My bands song! Melodic Death Metal

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

spawn2048 wrote:Would you like to make an informed intellectual comment or just post pictures of you just after you've wet yourself?
the latter
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

DBS wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:Would you like to make an informed intellectual comment or just post pictures of you just after you've wet yourself?
the latter
good, I'm glad - that actually raises the tone of this thread
check out my band: http://www.myspace.com/cenotaphuk
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

spawn2048 wrote:
DBS wrote:
the latter
id like to add that metallash is highly respected in my views and he is correct. you could have done all the fucking sound work and production you liked, but no-one knows who you are and you've achieved nothing. what does that tell me? the fact that you're responsible for the terrible sound on this piece of music shows your failings. when you get a deal or start getting any recognition, come back and shove it up my anus. until then, fuck off and stop thinking you know more than anyone else here.
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

DBS wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:
DBS wrote:
the latter
id like to add that metallash is highly respected in my views and he is correct. you could have done all the fucking sound work and production you liked, but no-one knows who you are and you've achieved nothing. what does that tell me? the fact that you're responsible for the terrible sound on this piece of music shows your failings. when you get a deal or start getting any recognition, come back and shove it up my anus. until then, fuck off and stop thinking you know more than anyone else here.
Ive achieved nothing coz im only 18 for fucks sake, and I've been attempting to obtain an education with no room to expand music beyond an interest until now. As we have already explained most of the shite sound is due to the reduced sample rate and compression that goes into converting wav or cda files into mp3 and also we recorded the whole EP one weekend on a low budget and encountered problems due to other musicians' lack of experience. I have made the offer to send you some real work, so feel free to PM me.

The new mp3 is beeing updated literally as I write this post, I have tried to clean up the sounds and re-master it, and I'm sure you will all like it.

Right, well, getting a deal and recognition.....I'd like to ask you a question.....Who the fuck are you and what have you achieved and why should I respect you? I would like to ask you a second question....who was talking to someone that works for NIN and Godsmacks record lable last night about their band's EP? ME! THATS WHO MOTHERFUCKER

And any way, even if I don't know anything about tone and EQ coz all I do is sit in my bedroom [cough cough 'studio' cough cough] pretending I'm a famous rockstar why then, are metal pickups designed with mid scoops, and metal patches on multi-fx units such as the BOSS GT-6 and the digitech GNX2 designed with mid scoops?
Last edited by spawn2048 on Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

godsmack is really fucking gay
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

DBS wrote:godsmack is really fucking gay
Firstly - you shouldn't use sexuality as a derogative term, its just harsh and unecessary

Secondly, who gives a shit if they are 'gay' because people know who they are and they have achieved things.

Have you? Do people know who you are? What have you achieved?
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

spawn2048 wrote:
Chris wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:
Metallash wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:
aeon wrote:What are your amp settings? Crank your mids and roll back the low-end on the guitar.
Im one of the guitarists in FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast's band and I really hope you're joking about that

Metal tones are achieved by doing exactly the opposite, scoop those mids, scoop scoop scoop those mids and get as much bass and treble out of your guitar, effects, distortion, pre-amp and poweramp as humanly possible!
errr no, thats stupid, the guitars are supposed to take up the mid-range in the spectrum. the scooped sound you are thinking of isnt Bass 10, Mid 0, High 10 when you EQ'd the guitars im guessing you completely took out the mid-range? thing is when EQ'ing and you want that scooped sound you would normally use a thin Q curve and cut at around 500-600Hz.

when scooping i usually roll off 100Hz and below, boost around 250-350Hz a little bit to thicken it up, cut 500-600Hz by about 5-6dB, boost around 2-3KHz a little bit to give it more presence, and then roll off at around 17KHz to get rid of hiss if there is any.
ok, sorry guys, i underestimated some of you - if we are talking guitar EQ on an amp as in bass/mid/treble then mid scoop is what you do for a metal tone. However real EQs that acount for the whole of the frequency spectrum (ie 20Hz to 20kHz) are different.

To get metal tone using an amp, for live sound and recording, there needs to be a boost of treble and bass and a cut of mid (on the amp settings) and when recording the scoop is generally much smaller than live. However, in producion, you generally cut a bit of the low freq, and boost the low mids by a bit and the high mids by a bit more and keep the treble generally flat (unless you want a cutting lead sound)

If you think the tone is crap on the mp3 its coz it has been sampled lower than the traditioanl 44.1kHz (coz thats how mp3s are made folks!) and compressed to buggery to fit on the site.

Come see us live if you wanna hear real metal tone!

your talking shit, if you want your guitar to be heard live you need midrange. if you cut the midrange live, then your guitar is just gonna be lost in a wall of mush with the kick drum and bass. you need midrage to cut through, especially live. the guitar is a midrange instrument, cutting it out is stupid.

and you dont need to cut mids out for a "metal" tone, go listen to slayer.
jesus christ, I am not talking shit. As I already explained the 'mid' knob on an amp does not represent the middle of the frequency spectrum of the whole world, it represents the middle of a guitars frequency spectrum
and your point is? it represents the frequency spectrum of the guitar, which is exactly what were talking about here, the midrange of a guitars frequency.

cutting out some low midrange would clear up the sound, make it less muddy, but to say that you have to "scoop scoop scoop those mids" to get a good tone is ridiculous.

its a guitar, let it have its own space in the mix, let the bass and kick drum handle those frequency's.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

spawn2048 wrote:
Firstly - you shouldn't use sexuality as a derogative term, its just harsh and unecessary
holy shit

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

Chris wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:
Chris wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:
Metallash wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:
aeon wrote:What are your amp settings? Crank your mids and roll back the low-end on the guitar.
Im one of the guitarists in FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast's band and I really hope you're joking about that

Metal tones are achieved by doing exactly the opposite, scoop those mids, scoop scoop scoop those mids and get as much bass and treble out of your guitar, effects, distortion, pre-amp and poweramp as humanly possible!
errr no, thats stupid, the guitars are supposed to take up the mid-range in the spectrum. the scooped sound you are thinking of isnt Bass 10, Mid 0, High 10 when you EQ'd the guitars im guessing you completely took out the mid-range? thing is when EQ'ing and you want that scooped sound you would normally use a thin Q curve and cut at around 500-600Hz.

when scooping i usually roll off 100Hz and below, boost around 250-350Hz a little bit to thicken it up, cut 500-600Hz by about 5-6dB, boost around 2-3KHz a little bit to give it more presence, and then roll off at around 17KHz to get rid of hiss if there is any.
ok, sorry guys, i underestimated some of you - if we are talking guitar EQ on an amp as in bass/mid/treble then mid scoop is what you do for a metal tone. However real EQs that acount for the whole of the frequency spectrum (ie 20Hz to 20kHz) are different.

To get metal tone using an amp, for live sound and recording, there needs to be a boost of treble and bass and a cut of mid (on the amp settings) and when recording the scoop is generally much smaller than live. However, in producion, you generally cut a bit of the low freq, and boost the low mids by a bit and the high mids by a bit more and keep the treble generally flat (unless you want a cutting lead sound)

If you think the tone is crap on the mp3 its coz it has been sampled lower than the traditioanl 44.1kHz (coz thats how mp3s are made folks!) and compressed to buggery to fit on the site.

Come see us live if you wanna hear real metal tone!

your talking shit, if you want your guitar to be heard live you need midrange. if you cut the midrange live, then your guitar is just gonna be lost in a wall of mush with the kick drum and bass. you need midrage to cut through, especially live. the guitar is a midrange instrument, cutting it out is stupid.

and you dont need to cut mids out for a "metal" tone, go listen to slayer.
jesus christ, I am not talking shit. As I already explained the 'mid' knob on an amp does not represent the middle of the frequency spectrum of the whole world, it represents the middle of a guitars frequency spectrum
and your point is? it represents the frequency spectrum of the guitar, which is exactly what were talking about here, the midrange of a guitars frequency.

cutting out some low midrange would clear up the sound, make it less muddy, but to say that you have to "scoop scoop scoop those mids" to get a good tone is ridiculous.

its a guitar, let it have its own space in the mix, let the bass and kick drum handle those frequency's.
right, as far as i could tell people were saying dont cut mid in the whole spectrom from the guitar becasue guitars occupy the middle of the whole freq spec, which i explained I wasn't doing. I was cutting mid from the guitar to make it more defined. ie "cutting out some low midrange would clear up the sound, make it less muddy"

scoop scoop scoopt etc etc, have you ever heard of the word hyperbole?
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

Post by FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast »

cant we just all be friends? :)
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

DBS wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:
holy shit

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and your point is?
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast wrote:cant we just all be friends? :)
ok, pussy
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

Ok well ANYWAY!

We have cleaned up the first track a lil bit (PV still compresses it a load so it sounds nashty) but we have now added the 2nd track Purge!

Its more varied and has melodic singing too. Plus a proper solo section.

Give it a whirl and lemme know what u think!!

http://www.purevolume.com/cenotaphuk

Enjoy :)
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

Hi

Please don't flame the sound on Purge, I haven't had a chance to master it properly yet. I need to hear how it sounds after PV have fiddled with it before I can counteract the problems. The trouble is is that when they compress it lots of high frequency is lost, and to counter this they put a tacky high-shelf on the whole mix making it sound nasty as fuck. So please just listen to the music not the sounds. I hope you prefer the new version of Conceit!
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast wrote::)

south, sort of surrey hampshre area

you UK too dude?
Yeah ,Bournemouth.

This thread has gotten fucking beyond stupid, trust these retards on here to start an argument over a guitar tone.
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

oh sweeet dude

and haha yeah right man! it got kinda out of hand, lol.
Esteban
Creampuff

Post by Esteban »

You obviously forgot to push the overdrive button on your amplifier. Try to record the song again, this time with overdrive. You'd be amazed just how heavy it can sound with the overdrive.

Esteban

FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

ok, please

ENOUGH ABOUT THE GUITAR TONE!

maybe? it would be nice?
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

Esteban wrote:You obviously forgot to push the overdrive button on your amplifier. Try to record the song again, this time with overdrive. You'd be amazed just how heavy it can sound with the overdrive.

Esteban

wtf? Man, there's more distortion on that thing than my entire CD collection added together
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

spawn you are a fucking tool.
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

DBS wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

spawn you are a fucking tool.
why?
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

right, well probably the final update on this, but weve hosted the 2 songs on myspace now, and they sound (spurisingly) quite a lot better

so check em out if u would be so kind!

http://www.myspace.com/cenotaphuk

enjoy :)
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

the mix is muddy as hell, the guitars sound too squashed add more mids using EQ and i bet it will sound alot less muddy, the instruments are fighting over the frequencies, please tell me you havent put reverb on the guitars.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
dimebag_lordofmetalheaven
Creampuff

Post by dimebag_lordofmetalheaven »

hey nice music btw, do u have a cd with it on? or can u send me it
dimebag_lordofmetalheaven
Creampuff

Post by dimebag_lordofmetalheaven »

hey nice music btw, do u have a cd with it on? or can u send me it
AlphaOmegaCFH
Mouth For War

Post by AlphaOmegaCFH »

FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast wrote:right, well probably the final update on this, but weve hosted the 2 songs on myspace now, and they sound (spurisingly) quite a lot better

Your music is boring and unimaginative. Instead of trying something new you're trying to latch on to a popular genre.
Those Who Trumpet Their Sufferings are Usually the Ones Most Deserving Of Agony -Dave Brockie

[quote="Isis"]hahahahaha I thought you were gonna say it's not big enough to fill up your monstrous snatch. heh sorry, my bad.[/quote]
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

AlphaOmegaCFH wrote:
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast wrote:right, well probably the final update on this, but weve hosted the 2 songs on myspace now, and they sound (spurisingly) quite a lot better

Your music is boring and unimaginative. Instead of trying something new you're trying to latch on to a popular genre.
And what have you contributed to the music scene lately?