Dimebag guitar technique website, help needed!!!

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Dimebucker
Far Beyond Driven

Dimebag guitar technique website, help needed!!!

Post by Dimebucker »

I'm working to produce the most comprehensive guide to Dimebag's guitar playing ever made.

It'll be in the forms of a non-profit website that will contain a complete study of the evolution of Dime's unique approach to the guitar from Pantera to Damageplan.

Whatever Dime had ever used both live and in the studio, throughout his entire career, I want to document in the hopes that it will provide as much detailed information as possible on his entire technique for musicians hoping to learn from him the way they do other guitar greats such as Hendrix etc.

I'm talking every amp, every pickup, every pedal, the whole thing with detailed pictures, diagrams of his set ups, lessons, interviews with sound engineers, producers or anyone that ever helped Dime rig up his guitar.

I'm funding this entire project myself for no other reason than to keep the spirit of Dime alive in the hearts and minds of other musicians eager to learn from his methods.

It will not be a profit making website and not a cash in on Dimes death. They'll be no subscription fee's to access lessons or any of that bullshit.

I'm looking for other guitarists with the ability to record (and play) lessons and articles for the website and as much information as possible on Dime's shit.

For instance, if I post up a lesson from the Cowboys from Hell album, I'll want the page to also contain pictures and diagrams of what amps, pickups, strings, everything that he used during that period and so on.

Maybe you've got an old guitar magazine with a Dime interview which has dated information of whatever shit he was using at that time? Shit like that would help a GREAT DEAL.

Thanks for reading and if you can help, this buds for you!
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

why?
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

hippy wrote:why?
Dimebucker wrote: to keep the spirit of Dime alive in the hearts and minds of other musicians eager to learn from his methods.
Sounds like a great plan to me. Nice one :tup:
Dimebucker
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dimebucker »

hippy wrote:why?
Because he's a guitar legend.

Musicians can learn from his methods/approach to his instrument and develop their own style along the way (Just as Dime did through his love of Ace Frehley)

Besides, it'll be an inspirational source for guitar playing fans of Dime, why go to another memorial website when you could go to a place that celebrates the man, his musical achievements and encourages others to learn something from the fuckin' master instead of getting even more depressed over his loss?

The only memorial website worth visiting is the official charity that actually does something constructive in his name. I want to do something constructive too.

I've never met Dimebag but he inspired me to pick up a guitar, for that I feel I owe him something. I want to keep the spirit of his playing alive by teaching others about how he approached music, turning new guitar players on to what he did and what he could do as a guitar player.

If you can't understand man why bother wasting your time asking me stupid questions?
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

I think you're doing a very noble thing...but I dont think its a good idea at all.
Get killed.
Dimebucker
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dimebucker »

Jefferino wrote:I think you're doing a very noble thing...but I dont think its a good idea at all.
Thanks but I'm not here looking for opinions or approval, you've all read my messages, you know what I'm asking for.

I dont want my post to become a pole for everyone to hang their bitchy little remarks on. If you can't help or have no interest in helping just browse through the other messages in here and focus on them instead, ignore what I've posted, fighting in message forums is like trying to fuck for virginity.

I'm not trying to be noble. I'm not trying to prove to the world how much 'I love Dime', there's none of that shit in my agenda. As a musician and a long time fan of Dime's work I'd rather do something constructive for him than steal a bunch of photo's from yahoo and produce another DIMEBAG RIP website on geocities.

I'd like to think, once this website is done, a bunch of guitarists can try their best to nail some of the wild shit Dimebag did on his guitar and say 'fuck man, how did he do that?' rather than typing "FUCK NATHAN GALE" in message forums.

Shit like this is very important. Some musicians spend years studying Mozart and Beethoven because they recognise their genius and want to either emulate that or surpass it somehow. What if no-one bothered documenting their work?

It would be a waste to forget everything Dime ever achieved on the guitar, it would be criminal, he deserves more than a dozen or so geocity memorial websites.

I'd hate for Dime to become nothing more than another 'crazy rock personality' for fuckers in suits to laugh at like they do Ozzy.

For the last time, if you have no intention of helping with the production of this website dont bother replying.
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

buy riffer madness and put a bunch of stuff from that on there
Individual Thought Patterns
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

I bet you go and do something stupid like host your website on geocities.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Dimebucker
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dimebucker »

Ahh well, since we're all playing the 'you type something mean, I type something mean' game.......

...get a fuckin' dog up ya you worm lookin' pissers!

No, seriously :D

Ok, a few others, just to get you nice and riled up, y'know, let's make this whole fuckin' thread as childish and as pointless as a retard trying to fuck a doorknob.

Your mothers cunt was your best fuck.

Go take your face for a shit.

I want to unlock your inner child........and rape it!

And most importantly....

........dont hate me because I'm a better guitarist than you :|): You'll advance past Pappa Roach someday, I promise!

No seriously!

Ok, your turn! Yay!!!

:fu: smell ya mutha!
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

this whole thread is a joke
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Good luck on your project.
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

Owned.
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Dimebucker wrote:Ahh well, since we're all playing the 'you type something mean, I type something mean' game.......

...get a fuckin' dog up ya you worm lookin' pissers!

No, seriously :D

Ok, a few others, just to get you nice and riled up, y'know, let's make this whole fuckin' thread as childish and as pointless as a retard trying to fuck a doorknob.

Your mothers cunt was your best fuck.

Go take your face for a shit.

I want to unlock your inner child........and rape it!

And most importantly....

........dont hate me because I'm a better guitarist than you :|): You'll advance past Pappa Roach someday, I promise!

No seriously!

Ok, your turn! Yay!!!

:fu: smell ya mutha!
dont pay attention to them. they just have fun riling you up you old cocksucker
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:Owned.
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:
Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:Owned.
stop it with that picture, its getting fucking old
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Don't blag it. Razor Rob is a legend. That's dynamite in Dime's hand.
Dimebucker
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dimebucker »

Aw, you took time out to post a lil' picture for me too? When ya grow some pubes be sure to follow the grain when you shave you pathologically useless little nit!

As for you hippy, what, you took time out from getting paid to say 'boo!' to terrified kids at the circus to type that....for lil' ole me? Go sue ya mutha ya fat fuck with a sandwich stuck up your ass! My pickup bezels are worth more than you.

No, seriously!

Thanks for letting me upset you - aha aha hahaha

Thanks for the messages of support. Evan Skopp was the first 'company' guy to get in touch with me regarding Dime, he spoke about the never to be seen Dimebucker neck pickup which he and Dime were developing together, I'll post more about that on the site once it's up.

EMG pickups, Line 6 and anyone that uses their products including bolt on guitars suck etc, etc, etc, I sat ya girlfriend ontop of my randall stack - fired a face melting solo up her and her fuckin' cootch wept like a red headed step child, what else? My cocks bigger than your cock, my dad's better than your dad......

Continue.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Sounds cool but it better not be all talk like all the other shit people said they were going to do.

put riffer madness in there with clips. I have looked everywhere for that mag but cant find it, and i hate ordering off the net./
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

dream theater is cool
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Ther are loads of interviews available online where he talks about his playing.
Dimebucker
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dimebucker »

Thanks for the heads up guys but I'm not going to rip anything from Riffer Madness or anything like that. It's going to be a professionally made website with new and original info.

It's easy finding out info on Dime's latest gear on the net but it's the old interviews from the 90's I want. I know alot of the shit he used from back then but it's the little details that I'm looking for.

If you have any old guitar magazines featuring Dime mail me.
Dime
n0ob

Post by Dime »

Dimebucker wrote:Aw, you took time out to post a lil' picture for me too? When ya grow some pubes be sure to follow the grain when you shave you pathologically useless little nit!

As for you hippy, what, you took time out from getting paid to say 'boo!' to terrified kids at the circus to type that....for lil' ole me? Go sue ya mutha ya fat fuck with a sandwich stuck up your ass! My pickup bezels are worth more than you.

No, seriously!

Thanks for the messages of support. Evan Skopp was the first 'company' guy to get in touch with me regarding Dime, he spoke about the never to be seen Dimebucker neck pickup which he and Dime were developing together, I'll post more about that on the site once it's up.

EMG pickups, Line 6 and anyone that uses their products including bolt on guitars suck etc, etc, etc, I sat ya girlfriend ontop of my randall stack - fired a face melting solo up her and her fuckin' cootch wept like a red headed step child, what else? My cocks bigger than your cock, my dad's better than your dad......

Continue.
:lol: he thinks hes tough :lol:
Dimebucker
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Dimebucker »

Dime wrote:
Dimebucker wrote:Aw, you took time out to post a lil' picture for me too? When ya grow some pubes be sure to follow the grain when you shave you pathologically useless little nit!

No, seriously!

Continue.
Listen man, later tonight? When you fall asleep? I'm a' sneak into your bedroom and fart into your fuckin' mouth!

P.S, The logo in your avatar is more pop than Britney Spears.......and I'm better than you!
Dime
n0ob

Post by Dime »

Dimebucker wrote:
Dime wrote:

No, seriously!

Continue.
Listen man, later tonight? When you fall asleep? I'm a' sneak into your bedroom and fart into your fuckin' mouth!

P.S, The logo in your avatar is more pop than Britney Spears.......and I'm better than you!
What the fuck
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Dimebucker wrote:
Jefferino wrote:I think you're doing a very noble thing...but I dont think its a good idea at all.
Thanks but I'm not here looking for opinions or approval, you've all read my messages, you know what I'm asking for.

I dont want my post to become a pole for everyone to hang their bitchy little remarks on. If you can't help or have no interest in helping just browse through the other messages in here and focus on them instead, ignore what I've posted, fighting in message forums is like trying to fuck for virginity.

I'm not trying to be noble. I'm not trying to prove to the world how much 'I love Dime', there's none of that shit in my agenda. As a musician and a long time fan of Dime's work I'd rather do something constructive for him than steal a bunch of photo's from yahoo and produce another DIMEBAG RIP website on geocities.

I'd like to think, once this website is done, a bunch of guitarists can try their best to nail some of the wild shit Dimebag did on his guitar and say 'fuck man, how did he do that?' rather than typing "FUCK NATHAN GALE" in message forums.

Shit like this is very important. Some musicians spend years studying Mozart and Beethoven because they recognise their genius and want to either emulate that or surpass it somehow. What if no-one bothered documenting their work?

It would be a waste to forget everything Dime ever achieved on the guitar, it would be criminal, he deserves more than a dozen or so geocity memorial websites.

I'd hate for Dime to become nothing more than another 'crazy rock personality' for fuckers in suits to laugh at like they do Ozzy.

For the last time, if you have no intention of helping with the production of this website dont bother replying.
I'll reply to whatever the hell I want. You're basically saying you want to disassemble Dime's guitar playing technique for the whole world to see...What about the integrity of letting his techniques go with him to the grave. Pretty soon you're gonna have a bunch of Dimebag wannabe's running around writing Pantera rip off songs, there's so many better ways of keeping his memory alive.
Get killed.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I think it's a cool idea.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

its a good idea but youll get bored and you wont do it. PLus you're a total fucking faggot so im going to say this entire thread is bullshit. go take your faggot attempts to impress somewhere else.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Browns Town
CONSPIRACY

Post by Browns Town »

:lol:
I am a hostile heterosexual male who is very pissed off.
Dime
n0ob

Post by Dime »

dimebucker doesn't know what the fuck he's getting himself into
pantera_chic_01
Creampuff Sr.

Post by pantera_chic_01 »

interesting. I am not the only one thats fucking owned around here. :hit: :fu: :tup:
* I Called Your Boyfriend Gay And He Hit Me With His Purse *
Browns Town
CONSPIRACY

Post by Browns Town »

pantera_chic_01 wrote:interesting. I am not the only one thats fucking owned around here. :hit: :fu: :tup:
Show us your tits, bich
I am a hostile heterosexual male who is very pissed off.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Browns Town wrote:
pantera_chic_01 wrote:interesting. I am not the only one thats fucking owned around here. :hit: :fu: :tup:
Show us your tits, bich*

*&pussy
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]