krank

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Fuckall
n0ob

krank

Post by Fuckall »

Has anyone here played through one? either the revolution or krankenstein (obviously) I cant find them anywhere in my area, I'm curious what they are like.. other than what the ads say..
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

For the $1700 or $1800 that a Krank head costs, you can do way better with yer money.
Fuckall
n0ob

Post by Fuckall »

i'm not really thinking about buying one, I'm just wondering what the hell they actually sound like in person.
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

I've only heard it from live bands and they sounded way too muddy for my tastes.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Fuckall wrote:i'm not really thinking about buying one, I'm just wondering what the hell they actually sound like in person.
More than likely not nearly as good as they are hyped up to be.
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

Avulsed wrote:way too muddy for my tastes.
[quote="richard"]i felt i was on the earth exept it was a woman[/quote]
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

from what ive heard of em they sound nice. heres some krankenstein clips from andy sneap with different tube screamers infront of them http://andysneap.com/downloads/tubescreamer/
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

I've heard mixed opinions.

I've heard some great clips over at the Andy Sneap board, namely from good producers who know what they're doing.

I've also heard some very bad reviews. A lot of bands used them at Ozzfest this year, lots of people said the majority sounded awful.

I'd also like to try one in person, but I'd never justify spending that type of money on something that's so 'hit or miss'... I'd definatley go for something like an ENGL for example.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Chris wrote:from what ive heard of em they sound nice. heres some krankenstein clips from andy sneap with different tube screamers infront of them http://andysneap.com/downloads/tubescreamer/
Andy Sneap could make anything sound good though.
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Aeon wrote:
Chris wrote:from what ive heard of em they sound nice. heres some krankenstein clips from andy sneap with different tube screamers infront of them http://andysneap.com/downloads/tubescreamer/
Andy Sneap could make anything sound good though.
yeah but it all has to start with the equipment, if the equipment is crap then you obviously cant fix it in the mix.

ive seen shadows fall live when they used the kranks and they sounded pretty good.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
insurgent89
Creampuff Sr.

Post by insurgent89 »

u can't really go by what u hear live in a concert, usually the fucking emo bands on ozzfest scoop all thier sound out and might as well be playing basses. and the soundman may be shitty, the only way to truley know is to go find a dealer and tell him to fire the fucker up.
Go To www.myspace.com/soulcrusher6669 to check out my band.
Spoke
The Burt-er

Post by Spoke »

insurgent89 wrote:u can't really go by what u hear live in a concert, usually the fucking emo bands on ozzfest scoop all thier sound out and might as well be playing basses. and the soundman may be shitty, the only way to truley know is to go find a dealer and tell him to fire the fucker up.
Otep sucks, and so do you.
[quote="BaptizedBurning"]randy (rhoads) can't be the greatest, because slash already is.[/quote]
[quote="Rage"]You're the John Cena of the PBB.[/quote]
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

insurgent89 wrote:u can't really go by what u hear live in a concert, usually the fucking emo bands on ozzfest scoop all thier sound out and might as well be playing basses. and the soundman may be shitty, the only way to truley know is to go find a dealer and tell him to fire the fucker up.
Yer a fuckin' genius.
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

i played a kraneknstein at motor city guitar but i coouldn't turn the master vol past 3 without getting bitched at so i can't give you a real reportt. the krank sounded alright but listen to the guys that posted before me: for $1800 you can do a lot better. the guys over at the harmony central boards fuckin' hate krank with a passion and they know what they're talking about. don't let their marketing overtake you

EDIT: krank amps were banned from the harmony central user review section because their employees were giving them perfect 10's all across the board. that speaks for itself :tdown:
Individual Thought Patterns
insurgent89
Creampuff Sr.

Post by insurgent89 »

Spoke wrote:
Otep sucks, and so do you.
Yeah? and u suck burt reynolds dick you fucking narrowminded redneck queer. Go fuck yourself you asshole licking dicksmack
insurgent89
Creampuff Sr.

Post by insurgent89 »

Aeon wrote:
Yer a fuckin' genius.
This is comming from a guy who spells you're "yer" so shut your fucking mouth, if I wanted your opinion I would ask.
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

don't get all gay and immature because somebody makes fun a band you like. if somebody says they banged your mom do you still get pissed off?
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

insurgent89 wrote:
Aeon wrote:
Yer a fuckin' genius.
This is comming from a guy who spells you're "yer" so shut your fucking mouth, if I wanted your opinion I would ask.
:lol:
axedawg
Cowboy From Hell

Post by axedawg »

I will come back to this thread again but I will state with confidence that the Revolution I was the most tinny, sterile, lifeless piece of shit tube amp I have ever played in my life. This amp made me appreciate a Marshall and I pretty much denounce Marshall with exception to the JMP-1 teamed up with a Mesa 2:90. No shit, I totally hate KranK and I bet u good money that the ones that the 'stars' use and endorse and lined with totally different circuitry and gain stages than the ones we look at and play on the floor. Tony Krank used to make his living modding Sovtek amps and he should go back to doing that. Fuck, look at their ads in the mags....they try to reign you in by offering different tolex colors!?!?! :fur: :no: :negro: :fu:
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

i think the kranks that the "stars" use are the same amps you see in stores. i heard their were problems with kranks breaking down @ ozzfest. also, that would explain for the horrendous sound quality at last year's ozzfest.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

The straight up crank distortion was a little weak but i liked the clip with the dod in front.
dirtbag
Creampuff

Post by dirtbag »

Ive owned a few amplifiers. after going through the entire line of peaveys (xxl or whatever and up) and that cheap MG series marshall halfstack I was fed up with shitty amp distortions and tones, so i decided to save my money for 4 months or so and buy a krankenstein. I think this is the loudest amplifier ive ever heard. The clean tones sparkle brighter than my 1967 gibson 1x15" combo amp. The distortion knocks things off tables. I'm not sure a lot of people know that when playing at lower levels (like in guitar shops, or practicing in small spaces) youre supposed to pull the FX loop control out. It adds massive amounts of bass and thickness to the sound. Overall i think the amplifier is a godsend. I think you can attribute the shitty sound at ozzfest to bad equipment/players... My only problem with the amp is overheating. overheating = feedback, and this thing feeds back a shitload, even with the gain and the master 1 or 2 down at 3. I solved this problem with an old fan lying around the house. I hope that answers your question/ any other questions about the krankenstein.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Fuck that, for that kind of cash, get a mesa boogie , you will never own a better amp.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]