THIS SUCKS

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Cowboy From Hell

THIS SUCKS

Post by 3200 »

I got this from another site:

"Continuing with a pattern of aggressive copyright enforcement, the Music Publisher's Association and publishing company Warner Chapell have begun a campaign against lyric and sheet music/tablature sites.
According to MPA president Lauren Keiser, the internet runs rife with unlicensed guitar tabs, song scores and lyric sites, all of which are "completely illegal." Keiser claims he does not just want sites shut down, but is also urging authorities to "throw in some jail time" as an additional detterent.
David Israelite, president of the National Music Publishers' Association, added his concerns:
Unauthorised use of lyrics and tablature deprives the songwriter of the ability to make a living, and is no different than stealing, Music publishers and songwriters will consider all tools under the law to stop this illegal behaviour.
News of the campaign comes shortly after a popular utility, pearLyrics was forced offline by Warner Chapell. The application retrieved lyrics for songs from the Internet and did not actually contain any lyrics itself.
Within the punk, hardcore and metal genres, there are numerous sites specializing in lyrics and guitar tablatures and any or all of them could become targets for the campaign. "

You know, this is pretty fucked up. Most sites I have seen like OLGA/harmony central and etc have student renderings of tab and such that are available... I have yet to see a song that is 100% correct. Not only that, most people who use those sites are strum along at home folks or cover bands that work as human juke boxes in local club scenes to make extra cash.

Musicians have enough predators who take pocket shots at them. I guess this is one more thing.

Anyone with half a brain can sit down with a piece of paper and note lyrics as they come out of the speakers. And my 11 year old kids can map out tab by ear. Are they infringing copyright? Or just learning to play?

whattaworldwhattaworld?
www.3200.us
http://www.3200.us/PawPawsArchives.htm
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Allthough this is retarded, I think you should kill yourself. It's the only way. :) :tup:
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Cowboy From Hell

Post by 3200 »

Muffin wrote:Allthough this is retarded, I think you should kill yourself. It's the only way. :) :tup:
and why is that?
www.3200.us
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

3200 wrote:
Muffin wrote:Allthough this is retarded, I think you should kill yourself. It's the only way. :) :tup:
and why is that?
www.3200.us
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Cowboy From Hell

Post by 3200 »

Muffin wrote:
3200 wrote:
and why is that?
www.3200.us
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
And what was it exactly that made you feel this way about me? Because I can't recall.

Oh yeah, some one told you what to think. That sucks.
www.3200.us
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

3200 wrote:
Muffin wrote:
3200 wrote:
and why is that?
www.3200.us
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
And what was it exactly that made you feel this way about me? Because I can't recall.

Oh yeah, some one told you what to think. That sucks.
Nope.

I'm pretty sure www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv was enough to make me think you're retarded.

Plus, i'm still broken hearted because you never posted the tit pics I told you to post.

I must be jealous, right? :lol: :fu:
Cowboy From Hell

Post by 3200 »

what ever.

if you think that making a video and working your ass off in a group of musicians toward a common goal is retarded then more power to ya.

It seems that the less people have in their life the more they like to bash others.

Must be a sad life.
www.3200.us
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Yeah, I'm sure it will do a lot, just like it did with MP3 sharing.

But, I can see your dilemma when you can't even figure out the title of a song WHEN ITS WRITTEN ON THE CD.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Cowboy From Hell

Post by 3200 »

BassPhemy wrote:Yeah, I'm sure it will do a lot, just like it did with MP3 sharing.

But, I can see your dilemma when you can't even figure out the title of a song WHEN ITS WRITTEN ON THE CD.

damn dude, you can't tell the difference between the name of a video clip of a cover tune and the name of a song.

maybe if you stopped looking for something to hate long enough to read it might be enlightening for you.
www.3200.us
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

3200 wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:Yeah, I'm sure it will do a lot, just like it did with MP3 sharing.

damn dude, you can't tell the difference between the name of a video clip of a cover tune and the name of a song.

maybe if you stopped looking for something to hate long enough to read it might be enlightening for you.
Well that is just stupid. Why the hell would you title the video clip something different? Thats like me covering a song called "You're a Stupid Whore" and naming the video clip "And She's Fat, too".
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
KC-04
Far Beyond Driven

Post by KC-04 »

That song is cool :tup:
Browns Town
CONSPIRACY

Post by Browns Town »

3200 wrote: working your ass off

Keep working.
I am a hostile heterosexual male who is very pissed off.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

I'm not even gonna bother with the smartassedness the other cronies feel they need to disperse, we have plenty of those idiots here...but to the subject at hand: most tabs and sheet music on the 'net is usually individual renderings, which may or may not be correct, therefore, I think they are outside of legal prosecution because:

1.) these tabs aren't copyrighted themselves

and

2.) again, these are usually musician interpretations, not artist transcribed.

fuck the MPA...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Oh no! They're going to stop me downloading tablature just like they stopped me downloadnig MP3s!
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

At least it will encourage people to try and work things out by ear again instead of taking the easy and less rewarding way.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Re: THIS SUCKS

Post by croninburg »

3200 wrote:David Israelite
:lol:
PanteraRuleTheWorld
Far Beyond Driven

Post by PanteraRuleTheWorld »

croninburg wrote:Oh no! They're going to stop me downloading tablature just like they stopped me downloadnig MP3s!
just isnt gonna happen! :no:
All the money in the fuckin world couldn't buy me a second of trust!
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Re: THIS SUCKS

Post by Aeon »

3200 wrote:I got this from another site:

"Continuing with a pattern of aggressive copyright enforcement, the Music Publisher's Association and publishing company Warner Chapell have begun a campaign against lyric and sheet music/tablature sites.
According to MPA president Lauren Keiser, the internet runs rife with unlicensed guitar tabs, song scores and lyric sites, all of which are "completely illegal." Keiser claims he does not just want sites shut down, but is also urging authorities to "throw in some jail time" as an additional detterent.
David Israelite, president of the National Music Publishers' Association, added his concerns:
Unauthorised use of lyrics and tablature deprives the songwriter of the ability to make a living, and is no different than stealing, Music publishers and songwriters will consider all tools under the law to stop this illegal behaviour.
News of the campaign comes shortly after a popular utility, pearLyrics was forced offline by Warner Chapell. The application retrieved lyrics for songs from the Internet and did not actually contain any lyrics itself.
Within the punk, hardcore and metal genres, there are numerous sites specializing in lyrics and guitar tablatures and any or all of them could become targets for the campaign. "

You know, this is pretty fucked up. Most sites I have seen like OLGA/harmony central and etc have student renderings of tab and such that are available... I have yet to see a song that is 100% correct. Not only that, most people who use those sites are strum along at home folks or cover bands that work as human juke boxes in local club scenes to make extra cash.

Musicians have enough predators who take pocket shots at them. I guess this is one more thing.

Anyone with half a brain can sit down with a piece of paper and note lyrics as they come out of the speakers. And my 11 year old kids can map out tab by ear. Are they infringing copyright? Or just learning to play?

whattaworldwhattaworld?
I approve this! :tup:
Cowboy From Hell

Post by 3200 »

BassPhemy wrote:
3200 wrote:

Well that is just stupid. Why the hell would you title the video clip something different? Thats like me covering a song called "You're a Stupid Whore" and naming the video clip "And She's Fat, too".
I don't know, I didn't title it. The man who filmed it and posted it on our site did. It's probably because I told a guy just before the song to get his mouth full of it cause it was the last time we were gonna play it.

It was the last cover tune we did. People really liked it so we kept it in the set over the years and mostly just used it for encore material.

If you'd like, you can ask any questions you have directly to PawPaw. There's a link under the vids on the page. ;)

I really hope this settles all the craziness. I came here because I like pantera and had something to share. I figure all of you are here because you like pantera too. Why does everything have to turn into a dick measuring contest or a jr high version of a put down fight?

Can't we all just get be adults here and stop the hatefulness?
www.3200.us
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
Cowboy From Hell

Post by 3200 »

Balls On Parade wrote:I'm not even gonna bother with the smartassedness the other cronies feel they need to disperse, we have plenty of those idiots here...but to the subject at hand: most tabs and sheet music on the 'net is usually individual renderings, which may or may not be correct, therefore, I think they are outside of legal prosecution because:

1.) these tabs aren't copyrighted themselves

and

2.) again, these are usually musician interpretations, not artist transcribed.

fuck the MPA...
Thank you... and I agree 100%
www.3200.us
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv