wow, i never get nervous before shows...

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

Pflöyd wrote:
Kyle wrote:that was a joke you fucking asshat. i couldnt give two shits if anyone on here hates me or my band, i think you have gotta be jealous or have no life. maybe both. i dont give a shit about getting big, we have enough of a local following to where i know its no fluke...

and youre gonna call us emo?? have you ever even heard emo or actual punk rock?? if anything we are more streetpunk. youre right, lets not split hairs. you need to find a better hobby than fulfilling your need to feel tough by trying to start shit with someone on a message board you know youll never meet in real life. youre a real piece of work. i hope for your sake you find a better lifestyle, because one day youre gonna get old and youre gonna feel cheated.
Reading comprehension is your friend. Your music isn't emo, you are. Your music just sucks. And I certainly wouldn't call it streetpunk. that's an insult to real people who play real punk, not a bunch of suburbanites in their dad's garage regurgitating the real thing in a shinier, more palpable product. But you're so insecure about it. And I'm far from jealous, I play in three bands and record and produce others when I have time. I do quite well and couldn't give two shits whether people like what I do or not. Those who get it, do and those who don't do not even cross my mind. So my "lifestyle" is just fine.

If you want to be a musician, you need a thicker skin. You obviously take criticism pretty bad and it's probably your lack of confidence that acerbates that. Go back and practice some more and learn how to write something that doesn't totally rip off MTV fads.

i have NO problem taking criticism, as ive said before. but you arent really criticising, at least not in a way that does any one any good at all... if you think my band sucks, tell me what i can do better, i can respect someone's opinion who does as much as you do, but dont come at me saying i suck or whatever, and about 90% of my backlashing is me joking around, only 10% is actual frustration, and that doesnt stem from your opinion of my band, it merely comes from your lack of ability to properly criticise or say what i can improve on, and if you cant be constructive about it and you see me post in here, just dont open the page... a lot of guys on here have been really cool about letting me know where i can start improving, which is really the only reason why i post anything. i know its not anyone here's flavor, which is good because you guys can hear shit that a lot of people can't. most of you play shit that is way more technical than that and overall know more about music than people who listen to punk, and i want my band to be good, maybe not liked by all, but good...

if you dont like it, youre completely free not to, but im making a very honest effort to create something different that is fun, sounds good to me, and isn't trendy, which i hope you can respect that effort.

in a nutshell, if you cant provide anything helpful, just shut your fucking trap and save us both the trouble. i welcome advice, but i dont welcome bullshit like that.
AfterTheKyle: because i am a full gascan and youre a retard with a sparkler
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

i haven't heard your band but i just want to laugh at all the people who hate local bands. everyone band you listen to used to be a local band, stfu.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

I don't believe that for a second.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Bodom J wrote:i haven't heard your band but i just want to laugh at all the people who hate local bands. everyone band you listen to used to be a local band, stfu.
I don't hate local bands, I hate local bands that refuse to realize they are just local bands. This dude's band is just another garage collaboration of suburbanite punk-wannabes. Swing a dead cat and you'll hit three more bands like it.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

yeah thats exactly rright dude, why dont you go fuck yourself somewhere else?
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Kyle wrote:yeah thats exactly rright dude, why dont you go fuck yourself somewhere else?
:lol: Owned.
Spoke
The Burt-er

Post by Spoke »

Your band is horrible. My honest opinion is that you stop making this music.
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

my honest opinion is that you fist your own asshole and choke on a rotting cock.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Kyle wrote:yeah thats exactly rright dude, why dont you go fuck yourself somewhere else?
Don't be mad. Someone needed to be honest with you.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

see above post, im not mad.