Line 6 guitar amps

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
mbemg81
Creampuff

Line 6 guitar amps

Post by mbemg81 »

What do you guys think of them? i was thinking of getting a spider II 210(120 watts) or 212 (150watts). Should i pay more and get the extra 30 watts?
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

thos amps are shitty!
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
mbemg81
Creampuff

Post by mbemg81 »

why?
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

because they sound like shit.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Fuckall
n0ob

Post by Fuckall »

I have the original spider 210 (50w) and if you take the time to dial it in, it sounds good at medium volume levels.. Its an improvement if all you have now is some sort of practice amp. I wouldnt reccomend it though. IMO a much better amp in the same class/price range would be the CRATE RFX120.. none of the smaller ones, those sound like shit.. get the 120 (if you decide to buy one anyways) It has some effects, but the tone is much better and you have more flexibility in sculpting your distortion. The best thing to do if you are looking to buying an amp is go somewhere and play though it.. Even if you think you suck (I'm not saying you do) just go and play thought it and make sure you like what you are buying.. everyones ears are a little different and the CRATE is my personal choice in that price range. If you like having great sounding clean tones.. you might consider looking into a tube amp and a good distortion pedal... I personally like amp distortion over a pedal.. but thats just me.. hope that helps.

J
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

Ive got the Spider II head, and honestly, it kicks ass. I really like it. I love the tones im pullin out of it, and i havent even scratched the surface.

thats my 2 cents
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
Splifferoony
Creampuff

Post by Splifferoony »

I'm buying a Line 6 "Uber Metal" pedal http://www.line6.com/tonecore/uberMetal.html

after reading the awesome reviews this thing got here
http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/ ... tal-1.html
mbemg81
Creampuff

Post by mbemg81 »

Fuckall wrote:I have the original spider 210 (50w) and if you take the time to dial it in, it sounds good at medium volume levels.. Its an improvement if all you have now is some sort of practice amp. I wouldnt reccomend it though. IMO a much better amp in the same class/price range would be the CRATE RFX120.. none of the smaller ones, those sound like shit.. get the 120 (if you decide to buy one anyways) It has some effects, but the tone is much better and you have more flexibility in sculpting your distortion. The best thing to do if you are looking to buying an amp is go somewhere and play though it.. Even if you think you suck (I'm not saying you do) just go and play thought it and make sure you like what you are buying.. everyones ears are a little different and the CRATE is my personal choice in that price range. If you like having great sounding clean tones.. you might consider looking into a tube amp and a good distortion pedal... I personally like amp distortion over a pedal.. but thats just me.. hope that helps.

J
I was looking at the line 6s cause of their flexibility as I play a lot of different music from Santana to heavy stuff like throwdown, I thought it would be a good amp to get as it has a lot of different sounds but from what you said it doesn’t sound to good?
Are their any other amps you would recommend in that price range?
Fuckall
n0ob

Post by Fuckall »

mbemg81 wrote:
Fuckall wrote:I have the original spider 210 (50w) and if you take the time to dial it in, it sounds good at medium volume levels.. Its an improvement if all you have now is some sort of practice amp. I wouldnt reccomend it though. IMO a much better amp in the same class/price range would be the CRATE RFX120.. none of the smaller ones, those sound like shit.. get the 120 (if you decide to buy one anyways) It has some effects, but the tone is much better and you have more flexibility in sculpting your distortion. The best thing to do if you are looking to buying an amp is go somewhere and play though it.. Even if you think you suck (I'm not saying you do) just go and play thought it and make sure you like what you are buying.. everyones ears are a little different and the CRATE is my personal choice in that price range. If you like having great sounding clean tones.. you might consider looking into a tube amp and a good distortion pedal... I personally like amp distortion over a pedal.. but thats just me.. hope that helps.

J
I was looking at the line 6s cause of their flexibility as I play a lot of different music from Santana to heavy stuff like throwdown, I thought it would be a good amp to get as it has a lot of different sounds but from what you said it doesn’t sound to good?
Are their any other amps you would recommend in that price range?
Well, its subjective.. I've got a great uncle who plays country and blues on strats, teles, and les pauls and he offered to buy it off me on the spot for the clean/twang/blues presets alone.. it is very flexible for certain things.. It is just missing the true warmth of tubes that I like.. basically IMO what it boils down to is that its a "jack of all trades, master of none" And this is the original.. I have no idea about the new ones.. they might kick ass for all I know, I havent actually played through one.
mbemg81
Creampuff

Post by mbemg81 »

how old is your amp?
Fuckall
n0ob

Post by Fuckall »

mbemg81 wrote:how old is your amp?
4-5 years old.. somewhere in there.

pic:
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Ive tried 'em, out and they sound decent. Worth your hard earned money :tup:
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Post by BaptizedBurning »

i love line 6. i have the spider 2 halfstack. it's definitly the best halfstack you'll get at that price. i want to save up to get a line 6 flextone head. my bro has one and he's set some nice ass tones on that thing.
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Definatley a decent combo for the money. A few of my friends have/had them, and they're decent. Built like a tank too!

I especially like the cleans. The distortion can sound real nice, but can lacks definition at high volumes (especially the 'Insane' channel). Just go easy with the drive/gain.

:tup:
mbemg81
Creampuff

Post by mbemg81 »

scrotal_tug wrote:Definatley a decent combo for the money. A few of my friends have/had them, and they're decent. Built like a tank too!

I especially like the cleans. The distortion can sound real nice, but can lacks definition at high volumes (especially the 'Insane' channel). Just go easy with the drive/gain.

:tup:
Do you mean the distortion gets a lot of feed back and static at high volumes?
I was hoping to get rid of that shit from my boss metal zone pedal and use the amps distortion instead.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

The VOX Valvetronix line of modeling heads are far superior to the Line 6's and the Behringers...so I've decided I'm getting this in the next day or two, the AD120VTH:

picked up the foot controller for it today:

leave you're Rectos, Princetons, Twins, JCMs, DSLs, TSL's, and AC30's at home, folks, this one does it all!!!!!!!!! (AND slays any fucking Line 6 modeler head out there!!!!)

now, time to sell my rack gear, some pedals, and my Randall RH100 head!!!

I'm getting stiffie as I type this... :aargh:
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Post by BaptizedBurning »

yeah, fuck randall heads. dimebag was the only one that could make a randall sound good.
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

The RH100 is a great soudning amp for the price...
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Balls On Parade wrote:The VOX Valvetronix line of modeling heads are far superior to the Line 6's and the Behringers...so I've decided I'm getting this in the next day or two, the AD120VTH:

picked up the foot controller for it today:

leave you're Rectos, Princetons, Twins, JCMs, DSLs, TSL's, and AC30's at home, folks, this one does it all!!!!!!!!! (AND slays any fucking Line 6 modeler head out there!!!!)

now, time to sell my rack gear, some pedals, and my Randall RH100 head!!!

I'm getting stiffie as I type this... :aargh:
The U.S highgain setting on these things fucking own, my buddy has one and you can get some pretty good Slayer-esque sounds out of it.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Balls On Parade wrote:The RH100 is a great soudning amp for the price...
BTW, I am selling mine
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Balls On Parade wrote:
BTW, I am selling mine
How much?
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

yeah they are pretty good for the money.
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Muffin wrote:
Balls On Parade wrote:
BTW, I am selling mine
How much?

$250 plus shipping, hardly ever used (maybe 4 times? never even gigged it), and I bought it new:

PanteraRuleTheWorld
Far Beyond Driven

Post by PanteraRuleTheWorld »

Gor-Gor wrote:Ive got the Spider II head, and honestly, it kicks ass. I really like it. I love the tones im pullin out of it, and i havent even scratched the surface.

thats my 2 cents
The head is good but the cab is a bit shitty, go for a cab with celestion v-30's makes all the difference!

can't go wrong with a Randall RH100 either though! :tup:
All the money in the fuckin world couldn't buy me a second of trust!
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Balls On Parade wrote:
Muffin wrote:
Balls On Parade wrote:
BTW, I am selling mine
How much?

$250 plus shipping, hardly ever used (maybe 4 times? never even gigged it), and I bought it new:

How long are you holding on to it before selling it? I might buy it.
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

PanteraRuleTheWorld wrote:
Gor-Gor wrote:Ive got the Spider II head, and honestly, it kicks ass. I really like it. I love the tones im pullin out of it, and i havent even scratched the surface.

thats my 2 cents
The head is good but the cab is a bit shitty, go for a cab with celestion v-30's makes all the difference!

why the v-30s?
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
PanteraRuleTheWorld
Far Beyond Driven

Post by PanteraRuleTheWorld »

Gor-Gor wrote:
PanteraRuleTheWorld wrote:

thats my 2 cents

why the v-30s?
i got the line 6 cab cos it was cheap, and there's a reason its cheap...its shit! celestion make the speakers for it but theyre cheap shitty ones made specially for line 6. not too good with bass and treble high it cant handle it. i got another cab with celestion v-30s and it just sounds so fuckin sweet! the bass and treble can be right up and they both cut through nicely, so bassy but so trebley at the same time...nice :pimp:
All the money in the fuckin world couldn't buy me a second of trust!
mbemg81
Creampuff

Post by mbemg81 »

I’ve been speaking to other guitarists and now I changed my mind I wont to get a peavey 5150 head and a Marshall quad box but the bad thing is its gonna cost me heaps. Like 3 to 4 grand. So I wont be getting that in a hurry.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Good luck getting a 5150, they don't build them anymore.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

croninburg wrote:Good luck getting a 5150, they don't build them anymore.
they aren't hard to get.

and I still use my rh100, so that one that BOP is selling is WELL worth the 250!!!!
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Th3 C0ok
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Th3 C0ok »

I have a near mint line6 flextone II HD head. Don't really use it much anymore, got myself an Engl Powerball. How much do you want to pay for it, if you still want one?
I am not sen[b]D[/b]ing subl[b]I[/b]minal m[b]E[/b]ssages
mbemg81
Creampuff

Post by mbemg81 »

Th3 C0ok wrote:I have a near mint line6 flextone II HD head. Don't really use it much anymore, got myself an Engl Powerball. How much do you want to pay for it, if you still want one?
Thanks for the offer but i am saving up for that peavey now.
Th3 C0ok
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Th3 C0ok »

Right on, good head.. only thing I don't like about it is the lack of gain or distortion... it has really good lead though.
I am not sen[b]D[/b]ing subl[b]I[/b]minal m[b]E[/b]ssages
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Muffin wrote:
Balls On Parade wrote:
Muffin wrote:
Balls On Parade wrote:
BTW, I am selling mine
How much?

How long are you holding on to it before selling it? I might buy it.
goes on Ebay tomorrow, dude!
ronnie
Creampuff

Post by ronnie »

i have a spider ll 212 and i think it sound pretty good for its price but i am planning to sell it to get a tube amp Randall rg50tc with is smaller but 500x better :D