My bands song! Melodic Death Metal

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

My bands song! Melodic Death Metal

Post by FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast »

Yo

hey if you guys have the time, please take a second to check out my band! We just got a purevolume page thingy with a song and pics n stuff.

We play melodic death metal like Arch Enemy n shiiit. This one has less melody and is more riffage n stuff, but, well see what u think!

Sorry for the quality (damn purevolume compressing it)

http://www.purevolume.com/cenotaphuk

Oh yeah, make sure to listen to the song all the way thru, and...err...yeah! Be sure to tell what you think!!

Enjoy! :D
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

1) The guitar players are talented.
2) Vocals were harsh and strong but muddy. What was he saying?
3) Typical stuff, nothing I haven't heard before.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

cool, well thanks

ill try and put the 'more intersting' track on later, when i find a way to compress it lol (cos its too big atm)

but yeah, thanks :)
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

hmmmm damn- well, it was okay- i just can't get into death metal at all....
Get killed.
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

fair enough dude :)
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

I liked it :tup:
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

sounded like you had a sinth in there. not bad, reminded me of CoB
Individual Thought Patterns
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

What are your amp settings? Crank your mids and roll back the low-end on the guitar.
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

aeon wrote:What are your amp settings? Crank your mids and roll back the low-end on the guitar.
Im one of the guitarists in FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast's band and I really hope you're joking about that

Metal tones are achieved by doing exactly the opposite, scoop those mids, scoop scoop scoop those mids and get as much bass and treble out of your guitar, effects, distortion, pre-amp and poweramp as humanly possible!

Thanks for the compliment SuicideNote :)
Last edited by spawn2048 on Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
check out my band: http://www.myspace.com/cenotaphuk
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

spawn2048 wrote:
aeon wrote:What are your amp settings? Crank your mids and roll back the low-end on the guitar.
Im one of the guitarists in FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast and I really hope you're joking about that

Metal tones are achieved by doing exactly the opposite, scoop those mids, scoop scoop scoop those mids and get as much bass and treble out of your guitar, effects, distortion, pre-amp and poweramp as humanly possible!

Thanks for the compliment SuicideNote:)
If you want your tone to sound like ass, go ahead scoop your mids.
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

aeon wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:
Im one of the guitarists in FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast and I really hope you're joking about that

Thanks for the compliment SuicideNote:)
If you want your tone to sound like ass, go ahead scoop your mids.
are you a fan or not a fan of the distortion tone on the song? Bare in mind it was recorded on a budget and compressed to hell and back to fit on the site
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

lmao... People who don't use mids when they record shouldn't be playing guitar.
\m/ VADER \m/
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

or they like how they have their settings? WHO KNOWS
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

this is the best band i have heard on this board. but thats not saying much.
rObsessed!
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

InfernalEmpire wrote:lmao... People who don't use mids when they record shouldn't be playing guitar.
:roll:
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

lol, thanks a bunch Brandon :D

and yeah, my guitarist buddy has been shredding for aorund 11 years so i guess he knows what he's doing. if u dont like it its probably not cos he made a mistake, i dunno, just personal preference probably.

aw i dunno im not a guitarist :D

anyway, thanks for coments!
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

Pantera420 wrote:sounded like you had a sinth in there. not bad, reminded me of CoB
and no synth, u probably mean the layered vocal section, but thanks for comparisant! my bassist will be happy :D
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

spawn2048 wrote:
Im one of the guitarists in FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast's band and I really hope you're joking about that

errr no, thats stupid, the guitars are supposed to take up the mid-range in the spectrum. the scooped sound you are thinking of isnt Bass 10, Mid 0, High 10 when you EQ'd the guitars im guessing you completely took out the mid-range? thing is when EQ'ing and you want that scooped sound you would normally use a thin Q curve and cut at around 500-600Hz.

when scooping i usually roll off 100Hz and below, boost around 250-350Hz a little bit to thicken it up, cut 500-600Hz by about 5-6dB, boost around 2-3KHz a little bit to give it more presence, and then roll off at around 17KHz to get rid of hiss if there is any.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

Metallash wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:

errr no, thats stupid, the guitars are supposed to take up the mid-range in the spectrum. the scooped sound you are thinking of isnt Bass 10, Mid 0, High 10 when you EQ'd the guitars im guessing you completely took out the mid-range? thing is when EQ'ing and you want that scooped sound you would normally use a thin Q curve and cut at around 500-600Hz.

when scooping i usually roll off 100Hz and below, boost around 250-350Hz a little bit to thicken it up, cut 500-600Hz by about 5-6dB, boost around 2-3KHz a little bit to give it more presence, and then roll off at around 17KHz to get rid of hiss if there is any.
ok, sorry guys, i underestimated some of you - if we are talking guitar EQ on an amp as in bass/mid/treble then mid scoop is what you do for a metal tone. However real EQs that acount for the whole of the frequency spectrum (ie 20Hz to 20kHz) are different.

To get metal tone using an amp, for live sound and recording, there needs to be a boost of treble and bass and a cut of mid (on the amp settings) and when recording the scoop is generally much smaller than live. However, in producion, you generally cut a bit of the low freq, and boost the low mids by a bit and the high mids by a bit more and keep the treble generally flat (unless you want a cutting lead sound)

If you think the tone is crap on the mp3 its coz it has been sampled lower than the traditioanl 44.1kHz (coz thats how mp3s are made folks!) and compressed to buggery to fit on the site.

Come see us live if you wanna hear real metal tone!
Chris
I will fuck you up

Post by Chris »

spawn2048 wrote:
Metallash wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:

ok, sorry guys, i underestimated some of you - if we are talking guitar EQ on an amp as in bass/mid/treble then mid scoop is what you do for a metal tone. However real EQs that acount for the whole of the frequency spectrum (ie 20Hz to 20kHz) are different.

To get metal tone using an amp, for live sound and recording, there needs to be a boost of treble and bass and a cut of mid (on the amp settings) and when recording the scoop is generally much smaller than live. However, in producion, you generally cut a bit of the low freq, and boost the low mids by a bit and the high mids by a bit more and keep the treble generally flat (unless you want a cutting lead sound)

If you think the tone is crap on the mp3 its coz it has been sampled lower than the traditioanl 44.1kHz (coz thats how mp3s are made folks!) and compressed to buggery to fit on the site.

your talking shit, if you want your guitar to be heard live you need midrange. if you cut the midrange live, then your guitar is just gonna be lost in a wall of mush with the kick drum and bass. you need midrage to cut through, especially live. the guitar is a midrange instrument, cutting it out is stupid.

and you dont need to cut mids out for a "metal" tone, go listen to slayer.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

well keep the new recordings coming. just dont be TOO swedish. tighten up the drummer. add some mids to the vocals. or just turn them up in the mix. oh yeah, change your bands name. other than that, keep up the good work
rObsessed!
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I could put you in contact with some hertfordshire promoters if you like.
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

croninburg wrote:I could put you in contact with some hertfordshire promoters if you like.
really? that would be awesome! please do! PM me or something
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

I like the music, but the tone just isn't my thing. Push your mids a little bit and it would sound alot better IMO.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

don't listen to aeon, lower the mids and put the treble at 100%
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

hippy wrote:don't listen to aeon, lower the mids and put the treble at 100%
:lol:
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

Im enjoying this song, its pretty good, you need a better mix though.
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

yeah it wasnt great quality to begin with, and then purevolume compressed it a load and the guitar tone especially (which has been debated, lol) has come out kinda scratchy.

we will be puting up another more varied track soon (as well as making the quality of the current one a lil better)

glad u like it :D
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast wrote:thanks :)

yeah it wasnt great quality to begin with, and then purevolume compressed it a load and the guitar tone especially (which has been debated, lol) has come out kinda scratchy.

we will be puting up another more varied track soon (as well as making the quality of the current one a lil better)

glad u like it :D
Yeah reminded me of at the gates and some parts reminded me of stuff from the first opeth album, whereabouts in the uk are you situated?
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
FlamingPsychoMonkeyBeast
Creampuff

:)

south, sort of surrey hampshre area

you UK too dude?
AlphaOmegaCFH
Mouth For War

Post by AlphaOmegaCFH »

awesome, a band doing absolutely nothing different.
Those Who Trumpet Their Sufferings are Usually the Ones Most Deserving Of Agony -Dave Brockie

[quote="Isis"]hahahahaha I thought you were gonna say it's not big enough to fill up your monstrous snatch. heh sorry, my bad.[/quote]
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

Chris wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:
Metallash wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:

your talking shit, if you want your guitar to be heard live you need midrange. if you cut the midrange live, then your guitar is just gonna be lost in a wall of mush with the kick drum and bass. you need midrage to cut through, especially live. the guitar is a midrange instrument, cutting it out is stupid.

and you dont need to cut mids out for a "metal" tone, go listen to slayer.
jesus christ, I am not talking shit. As I already explained the 'mid' knob on an amp does not represent the middle of the frequency spectrum of the whole world, it represents the middle of a guitars frequency spectrum

ok, right, I'm listening to slayer right now, and, oooh, oooh, ooooooh my god - the guitars have a cut mid

Just out of interest, on what standing to you base this insight about mid scoops? Becuase I personally have 11 years of guitar playing epxerience, 3 physics thesise on sound, standing waves, frequency responses, frequency spectra, musical instruments etc etc advice from 2 teachers both of whom with about 20 years of experience, and ooh, every guitarist that has ever played metal.....so I would love to know where your insight is coming from.....
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

Right - firstly, sorry to everyone for coming accross as an arsehole

Thanks for all the fantastic things you have said about the song - especially offering to get us intouch with some promoters :tup: :D

Just for the record, the sound quality of that song is abysmal for two reasons. Firstly, Doug (bless his little cotton socks) didn't use the best program in the world for converting the song to mp3, which screwed it over slightly. And secondly, it was compressed further by pure volume making it sound like a muddy pile of poo. I am in the process of rectifying these problems using actual music production software so in the next few days a better version of Conceit will be available and so should the next song - Purge
AlphaOmegaCFH
Mouth For War

Post by AlphaOmegaCFH »

spawn2048 wrote: Purge

:shock: sue 'em sam!
Those Who Trumpet Their Sufferings are Usually the Ones Most Deserving Of Agony -Dave Brockie

[quote="Isis"]hahahahaha I thought you were gonna say it's not big enough to fill up your monstrous snatch. heh sorry, my bad.[/quote]
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

this band is better than most on headbangers ball. but thats not saying much either.
rObsessed!
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

AlphaOmegaCFH wrote:
spawn2048 wrote: Purge

:shock: sue 'em sam!
sorry, does a song by the name of 'Purge' already exist? If so we are not intentionally ripping it off as I for one have never heard of it.....
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

spawn2048 wrote:

you obviously know nothing about guitar tone settings aside from those you've discovered in your bedroom. once you grow up you'll learn how real guitar players set their amps.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

Ben wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:

you obviously know nothing about guitar tone settings aside from those you've discovered in your bedroom. once you grow up you'll learn how real guitar players set their amps.
Fuck it, as far as I can see all of you lot are just as much bedroom rockstars as you are making me out to be, and you have given me no reason to give a shit about what you think you know. I have prbably played in more gigs, with more musicians playing more different types of music than any of you have. I have also porbably done more live sound for more types of music than any of you. I have also recorded, engineered, produced and been a session musician on more pieces than any of you guys. If you are really that interested in what I do or don't know send me a PM with your address and I'll post you my personal demo CD with projects that weren't recorded in one weekend, on a tight budget with musicians that have never recorded before.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
spawn2048
Creampuff

Post by spawn2048 »

Would you like to make an informed intellectual comment or just post pictures of you just after you've wet yourself?