and start crying like a little bitch like he did on some kind of monster.
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

That quote is pretty old. It's from the mid-late 90's I believe.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

I think it was around 1993/4 just before FBD hit or whatever.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Dave was mad because Pantera were selling more albums than Megadeth.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

TK wrote:Image
:lll:

The motive is simple, Dave fucking sucks :tdown:
i love you

Post by Guest »

Eyemaster wrote:
TK wrote:Image
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

:lol: I did that on paint, so it isnt as good as a photoshop, but still... Haha
edgecrusheraza
Creampuff

Post by edgecrusheraza »

Aeon wrote:Dave was mad because Pantera were selling more albums than Megadeth.
Exactly. I believe I remember Metallica unleashing their EGO a few times as well.

He and the rest of the 80's metal bands were mad because Pantera suddenly came out of nowhere and starting completely kicking the ass of all the 80's thrash bands with their own brand of badass metal that actually did something different, and had killer lyrics besides the usual politics/satan themes. Not to mention a live show with more energy than anyone since Maiden and Priest.

I mean cmon, Pantera don't sound anything like Megadeth or Metallica. As a matter of fact, Darrell's guitar playing is much easier to pick out than the basic thrash sound of either of those band's.
Maiden and Priest could have easily called Mustaine a copycat too. He just speeds up the tempo.
rawzilla
Cowboy From Hell

Post by rawzilla »

I remember how pissed I was when that fuck came out with that. It was right when Far Beyond Driven came out. I agree with those who said Pantera sounds nothing like Megadeth. Jealousy sparks comments like that.
There was a live bootleg circulating shortly after that with Phil ranting "Hey, if Megadeth comes through here, you tell Dave Mustaine I wanna kick his fuckin' ass!" Good shit.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Dave Mustaine is probably jealous of the raise I just got at work...What a jealous fuck. :lol:
Chazenabi
Creampuff

Post by Chazenabi »

To everyone who's BASHING Dave, You ALL need to go and read what (as you people are cumstain) wrote about Dime and his untimely death. Dave has an ego and anyone who knows him knows that. Dime has created a guitar style like NO other, and I highly doubt that Dave is saying that Dime stole his style. I wonder if Dave can even play like Dime. Dave is really good, but Dime is GREAT. So before you go around BASHING people make sure you KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!!
Jeweller
n0ob

Post by Jeweller »

[/quote]
maybe he should do a movie with the remainding members of pantera and start crying like a little bitch like he did on some kind of monster.[/quote]

LOL! That was the most pathetic thing I have ever seen! Fuck! What happened to those guys?
Chazenabi
Creampuff

Post by Chazenabi »

Your telling me!!! I dont think Dave and Phil in the same room would be a good mix. If I was Dave and had to do an interview for an ex-bands movie, I sure as hell would have made the same moves. I on the other hand wont NOT want to be in a band that went from untouchable to unlistenable, but I would have back in the day of say ...And Justice!

I see your point and it was a good one. I'm a fan of Megadeth, and have alot of respect for them. They did this HORSE SHIT cd called RISK, and that was all it was, a bad risk. Now listen to them, it no Rust In Peace, but it's a HELL OF alot better that Metallica's St. Anger or whatever else they put out in the future.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

one things for sure, megadeth and metallica turned absolutely GHEY
rObsessed!
Sexual Thunder
Lynch Mob

Post by Sexual Thunder »

I'm surprised Dave didn't sue 'em over the phrase "blacktooth grin."
[quote="Mad Muir"]Turkey is awesome with the right kind of gravy, fags.[/quote]
revolution300
Creampuff

Post by revolution300 »

I'll admit I like Megadeth but Pantera is way better
It's time to change
It can't stay the same
Revolution is my name
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

revolution300 wrote:I'll admit I like Megadeth but Pantera is way better
Your profile page beckons. Got work to do, junior.
Chazenabi
Creampuff

Post by Chazenabi »

Brandon wrote:one things for sure, megadeth and metallica turned absolutely GHEY

You need to learn to spell. And as far as Megadeth being gay; well BUDDY, listen close to newer Metallica, (if you can subject your ears that long) and then listen to some new Megadeth. Megadeth is FAR from gay dipsh*t. Never have they posed for a photo shoot for an album, where not only look gay but dressed gay like METALLICA. If you dont care for Megadeth thats fine, I could care less. Just dont rip on someone that does.
PhilCore wrote:
revolution300 wrote:I'll admit I like Megadeth but Pantera is way better
Your profile page beckons. Got work to do, junior.
And PhilCore, why dont you take your bottom lip, n pull it over your tiny little head and swallow. You'll do this world a favor,and probably your parents too.
Last edited by Chazenabi on Fri May 12, 2006 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

Chazenabi wrote:
Brandon wrote:one things for sure, megadeth and metallica turned absolutely GHEY

You need to learn to spell.
maverick
Creampuff

Post by maverick »

Dave is so strung out half the time he thinks he invented metal. I like Megadeath but they didn't invent metal. Get over yourself Dave
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

maverick wrote: Megadeath

Any of your musical opinions from this point on are now null and void.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]