Dime/progressing as a guitar player

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
RE-ED
SAQZAPPER

Post by RE-ED »

Ennis, Montana :lol: :fu:
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

the_cricket wrote:Brad gillis invented all of the whammy techniques that dimebag darrel used. But you are right, it is about the music. The music was good. But no, really, his solos and riffing were lamost enver in one key, and don't amke sense musically. Notice everythings tabbed, not written out formally?
who gives a shit? he made great music, and great music isnt when you stick to one key and make sure everything makes sense to some nerd like you. stop being a fucking cuntrag and realize that youre an idiot, idiot.
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

he had long hair and heavy metal shorts.

dime > you.
[quote="richard"]i felt i was on the earth exept it was a woman[/quote]
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

its funny that everybody loved dime and this asshole's still trying to make him look bad :fu:
Individual Thought Patterns
the_cricket
Creampuff

Post by the_cricket »

you guys are nuts. Pantera wasnt that great. THey juts hopped on the thrash train because they realized glam was gay. Yoiu all need a wakeup call
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

the_cricket wrote:you guys are nuts. Pantera wasnt that great. THey juts hopped on the thrash train because they realized glam was gay. Yoiu all need a wakeup call

you need castration via barraccuda
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

the_cricket wrote:you guys are nuts. Pantera wasnt that great. THey juts hopped on the thrash train because they realized glam was gay. Yoiu all need a wakeup call
:roll: ok

pantera wasnt even thrash, retard
vulgar_swede
Vulgar Bastard

Post by vulgar_swede »

This dude is actually extremely stupid. :shock:
If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

warhead dime wrote:

To be fair, CFH was pretty much thrash. It's also a little fucked up how their style went from glam to what they became soon after in such a short amount of time. People complain that metallica changed too much between The Black Album and Load, but look at Pantera. They still rule though.
..::MissBathory::..
Far Beyond Driven

Post by ..::MissBathory::.. »

the_cricket wrote:But no, really, his solos and riffing were almost never in one key, and don't make sense musically. Notice everythings tabbed, not written out formally?
Like i said, music is a feeling. And a feeling doesn't have to make sense nor does it stay in "one key". The best feelings are the ones that run wild, don't follow any rules or logic, and even seems as if it shouldn't be. With that being said, nothing to do with music should ever be "formal".
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

pantera wasnt thrash. they changed styles drastically, yes. so fucking what? if they kept on the same track we'd never have heard 5 of the greatest albums ever made. and who gives a shit if dime's music doesn't 'make sense musically.' id rather listen to a pantera song than listen to you play correctly structured songs that are played within the boundaries of your musical beliefs. lighten up you fucking flid. if you think music should sound a certain way, then you are the one who needs a wakeup call. if your upset by how much people enjoy pantera, get the fuck over it. we arent telling you to listen to it. are you upset that dime gets more credit than those who you believe are musically superior than him? tough shit. the number of people who adore dime and pantera compared to vai is credit to their originality. music isnt about how well you play an instrument, its how it connects with an audience - however gay or fucking cheesy that sounds its true.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
iron_tusk
Im Broken

Post by iron_tusk »

PANTERA WERE NEVER THRASH.

cfh wasnt thrash :x
http://www.last.fm/user/ether3al

"I walk whenever the weather provides
Everybody needs some time outside"
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Avulsed wrote:
warhead dime wrote:

To be fair, CFH was pretty much thrash. It's also a little fucked up how their style went from glam to what they became soon after in such a short amount of time. People complain that metallica changed too much between The Black Album and Load, but look at Pantera. They still rule though.
it had some thrashy parts but you wouldnt really consider them a thrash metal band. its just part of their sound. not who they are as a band though.
FatRufusFucksYou
Hail Dimebag

Post by FatRufusFucksYou »

blazing technique is much like fireworks show... amazing and awe-inspiring at first... but boring after 5 minutes.

Now, a good mixture of talent and technique, i.e. Darrel Abbot, is too hard to find. And we lost him.

Faggot... :fu: [/i]
strengthbeyondstrength
Far Beyond Driven

Post by strengthbeyondstrength »

Well fucking put fat rufus. Some dipshits just don't get it.
socialparasite
Creampuff

Post by socialparasite »

the_cricket wrote:You guys are blinded by your love for pantera that you do not see that he really wasnt that great. All he did was hop on the thrash train and cop other peoples shit. his songs are enver in one key, he knows nothing about music theory. Vinnie was the best musician in pantera. Obviously , you are all stuck in this dime rut and will never go anywhere. emulation is the highest form of flateery, and the highest form of stupidity.
Jimmi Hendrix did not know theory either. Theory can be a plus but not necessary on the guitar like other instruments. I have met guys that know more theory then what they can actually play go figure. I can respect steve via and guitar hero's genere type of music but those guys will never make a decent song with a singer. Most of the stuff those guys plays are scales, scales, scales, and more scales, its cool to know oyur scales they help out but its not cool to play them over and over through a 5 minute jam. I have nothing against shred and like it small amounts not 10 minutes. I think this is why shred has died because people got tired of hearing it. Most non guitar playing people focus on riffs. Riffs are the heart of the song the solo just adds if used right in the formula. I think its important as a guitar player to listen to a diverse amount of guitar players.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

This thread is almost as bad as a jerry springer show.
Fuckall
n0ob

Post by Fuckall »

Guys like Vai, Satriani, Malmsteen, petrucci, whatever.. have technique down.. They play crazy fast and thats about it. Playing isnt about being the most technically proficient its about expressing feeling.

I'll be the first to admit, some of dimes solo's do border on noise.. but I get a kick out of listening to Dime's work 10 times out of 10 over any of those other four guys i mentioned because its interesting to listen to. And on FIRST listen you literally diddnt know what was next. Unlike with the four guys i mentioned at the top of my post.. you pretty much know exactly where they are going.

I think most people agree that Stevie Ray Vaughn was one of the best guitarists as well and he knew 0 theory.

my 2 cents.
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

the_cricket wrote:Brad gillis invented all of the whammy techniques that dimebag darrel used. But you are right, it is about the music. The music was good. But no, really, his solos and riffing were lamost enver in one key, and don't amke sense musically. Notice everythings tabbed, not written out formally?
have you ever heard Floods?

tell me how that isnt musical in anyway
[quote="Aeon"]I don't remember making this thread. Fuck, I don't even like Down. :lol:[/quote]
vulgar_swede
Vulgar Bastard

Post by vulgar_swede »

M.I.A wrote:
have you ever heard Floods?

tell me how that isnt musical in anyway
:tup:
If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
anty
I will fuck you up

Post by anty »

Look guys, its someone here to piss you off, testing your patience. If not the guy really is an idiot. Apart from trying to come across nice and respectful he says Dime was less than basic (in his big fancy legomatic terminology). If he is being truthful I hope he gets raped in the ass with a guitar until the strings shred his colon.

You dont come onto a board and say you should really listen to this because its not predictable, well in my view Vai is a boring musician, as well as petrucci at times (not a dream theater fan).

They're only looked so highly upon because some poseur classical kids think they are now all hard rock because they heard Vai use a haevy riff alongside 19 minutes of great buggaring bullshit. There is only so far guitarists can amaze me with a solo, but after awhile it gets boring to watch.

Anyways im going to drink less and wish for that mans second castration as they missed the dickhead.
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Go catch AIDS. :fu:
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

<THe_FeAR> wrote:Go catch AIDS. :fu:
stop reviving old threads
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Crow
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Crow »

you say your a huge fan, then go on to bag the guy. your an absolute retard, fucks me what response you were hoping for..."oh your right dime is shit, ive been wastin my life listenin to this rubbish". and i'm not some pantera obsessed asshole blinded by love for the group. i just dont like you...fuck off :fu:
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
<THe_FeAR> wrote:Go catch AIDS. :fu:
stop reviving old threads
What, what?