Immortally INSANE!!

Talk about anything Pantera related....
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Immortally INSANE!!

Post by HoustonKJ »

I just listened to this song again and realized, it's fucking insanely good. No, I mean, better than a lot of other Pantera. I know it was just made for a soundtrack, but I still can't believe it's not more well-known. I think if they would have made it into a single on RTS it could have been huge.

Listen to the fucking bassline, Rex usually just follows the guitar, but he's doing the chorus riff during the verses and it sounds great. And how much energy Phil puts into the vocals. The production is also great, I wonder who produced it. Definitely one of my new favorite Pantera songs, and it's amazing to listen to them after all these years and still discover new things.

Immortally Insane - gets my vote for most underrated Pantera song. :pimp:
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

Yeah man, it's ok, but the sound could be a little more FarBeyondDriveny
i love you
endofdays
Creampuff

Post by endofdays »

yeah man, the riff is just... insane!

Code: Select all

-----------------------7-----7-----7-------------------
0---3-0-3-0-5-6----------6-----5-----3----3-3-0-3-0-3-5
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

endofdays wrote:yeah man, the riff is just... insane!

Very cool riff, can i use that riff?
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Eyemaster wrote:Yeah man, it's ok, but the sound could be a little more FarBeyondDriveny
Just needs more speed for that.
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

I wish I still had a guitar or bass to play it on. What fret / notes is that?
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

I finally just watched Heavy Metal 2000, last month. They choose an awesome spot to put that track in the movie. :tup:
endofdays
Creampuff

Post by endofdays »

TK wrote:Very cool riff, can i use that riff?
no

HoustonKJ wrote:I wish I still had a guitar or bass to play it on. What fret / notes is that?
the two lowest strings on your instrument will make it.
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Re: Immortally INSANE!!

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

HoustonKJ wrote:I just listened to this song again and realized, it's fucking insanely good. No, I mean, better than a lot of other Pantera. I know it was just made for a soundtrack, but I still can't believe it's not more well-known. I think if they would have made it into a single on RTS it could have been huge.

Listen to the fucking bassline, Rex usually just follows the guitar, but he's doing the chorus riff during the verses and it sounds great. And how much energy Phil puts into the vocals. The production is also great, I wonder who produced it. Definitely one of my new favorite Pantera songs, and it's amazing to listen to them after all these years and still discover new things.

never heard of it
you know sometimes i wonder..
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

metaljess wrote:I finally just watched Heavy Metal 2000, last month. They choose an awesome spot to put that track in the movie. :tup:
Yeah, I never saw Heavy Metal 2000 yet. But that would be cool. What did you think of the movie itself?

On the same note, I couldn't believe in when this guy was watching Dragon Ball Z (gay show I might add) and they played "10's" during one of the fights. It was like the only thing to resucitate that awful show :lol:
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Shred-Dimebag wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:I just listened to this song again and realized, it's fucking insanely good. No, I mean, better than a lot of other Pantera. I know it was just made for a soundtrack, but I still can't believe it's not more well-known. I think if they would have made it into a single on RTS it could have been huge.

never heard of it
Well now you have. :tup:

It's on the Heavy Metal 2000 soundtrack.
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Shred-Dimebag wrote:

never heard of it
Well now you have. :tup:

It's on the Heavy Metal 2000 soundtrack.
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

HoustonKJ wrote:
metaljess wrote:I finally just watched Heavy Metal 2000, last month. They choose an awesome spot to put that track in the movie. :tup:
Yeah, I never saw Heavy Metal 2000 yet. But that would be cool. What did you think of the movie itself?
I thought it was alright. Not as good as the first one and the ending was suckier than the first one. The soundtrack isn't that great. Pantera was the only reason I bought it and I think that I lost the disc that had them on it. :lol:
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

metaljess wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:
I thought it was alright. Not as good as the first one and the ending was suckier than the first one. The soundtrack isn't that great. Pantera was the only reason I bought it and I think that I lost the disc that had them on it. :lol:
:lol:

Well thanks for the answer.

You ever read the Heavy Metal magazine? With the alternative comics in it? Grim & Tr00. :tup:
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

Shred-Dimebag wrote:

never heard of it
Dont be stupid
lolz
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

Firestorm wrote:
Shred-Dimebag wrote:

never heard of it
Dont be stupid
im not..
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

HoustonKJ wrote:

Remember it's in drop D though.

A---
D---
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

i downloaded it on limewire last night, it is a pretty kick ass song!
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:

Remember it's in drop D though.

A---
D---
Ahh, okay. Yeah, I figure just about everything they ever put out was in drop-D.
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Shred-Dimebag wrote:i downloaded it on limewire last night, it is a pretty kick ass song!
:aargh: :aargh:

Glad I helped someone hear of it
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

HoustonKJ wrote:
Shred-Dimebag wrote:i downloaded it on limewire last night, it is a pretty kick ass song!

have u heard the spongebob square pants one? fuckin awesome and funny

jelly fishin jelly fishin jelly fishin

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Shred-Dimebag wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:

They wrote a song for it? I heard something about it. I just figured it would be a song from one of their albums. They played "10's" from Trendkill on the show DragonBall Z. :lol: :lol: [which was the only moment of that show i've ever been able to tolerate, it's so fucking gay] :x
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

HoustonKJ wrote:
Shred-Dimebag wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:

They wrote a song for it? I heard something about it. I just figured it would be a song from one of their albums. They played "10's" from Trendkill on the show DragonBall Z. :lol: :lol: [which was the only moment of that show i've ever been able to tolerate, it's so fucking gay] :x
They played a slight variation of Death Rattle on one of the Spongebob episodes once. It ruled
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

yea.. speaking of immortally insane, the beginning of the solo is fuckin catchy bad ass tune
Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

Lager wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:
Shred-Dimebag wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:

They played a slight variation of Death Rattle on one of the Spongebob episodes once. It ruled
Pretty cool post :lol:
i love you
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

anyone figure out the solo at all?? fucfk i cant find it and if i do it sounds like shit.

the first part doesnt sound exact, almost, but the second part im sure.(with wah)

tuned drop d

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-12b(1/4)-bfull-R?>10b(1/2)~<?(slow-release)----------------------9b(1/4)-bfull-----7b(1/2)---(Slow-release)--
-12b(1/4)-bfull-R---10b(1/2)~---(slow-release)----------------------9b(1/4)-bfull-----7b(1/2)---(Slow-release)-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything is also A.H i think,the 12 and the 9 is slowly bent,the only reason i posted this is because what i think sounds correct, or close to. my first tab, i just think its gay if you ask for how something is played unless submitting some of your enterpetation.
i dont know about harmonics and shit, but just want to see how its really played. i only figure out this far. (shred-dimebag)

b=bend
r=release
~=vibrato
(x/y)=how high to bend
A.H=artifical harmonic(pinched harmonic)

please post this solo!
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Lager wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:
Shred-Dimebag wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:

Spongebob! :aargh: :aargh:
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Henkka
I will fuck you up

Post by Henkka »

I think on the solo Dime's not bending but playing around with the trem bar thing..
[quote="hektik"]"I viewed this whole topic with my husband :lol: "
I wonder if they made voices for each username. :fu:[/quote]
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

Henkka wrote:I think on the solo Dime's not bending but playing around with the trem bar thing..
i kinda thought the same.. thanks