I've always wanted to know.....

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
..::MissBathory::..
Far Beyond Driven

I've always wanted to know.....

Post by ..::MissBathory::.. »

Why does Dimebag's guitar have that very distinct sound? Kinda like a screeching, and it also sounds heavier and chunkier. Someone told me it was because of the pickups he used. Does anyone know why it sounds the way it does?
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Re: I've always wanted to know.....

Post by dead forever »

..::MissBathory::.. wrote:Why does Dimebag's guitar have that very distinct sound? Kinda like a screeching, and it also sounds heavier and chunkier. Someone told me it was because of the pickups he used. Does anyone know why it sounds the way it does?

its made out of cheese instead of wood.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Cause my heart is in ohio!!!!!
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

Gnarkiller wrote:Cause my heart is in ohio!!!!!
:lol: :lol:

no its cause his pickups/distortions/amps that he used. plus he would do some crazy sounding harmonics, along with a lot of whammy bar crap
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

..::MissBathory::.. wrote:Why does Dimebag's guitar have that very distinct sound? Kinda like a screeching, and it also sounds heavier and chunkier. Someone told me it was because of the pickups he used. Does anyone know why it sounds the way it does?
That screaming sound is when he drops the whammy bar, hits a natural harmonic and then pulls it right up SQUEEEEEEEEEEE :aargh:
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

:lol: because he wanted it to sound that way. stupid.
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

dead forever wrote:

:lol:

rack equipment

heavier and chunky = string tunings
Fuck Ole Miss
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

not many people know this, but dimebag's studio guitar sounds are actually created digitally using power tab editor.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Spoke
The Burt-er

Post by Spoke »

DBS wrote:not many people know this, but dimebag's studio guitar sounds are actually created digitally using power tab editor.
Correct. They are then exported to a MIDI file, Vinnie lays down some drum tracks, and BOOM, Vulgar Display of Power is complete.
[quote="BaptizedBurning"]randy (rhoads) can't be the greatest, because slash already is.[/quote]
[quote="Rage"]You're the John Cena of the PBB.[/quote]
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Aeon_Spoke wrote:
DBS wrote:not many people know this, but dimebag's studio guitar sounds are actually created digitally using power tab editor.
Correct. They are then exported to a MIDI file, Vinnie lays down some drum tracks, and BOOM, Vulgar Display of Power is complete.
Well Fuck me to tears! I thought he used a 1985 E. Brown flux capacitor! :x
Far Beyond Driven

dead forever wrote:

I thought that might have been the reason!
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

wtf? he did lay down tracks through an amp though right?
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

Gor-Gor wrote:

Spoke
The Burt-er

Post by Spoke »

Gor-Gor wrote:

There was no need. As DBS, and to a lesser extent, I, mentioned earlier, Power Tab's export to MIDI feature virtually eliminates the need for guitars and amps altogether when recording. I bet half of the albums you own were recorded with Power Tab instead of guitars.
[quote="BaptizedBurning"]randy (rhoads) can't be the greatest, because slash already is.[/quote]
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

Chris wrote:
Gor-Gor wrote:

i dont see the humor.
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Chris wrote:
Gor-Gor wrote:

Spoke
The Burt-er

Post by Spoke »

Gor-Gor wrote:
Chris wrote:
Gor-Gor wrote:

i dont see the humor.
:lll:
Wez
Welshnigger

Post by Wez »

Gor-Gor wrote:
Chris wrote:
Gor-Gor wrote:

i dont see the humor.
Myself as a musician retard sees the humour.
heavymetalsoldier666 wrote:No! I am ready to beat someone into a coma.
cottonmouth wrote:I heard the same thing about slurping, but somehow these fuckers can slurp anything, like a sandwich or an apple
tgstk2
Far Beyond Driven

Post by tgstk2 »

i thought he always layed down one chorus pre chorus etc..and than they just copy and paste teh parts...
** Mr. Rackman **
http://www.freewebs.com/frust
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

Cos hes better than you in every possible way
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

TK wrote:
Aeon_Spoke wrote:
Well Fuck me to tears! I thought he used a 1985 E. Brown flux capacitor! :x
dont start that shit again :lol:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Gor-Gor wrote:

incorrect. by tabbing his songs out on power tab editor version 1.7, dimebag was able to create his distinctive tone without the difficulty of using amplification/rigs/recording tools etc. during tyhe cowboys days, when pantera was hard up for cash, power tab saved the band. dime was able to create memorable riffs, tones and solos using advanced computer software. it wasnt until the band gained reputation and higher paid gigs that they were able to afford the high quality gear to recreate the sounds on the road. however, a traditionalist who wanted to stick to his roots, dime used power tablature editor for all officially released recordings aside from 101 proof and reinventing the steel. dimebag was bought from power tab by guitar pro, much in the same way he changed from dean to washburn. the advantage with using guitar pro on top of power tab was that vinnie could, if he so chose, also use the computer software to create his album recordings, and saved mass amounts of time and money. this is what gives rts its distinctive sound and power.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

You guys are just fucking retarded.
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

DBS wrote:
Gor-Gor wrote:

incorrect. by tabbing his songs out on power tab editor version 1.7, dimebag was able to create his distinctive tone without the difficulty of using amplification/rigs/recording tools etc. during tyhe cowboys days, when pantera was hard up for cash, power tab saved the band. dime was able to create memorable riffs, tones and solos using advanced computer software. it wasnt until the band gained reputation and higher paid gigs that they were able to afford the high quality gear to recreate the sounds on the road. however, a traditionalist who wanted to stick to his roots, dime used power tablature editor for all officially released recordings aside from 101 proof and reinventing the steel. dimebag was bought from power tab by guitar pro, much in the same way he changed from dean to washburn. the advantage with using guitar pro on top of power tab was that vinnie could, if he so chose, also use the computer software to create his album recordings, and saved mass amounts of time and money. this is what gives rts its distinctive sound and power.
DBS you are so full of shit, it's unreal :lol:
RE-ED
SAQZAPPER

Post by RE-ED »

A big white American dick in your slanted cooch made you squeal like that. :|):
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

You know, if a guy had made a topic asking "How do I get Dimebag's tone?" you'd all be dropping references to Randall amps, speakers, EQ settings, pick-ups, picks he uses, right down to what kind of fucking guitar polish he used and talking shop like a bunch audio dorks. A girl asks the question and you tools act like it's the dumbest question in the world.

Elitist fucks. :roll:
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Far Beyond Driven

Pflöyd wrote:You know, if a guy had made a topic asking "How do I get Dimebag's tone?" you'd all be dropping references to Randall amps, speakers, EQ settings, pick-ups, picks he uses, right down to what kind of fucking guitar polish he used and talking shop like a bunch audio dorks. A girl asks the question and you tools act like it's the dumbest question in the world.

THANK YOU!
Far Beyond Driven

Watw-Drums wrote:
Cos hes better than you in every possible way
I don't doubt that for one second!

Although i have to say, my left elbow is better than his!
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Randall 200 watt amp modded with a 1985 E. Brown Flux capacitor,and modded gain channel with 5 12ax7 preamp tubes.

The fact is,nobody exept dime knows.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Pflöyd wrote:You know, if a guy had made a topic asking "How do I get Dimebag's tone?" you'd all be dropping references to Randall amps, speakers, EQ settings, pick-ups, picks he uses, right down to what kind of fucking guitar polish he used and talking shop like a bunch audio dorks. A girl asks the question and you tools act like it's the dumbest question in the world.

She didn't ask how to get Dimebag's tone, she asked how Dimebag made that "screeching" sound.
cottonmouth
I will fuck you up

Post by cottonmouth »

who cares show us your tits huhhuh
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Aeon wrote: She didn't ask how to get Dimebag's tone, she asked how Dimebag made that "screeching" sound.
Why does Dimebag's guitar have that very distinct sound? Kinda like a screeching, and it also sounds heavier and chunkier. Someone told me it was because of the pickups he used. Does anyone know why it sounds the way it does?
I know reading comprehension isn't something that is often practiced on this board with any amount of proficiency, but give me a break.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

It's OK, I still love you.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:Cause my heart is in ohio!!!!!

no its cause his pickups/distortions/amps that he used. plus he would do some crazy sounding harmonics, along with a lot of whammy bar crap
croninburg wrote:
That screaming sound is when he drops the whammy bar, hits a natural harmonic and then pulls it right up SQUEEEEEEEEEEE :aargh:
Tweel wrote:
dead forever wrote:

rack equipment

heavier and chunky = string tunings
Far Beyond Driven

Aeon wrote:

She didn't ask how to get Dimebag's tone, she asked how Dimebag made that "screeching" sound.
"screeching" is the description of a tone.....so Pfloyd was correct
EMAN666
Creampuff

Post by EMAN666 »

its just dimebag, if dime could plug into ne1 of ur rigs it would sound that way, or ud plug into his and think "o it sounds diffo". no amount of money and gear will get u dimes sound, unless ur dime
Grimm
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Grimm »

[quote="EMAN666"]its just dimebag, if dime could plug into ne1 of ur rigs it would sound that way, or ud plug into his and think "o it sounds diffo". no amount of money and gear will get u dimes sound, unless ur dime[/quote

Are you a fucking mong or do you always type this way.
In Koving Memory Of Josh.
insurgent89
Creampuff Sr.

Post by insurgent89 »

EMAN666 wrote:its just dimebag, if dime could plug into ne1 of ur rigs it would sound that way, or ud plug into his and think "o it sounds diffo". no amount of money and gear will get u dimes sound, unless ur dime
very true. but just so you know he used dean/washburn guitars with wierd shapes, he used bill lawrence/ symore duncan pickups with the bridge pickup flipped for more bite, through mxr eq, and into randall solid state amps.
Go To www.myspace.com/soulcrusher6669 to check out my band.
vulgar_swede
Vulgar Bastard

Post by vulgar_swede »

DBS wrote:
Gor-Gor wrote:

If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

..::MissBathory::.. wrote:
Aeon wrote:

"screeching" is the description of a tone.....so Pfloyd was correct
it's a fucking horrible description..
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."