Benefit auction for Allen Jager - Pantera/rock poster artist

Talk about anything Pantera related....
champagne
Creampuff

Benefit auction for Allen Jager - Pantera/rock poster artist

Post by champagne »

Some of you know Allen Jaeger’s work. There is a special series of auctions that I want all of the Hank 3, Superjoint Ritual, and Pantera fans to know about. Allen Jaeger is one the leading rock poster artists today and I am fortunate to call him my friend. Jaeger lived in Kenner, LA which is one of several places that were severely damaged by hurricane Katrina. Jaeger and his family were some of the lucky ones in that all of them survived, but almost everything they had was completely destroyed. All of Allen Jaeger’s printing shop was completely destroyed. Jaeger is one of the few artists that handles every aspect of his business – from the initial design to the final printing, he does everything himself. His artwork has always been a limited production, one-man operation, therefore his work has typically been a bit more expensive than many of the other artists in his field.

Since Katrina, Jaeger has relocated to Houston to start his career over. He returned to Kenner to salvage what he could and then returned to Houston. Upon retreating to Houston, he got stuck in hurricane Rita’s projected path and could not leave due to the mass evacuations, so he unfortunately had to ride out hurricane Rita in Houston. He did not stay by choice.

I have decided to take some of my personal items from my collection and put them on eBay to help raise some money for Jaeger to help with some of his restarting costs. Over the past year, Jaeger and I have become good friends. He has been very generous to me with his artwork. Well, my friend needs help starting over. Jaeger is the type person who the media doesn’t focus on - people that are not asking for a hand-out. He just wants to get his life re-started. That is why I wanted to make these announcements on various internet boards: I want as many people as possible to know about this before I post these items on eBay. Plus, it gives a “heads-up” to all the hard-core fans. All of the money raised by these auctions will go directly to Allen Jaeger. Friends, every bit counts. I am from Baton Rouge, LA but I currently reside in Atlanta, GA. New Orleans has been a part of my life since day one. Several friends of mine have lost everything. I am just trying to help my friends in various ways because I have only so much cash to give.

We are trying to surprise Allen with the money raised from these auctions. His art is treasured by musicians and fans alike. After all of the auctions have ended, I will try to get Jaeger to acknowledge on his website that he received the money raised from these auctions. Hank III is aware of these auctions, and autographed several items in early September specifically for this purpose.

Here is some info about the items that will be auctioned on eBay. I am taking 7 items that I bought from the artist or were given to me by the artist themselves. All items are Hank 3 related and some are SJR related. One item is a poster by Drowning Creek Studios. All other items are by Allen Jaeger. All items are signed by the artists and by Hank 3 – I obtained all the Hank 3 signatures personally. I will post the auctions over the next several weeks until all 7 items are auctioned off. I will make an announcement on this message board before each auction starts, and will post a detailed description of each item on eBay. I am going to pay the eBay fees, and my friend Jethro will be covering the PayPal fees. After all the auctions are done, I will post statements on these message boards about how much money was raised, etc.

At the end of an auction, if you placed a bid on an item and didn’t win, you can still help out Jaeger in another way. Go to www.allenjaeger.com and check out his artwork. Request his prices on his catalog and buy a poster that you like. If you do not see any poster or band that you like – then buy a poster for a friend who digs one of the bands or that type of artwork for a birthday or X-mas present. This way you know that your cash will go directly to someone who needs a hand due to this disaster.

I would like to thank you in advance for helping out my friend in this difficult time.
Also, thanks to my friends Jethro, Wonka, Steve, the Hank 3 moderators, and Hank 3 for helping me coordinate this cause. Without their help, this would be even more difficult to pull off.

Sincerely,
Champagne

These quotes are taken from the ART OF MODERN ROCK-THE POSTER EXPLOSION printed by Chronicle Books, authors D. King and P. Grushkin

“Well, there are very few contemporary artists doing sophisticated serigraphs that can make a screen-printed poster look as detailed and richly layered as his.” P. 247

“His craftsmanship is simply too great not for him to be fully appreciated.” P.249

http://www.artofmodernrock.com/
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

too lazy to read all that. Post some of the covers he's done and maybe I'll give a fuck.
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

I never knew it was him that done that, thats a pretty cool piece of work.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Causarius
Creampuff Sr.

Post by Causarius »

Looks pretty slick :tup:
champagne
Creampuff

Benefit auction for Allen Jaeger - N.O. rock poster artist

Post by champagne »

I have posted this message or similar on various internet boards yesterday. I posted the message on band boards whom Jaeger has done a few posters for. Of course, some people believe this is a scam. I understand that and hold no grudges against them. I was thinking there may be no way to surprise Jaeger. I was thinking a way how can I convince everyone that this is not a scam.

So to make this official, I propose this:
Whoever wins the auction will send Jaeger a postal money order to his P.O. Box. Here it is:
Allen Jaeger Jr.
PO BOX 570971
Houston , TX
77257-0971

This way eliminates several potential problems:
I will never touch the money personally. The money will go directly to Jaeger. (Once he receives the money order, he'll contact me and I will mail out the artwork in a poster tube. None of these items are folded.) This will eliminate Paypal fees that Jethro would incur. I will pay the eBay fees and postage. I hope this will convince people that this the real deal. I am just trying to help my friend as best as I can since I am in Atlanta. As III would say "It's as simple as that."

There may be more items coming up beside my own. Others have offered to donate items for this purpose. Those offers are appreciated and will be looked into further.

Thanks for your attention to this matter. I have no internet at home so all of this has to be taken care during work hours. I will check my email to see if any questions need answering during the work day (I am slammed at work right now so it may take some time to answer any questions.)

If you still think this is a scam, then go to his official website (www.allenjaeger.com) and request a price list of his catalog. He will send you his P.O. box address. I just sent him a order and he told me that he received it. The P.O. Box listed above should be correct. It may take him a while to answer - he left for N.O. yesterday to check on things. He will be back to answer his email when his trip is completed (I do not know how long he will be gone). Please do not mention the eBay auction to him. If you think he does not know me, then tell him that you heard his website from me and ask him if I know him or something like that. I'm trying to keep him from knowing about this until the auctions are well underway.

Jethro and I have hammered out the eBay details and such.
Here they are.

October 16th, 2005 – Sunday night
The 1st and 2nd items will go up on eBay. It will run for a 7 days.

October 23rd, 2005 – Sunday night
The 3rd and 4th items will go up on eBay. It will run for 7 days.

October 30th, 2005 – Sunday night
The 5th, 6th, and 7th items will go up on eBay. It will run for 10 days.

A detailed description will be given and references where people can verify that this auction is the real deal. (I have asked a business to put a message in their blog section. I will post an outcome to this. Permission is needed before I can proceed to release their name.)

If you check the Piss Army board (Ministry website) I’ve posted the same message.
Al Jourgensen’s wife, Mrs.Jay, posted a message for me to contact her. I already did. Today, I am going to private message again begging her to get Ministry to put a message on their main website since not everyone goes into these forums. They offered to donate some Ministry posters. That would be absolutely incredible.

Also, Jaeger is on myspace.com http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... BF57148904
I am on there also. Same user name: CHAMPAGNE

I am asking for the Pantera fans help. It doesn’t cost you a dime. Talk about this auction – we have about a week. Tell your friends. Tell your friends that you post to on other band boards. Send emails to internet radiostations that play hard rock, metal, etc. Send emails to KNAC.com, blabbermouth.net, and gigposters.com. Tell your friends who are into artrock, rock music, friends on myspace.com, etc. I can not do this alone. Make it a point to once a day ask someone if they know about Hank 3/Jaeger benefit poster auction coming up. Start up a conversation at work and tell them about the posts. I am trying to get this out beyond “internetland”. These are just suggestions. I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE SENDING CHAIN EMAILS. EVERYONE HATES THOSE DAMN THINGS. I want to build up some attention to these auctions. (Again, I will never see the money).

Allen doesn’t have his mailing address on his web site and I believe that Jaeger’s website is maintained in another state. The Houston P.O. box is the one he gave me recently.

This is a D.I.Y. thing. The “true punk mentality” isn’t dead – we’re just older, smarter, and using technology.

I ask that this post be highly visble in the board section.
I thank you for your time and consideration.
It means a lot to me.
CHAMPAGNE
goshua
arfweazelx3!!!

Post by goshua »

:lll:
Edna Bodine wrote:The Mayor Rubbing His Penis on Cars in the Mall Parking Lot
Bukkake Tsunami wrote:Happy Birthday let's slam clams you fucking hunk.
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

the dude's a good artist :tup:
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

that down poster is fucking gay.
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

I met Allen at the House of Shock in 2002, he's a cool guy :tup: I'll take a look at this later on and see what I can do.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
Eibon
Umeå Hardcore

Post by Eibon »

His art is great! but nobody can ever beat Pushead
som en grop fylld av blinda hundar som äter sin egen avföring. en avgrund där stanken är så tät att man inte kan andas.
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

Bukkake Tsunami wrote:that down poster is fucking gay.
I bet you can do better :roll:
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

buck satan wrote:
I bet you can do better :roll:
give me some crayons bitch.
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
champagne
Creampuff

auction update - 10/13/05

Post by champagne »

Hey everyone...

I talked to Jaeger - he knows about the auction. He wasn't expecting this.
He updated his website to show his new P.O. box address.

I'm organizing the finishing details - i will post one final post prior to the auctions beginning on the 16th

thanks

CHAMPAGNE
RE-ED
SAQZAPPER

Post by RE-ED »

But what about all the black looters that hate PanterA/ALL metal? Don't they deserve something too, rather than an amply gifted artist that runs his own biz?
champagne
Creampuff

Auctions (round 1) starts Sunday evening - the 16th.

Post by champagne »

Ok, the first round of auctions (out of three) will start Sunday evening, the 16th. In the first block, there will be 5 posters. All posters are by Allen Jaeger. It will run for a week. There will be some rare items. If you dig SJR, I suggest you look.

The second round of auctions start on the 23rd, and the last round starts on the 30th. The Misfits skateboard will be in week 3. There will be some Hank 3 items every week. There will be more surprises in the following 2 weeks.

Allen has updated his website to show his new mailing address. Thanks to all the fans for their attention and spreading the word about these auctions. Special thanks to Jethro. None of this would be possible without his help.

CHAMPAGNE
champagne
Creampuff

Round one of auctions under way - 10/17/05

Post by champagne »

easiest way to view all the benefit auctions at once

in search box - type "Jaeger auction"

then all 5 will show up

thanks for looking

CHAMPAGNE
champagne
Creampuff

ebay items revised - 10/18/05

Post by champagne »

we revised the ebay auctions w/better pictures

CHAMPAGNE
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

I still don't care. Stop advertising.
Alfie
Site Admin

Post by Alfie »

Wheres the Pantera posters?
renosux
n0ob

Post by renosux »

Just like BAHSTON. :fu:
champagne
Creampuff

ebay link for jaeger auction

Post by champagne »

here's the link to the auctions

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmember557423QQhtZ-1

CHAMPAGNE
Alfie
Site Admin

Post by Alfie »

Alfie wrote:Wheres the Pantera posters?
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

Alfie wrote:
Alfie wrote:Wheres the Pantera posters?
look at my earlier post
champagne
Creampuff

MINISTRY donates posters for benefit auction- 10/20/05

Post by champagne »

The question of shipping and handling outside the US has come up a few times. I can not cover these charges because they are too high. (I checked yesterday at the post office. To get a poster tube within one business week will cost approximately 35 US dollars, it was approximately 25 US dollars to receive the poster tube in 4-6 weeks - that is insane!) The buyer will have to pay these charges. It is stated in the eBay shipping section. I will check with Fed Ex / UPS / etc. to see what their approximate fees would be to. Hopefully it will be cheaper.

MINISTRY has donated 6 Jaeger posters with Al Jourgensen’s signature on it. Here is the link: (scroll down to read his wife’s reply):
http://www.pissarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=7304

I haven’t received the posters yet – hopefully I get them today or tomorrow so we can put some up for the 2nd round of auctions.

CHAMPAGNE

ps - as of today - there will be NO pantera posters for this benefit auction
but there will be the slayer poster in BUCK SATAN's 1st post- it will be in the 3rd round of auctions
champagne
Creampuff

2nd round of benefit auctions starts Sunday night - 10/23/05

Post by champagne »

I received the 6 autographed Ministry posters today.
In the second round, there will be 6 items up on Sunday. Three of them will be the Ministry posters. The other 3 Ministry posters will be included in the third round of auctions. Week 3 will have a lot of posters. Thanks to MINISTRY for donating the 6 autographed posters to help raise $ for Jaeger.
Round one ends this sunday night. Any item that doesn't sell will be put up again the following week.
Thanks.
CHAMPAGNE
champagne
Creampuff

ebay has problem w/charity this benefit auction - 10/21/05

Post by champagne »

Ebay has removed the listing for Jaeger auction #3. Ebay told me that I can’t do a charity auction unless I have permission on some official documentation. So I have revised the other 2 items that haven’t been bidded on. Ebay could possibly take down the other items. If this happens, I will repost the posters affected this Sunday night with a different written description (I can not state in the description that this is a benefit auction.) I apologize for this. All proceeds from these auctions will go directly to Allen Jaeger. The payment directions will still be the same.

So there will be at least seven items going up on ebay this Sunday night.
CHAMPAGNE
Alfie
Site Admin

Post by Alfie »

Alfie wrote:
Alfie wrote:Wheres the Pantera posters FOR SALE
champagne
Creampuff

pantera posters

Post by champagne »

AGAIN - there are NO pantera posters that will go up on ebay

AGAIN - go to allenjaeger.com and email him to see if he has any pantera posters

read the orginial post

CHAMPAGNE
champagne
Creampuff

Round two of auctions start tonight - 10/23/05

Post by champagne »

the first round of auctions end tonight

the second round start late tonight - all items will be posted
by 10PM eastern time - it will run for a week

there are 3 autographed Ministry posters, 2 by Allen Jaeger
all 3 signed by Al Jourgensen of Ministry
special thanks to Ministry for their donation
the other three posters they donated will go up on ebay during the round three of these benefit auctions

i will check into more shipping options - haven't found any cheaper alternatives; a suggestion came from the Ministry webstore so I am going to check that option out - thanks

these are really incredible silkscreen posters - these are very limited prints
i will post link tomorrow for auction or type in “jaeger auction” in ebay search engine

CHAMPAGNE
champagne
Creampuff

link to 2nd week's auction

Post by champagne »

here is the link to this week's auctions

CHAMPAGNE
champagne
Creampuff

info for round three

Post by champagne »

There will be some really cool posters in the third round of benefit auctions.
There is a Slayer poster and a rare promo Rob Zombie/Mastodon poster. You don’t see this version of Jaeger’s work too often. And the brand new Misfits skateboard.

these will appear on ebay sunday night

there have been questions of overseas shipping – best way to get an accurate quote is to private message me and we can go from there

CHAMPAGNE
champagne
Creampuff

3rd round of auctions ending soon

Post by champagne »

the last round of auctions end this wednesday night , Nov. 9th.

Here is the link:

thanks

CHAMPAGNE