Buying a guitar

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Richard The Duke
Lynch Mob

Buying a guitar

Post by Richard The Duke »

I'm going to learn to play guitar. Any recommendations/advice on getting one?
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] my father is coming[/quote]
Big Mike
Hail Dimebag

Post by Big Mike »

Dean VMNT $299
Jackson Randy Rhoads Intro $279
Jackson Dinky $529

All great and affordable guitars for beginners with great sound.
[quote="tacos"][size=200][color=violet][i][b]fabulous![/b][/i][/color][/size][/quote]

http://thehelreport.com
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

Ibanez RG 321

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=512492

$299

simple yet nice git with no troublesome floyd rose :tup:
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

what ibanez lacks in what shecter has in tone, they make really slick fretboards :tup:
satan sux my dick
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

what kind of music are you looking to play?
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Entry level Ibanez RG with a fixed bridge is a solid recommendation for rock and metal. You should be able to pick one up pretty cheap on Ebay :tup:
eargazm
I will fuck you up

Post by eargazm »

get something with a shit load of spikes and fucking points....twp, maybe three necks, 84 strings, and a beard
I might have been born yesterday, sir; but I stayed up all night
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Get drums instead and learn nothing but go go beats.

Or go with the fixed bridge ibanez like croninburg suggested, that's not a bad idea at all.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
tacos
Lynch Mob

Post by tacos »

On track to quit this PBB late January 2016
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

this ones got your name all over it http://cgi.ebay.com/EVH-Eddie-Van-Halen ... 999.c0.m14
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

jst get something like this Image
aggenne:(Aka) Devil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by aggenne:(Aka) Devil »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:what kind of music are you looking to play?
Yeah.he`s right. What kind of music?
My New ! Blog : http://profunder.blogspot.com/
RandomRussianDude wrote:I just want 320! :x
Richard The Duke
Lynch Mob

aggenne:(Aka) Devil wrote:
mettaaaalllll (and maybe blues)
eargazm
I will fuck you up

Post by eargazm »

Richard The Duke wrote:
aggenne:(Aka) Devil wrote:
mettaaaalllll (and maybe blues)
i have a yamaha rgx 1220j, I like it a lot, I only paid 40 bucks for it and it sounds like a fucking beast, got a great metal tone and the clean tone isn't too bad on it either. I doubt you'll find another 1220j, but you you can probably find a rgx1220, or any RGX. I hear Yamaha makes some good guitars for decent money, too. Fuck, I even heard that Squier are making some quality instruments now.
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

get a good quality used instrument from a guitar center or something like it.. that way you have the 30 day return policy (or used gear warranty if you wish) and places like that are usually pretty damned good at making sure everything works and that it's out at a competitive price.. hell, and if you decide that you don't want to play anymore, you can resell it for close to what you paid for it.
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
Big Mike
Hail Dimebag

Post by Big Mike »

AOD that is a 7k guitar. not for beginners.
[quote="tacos"][size=200][color=violet][i][b]fabulous![/b][/i][/color][/size][/quote]

http://thehelreport.com
Cynosure
Lynch Mob

Post by Cynosure »

Big Mike wrote:AOD that is a 7k guitar. not for beginners.
:lol:
heavymetalsoldier666 wrote: The only way my problems will be straightened out concerning you is if I have you machine gunned to death and your body dismembered and thrown in a hole and you are never heard from again.
cottonmouth
I will fuck you up

Post by cottonmouth »

go into a store and buy a cheap guitar. worry about what kind to buy when you can actually play a little and have not thrown it out after a week
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

Big Mike wrote:AOD that is a 7k guitar. not for beginners.
why assume beginners are poor? get a job you lazy asshole
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

when i first started playing guitar, I bought the cheapest guitar and amp i could find. they were so horrible that everything sat for about 6 months. Then i started to get back into it, and the better equipment i bought, the more fun it started to get to play.

So i wouldnt start off with real cheap shit, but you dont need to buy a Gibson Les Paul either. I recommend something with a fixed bridge. Floating bridges are way too frustrating for beginners. Like somebody said, that Ibanez with the fixed bridge is a great starter guitar.
eargazm
I will fuck you up

Post by eargazm »

yeah, stay away from floating bridges. i highly doubt you're going to need one period. fuck those things, fuck those things FUCK THOSE THINGS
Richard The Duke
Lynch Mob

got an ibanez rg120--fixed bridge :aargh:
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

Post by gay_hayride »

go to a pawn shop get an sg heaviest gauge strings tune lower then sabbath
learn a power chord and your set....
A MAN WHO FUCKS ANOTHER MAN, IS NOT A MAN AT ALL
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

set to shoot heroine!
Richard The Duke
Lynch Mob

Ok, I have another question gaiz.

How can I hook up my guitar to my computer?? Has anyone done this before? Is there any way to program your own effects??
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

get a 1/4 female to 1/8 male adapter and plug it into your soundcard.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Richard The Duke wrote:Ok, I have another question gaiz.

How can I hook up my guitar to my computer?? Has anyone done this before? Is there any way to program your own effects??
"Buy" Guitar Rig :tup:
Richard The Duke
Lynch Mob

croninburg wrote:
Richard The Duke wrote:Ok, I have another question gaiz.

"Buy" Guitar Rig :tup:
Details! What can you do with this program and how do you hook up your guitar to the computer?
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

JesseJames wrote:get a 1/4 female to 1/8 male adapter and plug it into your soundcard.

weren't you the one who has a killer guitar but ended up buying a behringer amp?
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

anyway, get an analog to digital interface (external sound card).. if it's just guitar, then you can probably get away with something good around 100 bucks.. there's a cool interface out there for 200 bucks that has a mic input and instrument input and comes with a version of guitar rig.. it's made by native instruments. :tup:
aggenne:(Aka) Devil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by aggenne:(Aka) Devil »

Ibanez is for every kind music :tup:
My New ! Blog : http://profunder.blogspot.com/
RandomRussianDude wrote:I just want 320! :x
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

BabyKiller wrote:
JesseJames wrote:get a 1/4 female to 1/8 male adapter and plug it into your soundcard.

weren't you the one who has a killer guitar but ended up buying a behringer amp?
Bugera, that sounds awesome. Check youtube for bugera 333xl clips if you dont believe me.
And that still doesn't make my answer wrong.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

Brugera's sound alright and I've heard and seen a lot of issues with the internals of it.. surprise from a Behringer product.. and really, a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter?? Goddamn, you definitely have your opinions, but they're definitely not ones you need to share as advice. Next you'll be saying "want to record vocals? go to radio shack and get a mic for 20 bucks!"
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

BabyKiller wrote:Brugera's sound alright and I've heard and seen a lot of issues with the internals of it.. surprise from a Behringer product.. and really, a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter?? Goddamn, you definitely have your opinions, but they're definitely not ones you need to share as advice. Next you'll be saying "want to record vocals? go to radio shack and get a mic for 20 bucks!"
Sorry I didn't think the beginning guitarist needed to go out and buy fucking protools. :roll:
Sorry duke, apparently I commited a crime.
You need to go out and immediately buy the most expensive digital recording device you absolutely can. Because apparently when you are beginning to even start learning to play a single chord you must first immediately get top notch recording equipment.
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

Sure, because I was specifically talking about buying 500 dollars of recording software and interfaces. I know your arguments always rely on bouncing to the extremes, but there is something in life called a happy medium. A 100-200 buck interface that comes with recording software for a grown man ain't gonna cause frogs to rain from the sky.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

yeah, totally don't waste that money on lessons or anything. Instead of buying an 87 cent device that can give you exactly what you are after, go off and buy a 200.00 recording device when you can't even tune the instrument.
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

I've seen it time and time again.. if the sound he's getting sucks, then it's not fun to play, and he'll quit.. and if he ends up diggin playing anyway, an upgrade will want to happen within 6 months. Ultimately, going cheap seems to end up being a waste of money either way you look at it.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I would 100% agree with you if the guy had decided he enjoyed playing, but at the absolute beginning stage, when you don't even know really anything about the guitar at all, wasting money on recording equipment is just stupid at this point.

I'm actually not even saying you're wrong, but come on dude, really, at this point, does he really need to shell out 200$ on recording equipment, I say at least get a general idea of how to play a few chords and be able to read some tabs first.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

brugera is a behringer product?
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

no, but bugera is.