what are you working on?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

DBS your tunes are very linear.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Catharsis is awesome :tup:
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

DBS wrote:
warhead dime wrote:How can I hear your and DBS' band?
why, just click on this link - http://www.myspace.com/nauseamusic
I like the music, where are the vox? That human stain intro sounds like a rip off of, Of Wolf And Man.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

SuicideNote wrote:
DBS wrote:
warhead dime wrote:How can I hear your and DBS' band?
why, just click on this link - http://www.myspace.com/nauseamusic
I like the music, where are the vox? That human stain intro sounds like a rip off of, Of Wolf And Man.
we havent got a proper vocalist yet so we dont want to record anything until we've got the full-time singer doing the tracks for us. Next month the singer/bassist gets back from uni so we're going to re-record all of the songs with a little more thought on the production. the other guitarist we have far surpasses me in terms of technicality so hopefully there'll be some more interesting ideas going on. and these recordings have no bass, so we're going to throw that in too so we have a more complete sound. As for the of wolf and man thing, i actually snagged the idea for a panned intro like that from Nothing Right by the Haunted.

I think it was Warhead Dime who said not to get locked in on one sound, and i think we'll definitely start getting some more ideas when its not just me who's playing, because i'm a very average guitarist and tend to find comfort in familiarity when i'm writing songs. The basic songs we'll keep, but getting bass and an extra guitar on them should get them sounding a little more interesting and unique.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Try playing in different time signatures. I know you will shrug that off as stupid advice but trust me it would help.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

dead forever wrote:Try playing in different time signatures. I know you will shrug that off as stupid advice but trust me it would help.
maybe if you could count or actually listened to our songs then you know we do. and you're right - any musical advice off you is stupid - although maybe you could show me how you get your signature over-distorted super buzz tone in your next omniscient post.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

You play very standard metal rhythms, if you think otherwise you need to listen to some shit like meshuggah.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

dead forever wrote:You play very standard metal rhythms, if you think otherwise you need to listen to some shit like meshuggah.
Whatever, those riffs are good. I could listen to music like that all day.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

put your handbags away ladies.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

SuicideNote wrote:
dead forever wrote:You play very standard metal rhythms, if you think otherwise you need to listen to some shit like meshuggah.
Whatever, those riffs are good. I could listen to music like that all day.
:tup: Sounds good to me
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

DBS wrote: I think it was Warhead Dime who said not to get locked in on one sound, and i think we'll definitely start getting some more ideas when its not just me who's playing, because i'm a very average guitarist and tend to find comfort in familiarity when i'm writing songs. The basic songs we'll keep, but getting bass and an extra guitar on them should get them sounding a little more interesting and unique.
Yeah. It wasn't bad by any means, I was just suggesting you might want to try some dynamics. Heavy part here, more melodic part, slow groove, fast thrash, etc. Just to keep it fresh. Good luck bro.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Metallash wrote:put your handbags away ladies.
... :lol:
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

The drummer is shit. Get the one from the old one back
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
drummer_goat
Far Beyond Driven

Post by drummer_goat »

Watw-Drums wrote:The drummer is shit. Get the one from the old one back
If your talking about warhead dimes band you are a stupid piece of shit. Your drumming is horrible(brought down the whole band imo), maybe if the bass drum could be heard a little it might sound better. When I did catch a wiff of it it was not impressive, and your fills suck. Try working some funk, that stuff can make for some sick fills. Don't talk shit about someone elses talent when it is obvios their leaps and bounds over your head. I liked DBS' guitar work though :tup: Wish I heard more old metal riffs when I'm behind a set.

Warhead Dime your band kicks ass. I like what your drummer does in those odd sigs.
[quote="AlferdPacker"] Open toilet, Put soap in water, Insert cat sit on the toilet lid. Let cat agitate itself in there for at least 5min. Flush 3-5 times to rinse off cat. Jump off toilet seat,and get out of the way as cat lets itself out. [/quote]
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

drummer_goat wrote:
If your talking about warhead dimes band you are a stupid piece of shit. Your drumming is horrible(brought down the whole band imo), maybe if the bass drum could be heard a little it might sound better. When I did catch a wiff of it it was not impressive, and your fills suck. Try working some funk, that stuff can make for some sick fills. Don't talk shit about someone elses talent when it is obvios their leaps and bounds over your head. I liked DBS' guitar work though :tup: Wish I heard more old metal riffs when I'm behind a set.

Warhead Dime your band kicks ass. I like what your drummer does in those odd sigs.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Did I mention Warhead Dime?
No shut up
My drumming is horrible? Construtive criticism there. Nice!
I wouldnt mind hearing some of your "Beats"
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

drummer_goat wrote:

Thanks. He wasn't talking about me though, he's the drummer for that band and was talking to his guitarist as a joke.

What song are you talking about specifically?
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Anyone else got critiques of our stuff?

and dude, hit me on aim and I'll send you the samples I use.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Ben wrote:Anyone else got critiques of our stuff?

and dude, hit me on aim and I'll send you the samples I use.
I would but I don't have aim. Everytime I get it it fucks up my computer :aargh: . I only have msn.

Thanks for the offer though.
drummer_goat
Far Beyond Driven

Post by drummer_goat »

warhead dime wrote:Thanks. He wasn't talking about me though, he's the drummer for that band and was talking to his guitarist as a joke.
What song are you talking about specifically?
:lol: what the fuck.
Anways the song I was talking about was false ascension opening drum beat sound like its 5/4 then 4/4, or so it seems. The placement of it all is creative. There were also other places that I thought was in 7 but I relized on second listen that it was 4/4. Perhaps thats the case here but the structure seemed to be organized better this way. Anyways its good shit :jesus:
[quote="AlferdPacker"] Open toilet, Put soap in water, Insert cat sit on the toilet lid. Let cat agitate itself in there for at least 5min. Flush 3-5 times to rinse off cat. Jump off toilet seat,and get out of the way as cat lets itself out. [/quote]
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Thanks man. Yeah that diminished arpeggio riff that happens after the chorus riff (the one with the 16th note double bass) was actually first written in 7, but the groove is way cooler in 4 so we did that instead.

The intro is actually just a different tempo than the rest of the song.
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Best song is ashes of pompeii. That's an amazing piece of music, if I ever heard some

warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Awesome man, that's my favorite one off of our latest EP. I always thought of that one as our "Master of Puppets" or just my masterpiece (since I wrote it). It all flows well and has some classic riffs, glad someone else thinks so :tup:

How did you hear it though? I don't remember posting it up here :?
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

DBS sent me that one then I listened to all the others on the myspace.

warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Oh cool. I think we talked on msn a couple times. Don't you guys live in Wales or somewhere round there? I'm trying to figure out if this is the same person.
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

been working on finding more people to jam with.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

warhead dime wrote:Oh cool. I think we talked on msn a couple times. Don't you guys live in Wales or somewhere round there? I'm trying to figure out if this is the same person.
yeah thats me.
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

warhead dime wrote:Oh cool. I think we talked on msn a couple times. Don't you guys live in Wales or somewhere round there? I'm trying to figure out if this is the same person.
Too right

warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Right on :tup:
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Righteous :tup:

warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Seeing as you're a drummer, what did you think of the drumming? That's my best friend Brian. Throughout the course of the cd he fucks up a little bit here and there, but he's improved a lot since then (which was last October).
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

His drumming is really good. The two of you are real tight. I like his 'Flava'

7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

Watw-Drums wrote:His drumming is really good. The two of you are real tight. I like his 'Flava'
His Flava? :fag: :tdown: :no:
Suck me
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:
Watw-Drums wrote:His drumming is really good. The two of you are real tight. I like his 'Flava'
His Flava? :fag: :tdown: :no:
Notice the fucking Inverted comma's you stupid piece of shit. I'm not going to fucking listen to some guy names 7Dime7MetalMassacre. Fucking faggot. End Yourself

7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Fuck off man, not my fault you posted that gay shit :lll:
Suck me
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:Fuck off man, not my fault you posted that gay shit :lll:
stop trying so hard
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

"i could care less"
Suck me
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

My band just got a gig opening for Sawyer Brown at a stadium in front of 12,000 people. Jesus!

Looks like i'm going to woodshedding like crazy now. :aargh:
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Pflöyd wrote:My band just got a gig opening for Sawyer Brown at a stadium in front of 12,000 people. Jesus!

sounds like a cool gig, you'll have to post some pics after.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Pflöyd wrote:My band just got a gig opening for Sawyer Brown at a stadium in front of 12,000 people. Jesus!

awesome, id love to play in front of that many people just to say i have, good luck with it man. :tup:
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

whens it happening, and where?
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]