Building a V from warmoth

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Building a V from warmoth

Post by Wrona »

I am basically trying to build a wolfgang out of a v... as in i am going to use the same radius, neck profile, nut width, maple/maple setup on the neck. But i want to have the v shape. I am worried about losing some whatever it is that you lose when it comes to v's in the neck pickup. The wolfgang i had was made of basswood. I don't really like the idea of using such a soft wood on this guitar and im sure some other wood will give me back some of the sustain lost in comparing a v and something like a les paul.

What would be a better choice in wood? I was thinking alder or ash... would mahogany go good with a maple fret board?
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

BTW.. i am direct mounting the pickups. That's something i've been pretty particular to. I plan on using a tone zone in the bridge, and maybe an evolution in the neck.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

pics
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Dude.. i am saying. Listen now.

Im ordering a V body thru warmoth. I want to get the same tone and feel as a wolfgang.

I will post pics as this project progresses.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

TK wrote: I will post pics as this project progresses.
:tup:
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

TK wrote:Dude.. i am saying. Listen now.

Im ordering a V body thru warmoth. I want to get the same tone and feel as a wolfgang.

I will post pics as this project progresses.
You're not going to get the same tone or feel as a wolfgang. You wont have as much mass behind the bridge as a standard strat style guitar so you will have vastly different tonal properties. Eddie use to have an ibanez destroyer that he cut a chunk of wood out from behind the bridge and he effectively said that ruined the guitars original sound and tone.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

i've always wanted a v. i never did think about the destroyer situation. maybe i'll go with a star body.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Please post pictures to laugh at.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Dude, i might seem retarded on the internet. But i have an i.q. of 131 and i've been modding and repairing guitar for 6 years now buddy boy. You'd be suprised at what wrona can come up with.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

TK wrote:Dude, i might seem retarded on the internet. But i have an i.q. of 131
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

TK wrote:Dude, i might seem retarded on the internet. But i have an i.q. of 131 and i've been modding and repairing guitar for 6 years now buddy boy. You'd be suprised at what wrona can come up with.
ok hollis
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.