NEW KRANK MINI STACK (hot tubes) no fucking distortion????

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

NEW KRANK MINI STACK (hot tubes) no fucking distortion????

Post by gay_hayride »

I just got it never had a tube amp before i have an ltd with emg pickups and i cant get a good distortion and the tubes get hot as fuck is this normal??? i get a good clean sound but NO DISTORTION at all!! its like the pickups or the amp is blown but its all brand new shit..the jeff hanneman esp through the krank mini half stack whatever the fuck its called....someone help a nigger out?? :negro: :tup: oh and theres a brand new battery 9 volt i put in for the fucking EMG's so what the fuck is going on???
A MAN WHO FUCKS ANOTHER MAN, IS NOT A MAN AT ALL
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

post video. play a gg allin song. hollis can sing over top of it.
rObsessed!
heavymetalsoldier666
Lynch Mob

Post by heavymetalsoldier666 »

GG Allin fucking sucks!
Robert doesn't live here anymore........lol.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

heavymetalsoldier666 wrote:GG Allin fucking sucks!
well then why dont you try doing his songs if you can do better! or post your own! i will be bringing my video camera when i come over. and im buying a new car on monday so im still coming out to casper. then off to washington state to do a big study, then party with gay hayride!
rObsessed!
heavymetalsoldier666
Lynch Mob

Brandon wrote:
well then why dont you try doing his songs if you can do better! or post your own! i will be bringing my video camera when i come over. and im buying a new car on monday so im still coming out to casper. then off to washington state to do a big study, then party with gay hayride!
I already did some singing onstage. I am looking for a band as it is who is willing to play zeppelin and sabbath covers.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

heavymetalsoldier666 wrote:
Brandon wrote:
I already did some singing onstage. I am looking for a band as it is who is willing to play zeppelin and sabbath covers.
every band plays sabbath and zeppelin. arent you too old to play music though? like dio and lemmy? :lol:
rObsessed!
heavymetalsoldier666
Lynch Mob

Brandon wrote:
Brandon wrote:
every band plays sabbath and zeppelin. arent you too old to play music though? like dio and lemmy? :lol:
I don't know. I questioned this. Most people start playing when they are in their teens and early 20s and
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

Brandon wrote:
Brandon wrote:
I don't know. I questioned this. Most people start playing when they are in their teens and early 20s and
better late than never! so dont give up like a pussy! im trying to help you with words of advice. youre gonna thank me later once you realize how cool and helpful i am.
rObsessed!
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Re: NEW KRANK MINI STACK (hot tubes) no fucking distortion??

Post by croninburg »

gay_hayride wrote:I just got it never had a tube amp before i have an ltd with emg pickups and i cant get a good distortion and the tubes get hot as fuck is this normal??? i get a good clean sound but NO DISTORTION at all!! its like the pickups or the amp is blown but its all brand new shit..the jeff hanneman esp through the krank mini half stack whatever the fuck its called....someone help a nigger out?? :negro: :tup: oh and theres a brand new battery 9 volt i put in for the fucking EMG's so what the fuck is going on???
It's normal for tubes to get hot. Are you getting any sound at all on the distortion channel?
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Please tell me you did not pay 900$ for this thing.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

i played that little krank stack and i thought it sounded great
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

slay wrote:i played that little krank stack and i thought it sounded great
for 900$ you could get a great tube head. With a lot more power than 20w as well.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

You really don't need that much power unless you're playing live with a band. To be honest, even 20 watts is more than you need.. you want to be able to drive it, there's no point having a 50 watt amp that you can't turn past 1.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

The hell if 20w is all you need. I am sure he probably didn't get it new however, so chances are he didn't spend 900$ on it.
I've had 100w tube amps before myself, they played just fine at lower levels. Then if you ever need it, you can crank the thing up louder. Paying 900$ for a practice amp is ridiculous however.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I'm sure they sounded fine, but a smaller amp driven hard will sound better at the same volume.
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

Krank Amps are a ripoff, they assassinated Dimebag after he signed his name to their product so they can use his name to sell their shitty amps.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

JesseJames wrote:
slay wrote:i played that little krank stack and i thought it sounded great
for 900$ you could get a great tube head. With a lot more power than 20w as well.
i agree, didn't say i would buy it but i thought what the hell ill try the krank amp with a dime sig. I thought it was decent.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Im not sure what the circuit is like on that amp, may be a bad tube. Or worse it could be a bad component in the circuit.
It's a pretty new model and im sure it will go thru another revision, so i wouldn't doubt if it was faulty right off of the line.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

croninburg wrote:You really don't need that much power unless you're playing live with a band. To be honest, even 20 watts is more than you need.. you want to be able to drive it, there's no point having a 50 watt amp that you can't turn past 1.
i agree with this
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

Post by gay_hayride »

i was using the wrong kinda speaker cord now it sounds the balls it rules..it sounds like pure metal from hell
A MAN WHO FUCKS ANOTHER MAN, IS NOT A MAN AT ALL
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

JesseJames wrote:The hell if 20w is all you need. I am sure he probably didn't get it new however, so chances are he didn't spend 900$ on it.
I've had 100w tube amps before myself, they played just fine at lower levels. Then if you ever need it, you can crank the thing up louder. Paying 900$ for a practice amp is ridiculous however.
For recording purposes I've always always always preferred a lower-watt amp, especially for high-gain sounds, than a stack. If you aren't gigging there's really no need for a ridiculous amount of wattage. It's like buying a Ferrari and only driving to the end of your driveway to get your mail.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

What if you have shitty neighbors you want to annoy though? 100w ain't gonna cut it!!! :)
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Pfl?yd wrote:
JesseJames wrote:The hell if 20w is all you need. I am sure he probably didn't get it new however, so chances are he didn't spend 900$ on it.
For recording purposes I've always always always preferred a lower-watt amp, especially for high-gain sounds, than a stack. If you aren't gigging there's really no need for a ridiculous amount of wattage. It's like buying a Ferrari and only driving to the end of your driveway to get your mail.
Point WAS floyd, that for $900.00, that krank mini stack is a fucking ripoff for only 20w of power. Now if it were like $400 or so, that's practical, but $900.00? Hell fucking no, I just got the 120w tube amp AND 4x12 cabinet for $749.99 shipped to my door.
And shit, I'd drive a ferrari to get the mail everyday if I could, so bad comparison on your part.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

I definitely agree that some people really get carried away with the "bigger is better" attitude when it comes to amps. My amp is 40 watts and even gigging, I've never turned it past 4 or 5. Hell, my friend gigged for a few months with his 15w Marshall practice amp and it cut through alright. Could have used a tad more volume I'm sure, but it worked.
Goddamn, this is one wacky game show.
thornlord
Cowboy From Hell

Post by thornlord »

Meh. The preamp section on the Rev mini is not all that hot out of the gate. The same can be said for the Krankenstein and the regular 100w Rev head. TBH, I was not impressed with any of the Krank stuff @ NAMM this year. If you're looking to get the most out of it, do the standard clean boost in the front. Obviously the Maxon OD808 is the most popular, but the BOSS Super OD is better IMO. Setting the level to max and rolling f the the gain on the pedal will give you and influx of high mids+a titch more gain. :tup:
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

JesseJames wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:
Point WAS floyd, that for $900.00, that krank mini stack is a fucking ripoff for only 20w of power. Now if it were like $400 or so, that's practical, but $900.00? Hell fucking no, I just got the 120w tube amp AND 4x12 cabinet for $749.99 shipped to my door.
And shit, I'd drive a ferrari to get the mail everyday if I could, so bad comparison on your part.
I'm not talking about the price but really, there are LOTS of amps out there with that wattage that cost a lot more in the boutique world.

But if you had a Ferrari and that's ALL you did with it, wouldn't that be kind of silly?
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

No, because if I had the ferrari, and I only went that far, that would mean I must have a harem full of hot women and coke.
thornlord
Cowboy From Hell

Post by thornlord »

FYI, the difference between 50w and 100w class A/B in the tube world is about 4db. The reason many high gain tube heads are 100w-180w (ala Diezel Herbert) is because the added headroom involved with a hot powersection. When bands are tuning to drop Q and using boatloads of gain, the added headroom keeps the bottom tight.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

JesseJames wrote:No, because if I had the ferrari, and I only went that far, that would mean I must have a harem full of hot women and coke.
Touche!
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

im going to marry a diezel one day.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

I still like bigger wattage amps I guess just that kid in me still says "The bigger the better!". I am going to try out a Bad Cat Hot Cat tomorrow, it's 30 watts but it easily sounds like 50 or more when cranked. :tup:
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

yeah the point for alot of watts is so it doesnt get muddy or flub out when youre playing live. i only turn my 5150ii to about 4 but if it had to go to 8 for the same volume it would not be good at all.
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Post by texasborn »

JesseJames wrote:No, because if I had the ferrari, and I only went that far, that would mean I must have a harem full of hot women and coke.

:lol: