drop c tuning

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
mbemg81
Creampuff

drop c tuning

Post by mbemg81 »

Anyone play in this tuning?
I’ve been told i would have to put my pickups higher to the strings and change my guitar strings to fatter ones. To match the drop c tuning. is this true?
thanks
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

You are supposed to use thinner strings the lower you tune!
IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
mbemg81
Creampuff

Post by mbemg81 »

BS!!!!
heaps of people have told me to get a chunky tone you use fatter strings. You dont even know what your going on about do you???
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

WHAT DO YOU KNOW DUDE?!?!!?!?! YOU ASK ME QUESTION I ANSWER YOU BS :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
vulgar_swede
Vulgar Bastard

Post by vulgar_swede »

Why ask a question and then bitch about the answer? That must mean that you already knew what answer you wanted.
If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

dude id listen to aeon, he used to be dime's guitar tech :roll:
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Grimlock
Russian Roulette

Post by Grimlock »

mbemg81 wrote:BS!!!!
heaps of people have told me to get a chunky tone you use fatter strings. You dont even know what your going on about do you???
What the fuck? No..It's thinner strings.
You have exercised utmost discernment, far beyond that of the layman.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

mehshuggah uses 8 gauge strings
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

hippy wrote:mehshuggah uses 8 gauge strings
2-14 :lol:
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Are you people retarded?
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

if you buy strings, starting from .56 for the E, tighten them up to standard tuning, it will within an hour, adjust your neck and detune itslef for C tuning perfectly, there is no better way about it, dime used to do this.
[quote="richard"]i felt i was on the earth exept it was a woman[/quote]
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

Pflöyd wrote:Are you people retarded?
take a joke, bro.
mbemg81
Creampuff

Post by mbemg81 »

i am only going on what other guitarists have told me
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

hippy wrote:
take a joke, bro.
Joking around is fine, but it seems every time a new person shows up with a legitimate question about something, all the self-appointed virtuosos on here get all snooty and mocking with people. Newsflash: no one here was born knowing the Phrygian mode or how to sweep-pick scales ad nauseum.

This forum has always been sacred ground on this board where people were actually serious and discussed music like musicians, not like a bunch of Free Zone fuckheads with penis on the brain.

If you aren't going to contribute constructively, keep your cursor away from the submit button.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Splifferoony
Creampuff

Post by Splifferoony »

Pflöyd wrote:
hippy wrote:
take a joke, bro.
Joking around is fine, but it seems every time a new person shows up with a legitimate question about something, all the self-appointed virtuosos on here get all snooty and mocking with people. Newsflash: no one here was born knowing the Phrygian mode or how to sweep-pick scales ad nauseum.

This forum has always been sacred ground on this board where people were actually serious and discussed music like musicians, not like a bunch of Free Zone fuckheads with penis on the brain.

If you aren't going to contribute constructively, keep your cursor away from the submit button.

:tup:
insurgent89
Creampuff Sr.

Post by insurgent89 »

from my experience and from being a guitar and bass tech, i would use larger gauge strings for lower tunings. and deffinatly do not move your pickups higher as it will pull on the strings causing them to buzz. but it is totally up to personal taste. and i dont know about that bullshit about tuning to standard and letting your neck adjust itself to a differnet tuning. i hope they were joking, thats just retarded. but as for string guages ive seen tony iommi use 8s and tune down 2 and a half steps so...
Go To www.myspace.com/soulcrusher6669 to check out my band.
Freak Kitchen Chef
n0ob

Post by Freak Kitchen Chef »

Drop everything down a tone and the drop the D down to a C... Delicious!
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

insurgent89 wrote: i dont know about that bullshit about tuning to standard and letting your neck adjust itself to a differnet tuning. i hope they were joking, thats just retarded..
:lol:
[quote="richard"]i felt i was on the earth exept it was a woman[/quote]
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

Pflöyd wrote:
hippy wrote:
take a joke, bro.

he knew the answers to his own question in each post, so what did he need help with?
vulgar_swede
Vulgar Bastard

Post by vulgar_swede »

hippy wrote:
Pflöyd wrote:
hippy wrote:
take a joke, bro.

he knew the answers to his own question in each post, so what did he need help with?
:pimp:
If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
mbemg81
Creampuff

Post by mbemg81 »

i was looking for other peoples opinion and what they thought about drop c tuning........is that so bad?
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Pflöyd wrote:
hippy wrote:
take a joke, bro.

Couldn't agree more :tup:
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

mbemg81 wrote:
i was looking for other peoples opinion and what they thought about drop c tuning........is that so bad?
I think you should tune your damn guitar to E.
Cemetery Floods
n0ob

Post by Cemetery Floods »

Pflöyd wrote:
hippy wrote:
take a joke, bro.

socialparasite
Creampuff

Post by socialparasite »

First you must tell us what gutiar you are playing? Scale length 22 frets? 24? I think a 11 or above is a good choice. I tried C with 10's but they feel to loose like debbie diamond. I would go with 11's but its your choice. On my guitars i could never get a 9 or 10 to work well
Splifferoony
Creampuff

Post by Splifferoony »

I have used all kind of different tunings over the years and sometimes tune as low as A. I always go up a string gauge for each semitone I detune, that usually gives me the same string tension and requres no neck adjustment.
If you plan to have your guitar tuned to drop-C permanently and can buy single strings, get a slightly thicker one for your C string, as this will be tuned a step lower than the rest, it won't have the same tension making power chords sound messy
mbemg81
Creampuff

Post by mbemg81 »

I’ve got a ltd mh-50, 24 frets. I went to a music shop a few days ago and the guy there reckons i should just put regulars on my guitar because i change my tunings a lot. he talked about changing the adjustment of the neck but i dont wont to muck around with that. And at the moment i just use light strings.
Fuckall
n0ob

Post by Fuckall »

i use GHS TnT's but I like the tension tight.. I play mostly in standard, but they handle detuning to C pretty well.. they are a little on the loose side, but its not crazy loose.. thats on a strat scale w/ 22 frets not that I think it would make a huge difference on something else. You'll probably have to play around with different string guages until you figure out what works for you and what you play most. But generally speaking as its been said already.. use heavier strings if downtuning.
anty
I will fuck you up

Post by anty »

I used to go into drop c alot but now i work in c#. Ive grown tired of the one finger bar chords

Its ok but now it just doesnt seem heavy enough. Only reason people should tune to drop c is to cover Rammstein

Beyond that, use Zakk Wylde Boomers Lo (.70's)

really good for the drop tunings
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

I use GHS TNT's when playing in D and dropped C tunings, my old band wrote a bunch of tunes in dropped C...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!