A New Level

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
anty
I will fuck you up

A New Level

Post by anty »

it cant be in drop d can it
"What do these deer think when they see you coming?"

only interested in three things: the best place to eat, having sex and how quickly they can run away. Much like the French."
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Re: A New Level

Post by Aeon »

anty wrote:it cant be in drop d can it
Why yes, it is.
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

didn't look like it when he played it live
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

on record its in D, they have used different tunings on different occasions on tours.
[quote="richard"]i felt i was on the earth exept it was a woman[/quote]
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

I'm still trying to figure out how he does that sound at the beggining of that song.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

scrape the side of the pick on the G B and E strings fast.
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

dan wrote:scrape the side of the pick on the G B and E strings fast.
:tup:
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

I just play a certain pattern with my fretting hand on top E string, double picked quickly. Works for me.
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

Revolver wrote:I just play a certain pattern with my fretting hand on top E string, double picked quickly. Works for me.
well theres doing it the right way and then theres doing it shit and wrong.
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

dan wrote:
Revolver wrote:I just play a certain pattern with my fretting hand on top E string, double picked quickly. Works for me.
Its not shit but it is wrong.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Revolver wrote:
dan wrote:
You suck you fucking trash bag!
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Lager wrote:
Revolver wrote:
dan wrote:
You can't play for shit either! Drums? You can't play drums.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Revolver wrote:
Lager wrote:
Revolver wrote:
dan wrote:
You can't play for shit either! Drums? You can't play drums.
Neither can you, maybe I should post the mp3! :lol:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

:lll:
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

its drop d on record, dime spoke about how you can play power chords with one finger in drop d in one of his collums in guitar world , and the songs he mentioned were primal concrete sledge and a new level i believe. They play it drop d live aswell, if you watch how he plays the solo on the home videos in the live clip, hes playing on the high e in the correct place for it to be if he was playing in standard, if he was playing with all the strings downtuned the run would be further up the neck.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

dead forever wrote:its drop d on record, dime spoke about how you can play power chords with one finger in drop d in one of his collums in guitar world , and the songs he mentioned were primal concrete sledge and a new level i believe. They play it drop d live aswell, if you watch how he plays the solo on the home videos in the live clip, hes playing on the high e in the correct place for it to be if he was playing in standard, if he was playing with all the strings downtuned the run would be further up the neck.
Thanks for clearing that up, Rex.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Muffin wrote:
dead forever wrote:its drop d on record, dime spoke about how you can play power chords with one finger in drop d in one of his collums in guitar world , and the songs he mentioned were primal concrete sledge and a new level i believe. They play it drop d live aswell, if you watch how he plays the solo on the home videos in the live clip, hes playing on the high e in the correct place for it to be if he was playing in standard, if he was playing with all the strings downtuned the run would be further up the neck.
Thanks for clearing that up, Rex.

No problemo, to pee tee to pa ta po ta pa tee.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

its not in drop D, its in D standard slightly flat. if you watch the home videos where theyre playing it and he does that walk where hes croutched down with his legs far apart, hes using the standard power chord fingering, not just barred across one fret. same goes for Walk, which most people think is drop D too, its not.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

dead forever wrote: to pee tee to pa ta po ta pa tee.
What? :lol:
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

Lager wrote:

watch the home vids :fag:
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Chris wrote:
Lager wrote:

The words are too confusing to read! And also, my home videos has a 1 inch crack down the disc, and it no longer plays :(
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Lager wrote:
Chris wrote:
Lager wrote:

The words are too confusing to read! And also, my home videos has a 1 inch crack down the disc, and it no longer plays :(
blasphemer!
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Chris wrote:its not in drop D, its in D standard slightly flat. if you watch the home videos where theyre playing it and he does that walk where hes croutched down with his legs far apart, hes using the standard power chord fingering, not just barred across one fret. same goes for Walk, which most people think is drop D too, its not.

i don't think so, if it was in d standard he would be playing the solo in a different position.
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

dead forever wrote:
Chris wrote:its not in drop D, its in D standard slightly flat. if you watch the home videos where theyre playing it and he does that walk where hes croutched down with his legs far apart, hes using the standard power chord fingering, not just barred across one fret. same goes for Walk, which most people think is drop D too, its not.

i don't think so, if it was in d standard he would be playing the solo in a different position.

well if it was drop D he wouldnt be fingering the chords like a normal power chord.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Chris wrote:
dead forever wrote:

well if it was drop D he wouldnt be fingering the chords like a normal power chord.

I'll check again tonight, it's possible the two vids are from different concerts, infact i think they might be.
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

dead forever wrote:No problemo, to pee tee to pa ta po ta pa tee.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WarPig
Vulgar Bastard

Post by WarPig »

i play it in standard tuning. he looked like he played it in standard too.
[quote="Razorkill999"]go play on a fuckin harmonica.[/quote][quote="Edna Bodine"]not an insult.[/quote]