Has anyone identified

Talk about anything Pantera related....
Leviathan
Lynch Mob

Has anyone identified

Post by Leviathan »

the source show of each song on Official Live (or any of them)?
phil is still part of the brotherhood no matter what dumb fucking idiots may think.
he was pantera just like you and me
aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Re: Has anyone identified

Post by aggressor_27 »

It's hard to say, apparently Phil said a lot of the same shit at every show. Like the "bullshit breath" thing and break in This Love, among other stuff. He did all that during the show I went to but I've seen other people say the same thing about shows they went to during their 96-97 tours. I've seen a lot of speculation over the years, but nothing official has been released that I've seen.
I like big black men.

Last edited by aggressor_27 on Tue Jun 6, 1944 6:30 am, edited 101 times in total.
Leviathan
Lynch Mob

Post by Leviathan »

jerrycurljuice needs to use his beautiful mind and watch every bootleg from those tours, to try and figure it out.
phil is still part of the brotherhood no matter what dumb fucking idiots may think.
aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

You don't want that. He'll go into a tanget midway through about Rich Wart and Meshuggamuh. It would be pretty cool to know what track(s) they pulled from their Phoenix show, though.
I like big black men.

Last edited by aggressor_27 on Tue Jun 6, 1944 6:30 am, edited 101 times in total.
Leviathan
Lynch Mob

Post by Leviathan »

Was it you who said they went to New Year’s Evil in ‘98? There’s a bootleg of Pantera’s performance from that on youtube. I had forgotten that Phil broke his mic during Mouth for War, and they had to restart the song. I remembered the fires.
aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

Whichever one was in Phoenix. Megadeath and Slayer were there. I believe it had Soulfly there as well. Ozzy was like ten minutes late with the countdown but he did it any way :lol:

Yeah, looks like it was this one.

https://www.last.fm/festival/919120+New ... vil/lineup

It was in a newly built baseball stadium. It was the first show or first opening there, first something. I don't remember too much about the show. Just that the fans were trying to get Soulfly to play some Sepultura tracks, chanting Chaos AD or some shit, which they usually did at smaller venues. Larger venues in Phoenix don't mess around with that though.

They shut down a show at the Desert Sky Pavillion that Type O was headlining because Chino was a bitch and wanted to do Slayer covers. We tore that shit up and I almost got smashed by a full ass cabinet. My buddy got symbols or some shit. I was a pussy and didn't wanna go on stage to swipe anything because shit was flying everywhere. Josh Silver came out briefly, he looked pissed. I heard Typo beat Def Tones or Chino's ass over it but I dunno how true that is.

Back to NYE, I do remember being bored during Slayer, I've always been on the fence with them but that particular night I just wasn't feeling it. Not sure if I was in a mood or what but I really wasn't having any fun and remember wanting to straight up leave and my friends telling me to stop being a bitch. We worked our way to the front during Slayer when the crowd broke through and security gave up on dealing with it. Ain't much to say with Megadeth, never been a fan but I remember Dave kept doing something that annoyed me, like constantly shrugging or some shit. He also had a fan on him that had his hair blowing like some romance novel cover. Whatever was up my ass went away when Pantera came on, though. Full energy with their show like every other I saw. I wanna say I've seen them 5 times and loved every one. Dime and Big Val were always good with acknowledging fans and patting them on the backs or pointing them out and shit. The rest were fucking divas in some way. I don't remember much else besides that. Is there a link for the bootleg?
Last edited by aggressor_27 on Sat May 14, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like big black men.

aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

My bad, I see it on youtube. Thanks for the head up :tup:
I like big black men.

aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

I think it was this show we were getting smashed against the barriers up front and a couple big ass bikers and their old ladys came through and started helping us and a few other smaller folks shimmy out to the side of the stage. If this is the same show, Big Val was yelling at local security and pointing at the barriers because a lot of them were getting knocked over. I think it was this show but it could've been the Coal Chamber one too. All my memories on this shit are mashed together :lol:
I like big black men.

aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

So you got me going down memory lane and looking up all this old shit, and I'm pretty sure this is me. Not 100% but I was rocking that same dopey middle-part and wore over-sized tees from Walmart at the time. I remember jumping down about 4 or 5 feet because the cabinets on the next level were getting pushed over. Some dude tapped on me, pointed at them then ran the fuck off :lol: There's honestly no telling with this grainy shit, though
Just after the 1:33 mark
https://youtu.be/lISfv6BHGSs
I like big black men.

aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

I can't remember which show I got this from, but I also have Soulfly and Fear Factory concert tees, too. All my other band tees were bought from stores or websites. I'm honestly surprised they still fit my fat ass. But these tees are well over 20 years old.

I like big black men.

Leviathan
Lynch Mob

Post by Leviathan »

aggressor_27 wrote:So you got me going down memory lane and looking up all this old shit, and I'm pretty sure this is me. Not 100% but I was rocking that same dopey middle-part and wore over-sized tees from Walmart at the time. I remember jumping down about 4 or 5 feet because the cabinets on the next level were getting pushed over. Some dude tapped on me, pointed at them then ran the fuck off :lol: There's honestly no telling with this grainy shit, though
Just after the 1:33 mark
https://youtu.be/lISfv6BHGSs
Never heard about that, hahah. You lived in Phoenix, I take it? I’ve lived in Tucson since ‘93 and went to the NYE show. It was the kickoff for the Sabbath/Pantera tour, and yes, Soulfly was also there. I remember getting swept up in a wave of people during Pantera’s set. A bunch of morons were starting fires in the pits when the roof of the stadium was closed. I recall coughing a lot on my way out after the show.
Leviathan
Lynch Mob

Post by Leviathan »

Cool beard!
aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

Thanks, still got about 5 more months to go before I get it prettied up.

I was in Gilbert at the time so I got to catch a couple big shows like U-Fest, Ozzfest, this one and smaller shows that Pantera would do or Soul Fly since Max lived out in that area. If it's the same show where the bikers swooped in and saved the day then we went from center to far right where we could still see the band. I miss these damn shows. Show up to school or work with whiplash and no fucking voice, sometimes with a fucking knot in my head :lol:
I like big black men.

Leviathan
Lynch Mob

Post by Leviathan »

You probably got that shirt from this show, which I also attended:

It was a day or two after the third home video was released.
aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

Was that the one Coal Chamber played? I think it was the Mesa Amphitheater and I wanna say White Zombie did that show too. I wasn't sure if I got it there or during Ozzfest 97. I just remember some black dude standing by the exit selling them.

Ah, NM. Lineup says it was Coal Chamber and Anthrax. I really don't remember them playing.
I like big black men.