Metal Camp 2009

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Metal Camp 2009

Post by whitemike »

http://www.metalcamp.com/index2.php

Yup, needs it's own thread. Who's going / up for going?

I am going for sure. As soon as the tickets go on sale I'm on it.

From the Metalcamp forum:

METALCAMP will be from 2nd to 7th of July
Camp opens, then the rest days of music

02.07.: camp opens
03.07.: day1
04.07.: day2
05.07.: day3
06.07.: day4
07.07.: day5

No bands have been confirmed as of yet, and tickets aren't on sale - But I'm starting to organise how the fuck I'm getting to middle of Slovenia.

"Metalcamp is going to take place in the beautiful Julisch Alps national park. The festival ground is situated on a peninsula between the turquoise mountain rivers Socca and Tolminka."

ImageImageImageImage

Last year was 114 Euro for the 7 day Camping+Festival ticket, so will prob be a bit more this year. Should be fucking great :aargh:
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

90% certain that I am going, you can fly ryanair to Trieste in Italy, it's not far from there, or else I think easyjet fly to Ljubijana. I am thinking ov purchasing a large and luxurious camper van type vehicle for all these festivals.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Haha, a big camper would be fucking great. Or even a ford transit would me with a mattress in the back :|): :tup:

I'm gonna do some research on flights when I get back from work the night.
FBS
Slack Cunt

Post by FBS »

Save a bed for Asslyn, Bren. :D

That's some picturesque backdrop for a festival. :tup:
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

if i have the money, i might try to make this once I see which bands are announced. Anyone know about how much the average plan ticket from tennessee to Slovenia costs?
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
kanga
I will fuck you up

Post by kanga »

Bren wrote:90% certain that I am going, you can fly ryanair to Trieste in Italy, it's not far from there, or else I think easyjet fly to Ljubijana. I am thinking ov purchasing a large and luxurious camper van type vehicle for all these festivals.
i HIGHLY recommend taking the flight to ljbuljana. that city is fuckin fantastic in the summer and the women are SMOKIN.
metalcamp owns. far better atmosphere than the other festivals, its much more like a holiday. waking up hungover in your tent with the blistering heat is the worst thing about fests, but running into that ice cold river first thing in the morning cures any fuckin hangover :tup:

some photos from 08 metalcamp:

my buddy lee enjoying his hangover swin
notice the net to catch all the beer cans at the end of the fest :tdown:

totally sweet gorge thats about 30 mins walk from the campsite

on top of one of the mountains near tolmin. my mate lee not feeling too well.

we walked in just as the first song started and still managed to get front row. the beauty of metalcamp :tup:

a couple of birds i dont remember conversing with. they were all over the place.

heres me saying : PARTY ON METALCAMP 09!
kanga
I will fuck you up

Post by kanga »

i'll post pics of the metalcamp strippers as well if anyone is interested
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

well duh yeah
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

kanga wrote:
Bren wrote:90% certain that I am going, you can fly ryanair to Trieste in Italy, it's not far from there, or else I think easyjet fly to Ljubijana. I am thinking ov purchasing a large and luxurious camper van type vehicle for all these festivals.
i HIGHLY recommend taking the flight to ljbuljana.
How do you get from there to Tolmin?
kanga
I will fuck you up

Post by kanga »

whitemike wrote:
kanga wrote:
i HIGHLY recommend taking the flight to ljbuljana.
How do you get from there to Tolmin?
i think there were around six trains the day we left (every couple of hours or so) from ljubljana to tolmin with a quick stop in jesenice to change trains. from there, its a 1 euro shuttle bus that takes about 15mins :tup: all up from ljubljana to tolmin was about 2 hours travel time.

if you're staying in ljubijana, i recommend booking at hostel celica. its a really popular hostel near the city centre. the best part about the hostel is that there is a party every night in the parking lot (its a huge parking lot). theres dudes selling cold beer and everything. when i was there, the party got to around 200 people, and got a little out of hand:tup:
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Yeh, well it's going to be my first time at Metal Camp so I'm a little unsure on when I need to arrive at the campsite etc, so I don't know which days to get a flight out of here (Edinburgh) and back afterwards.

I was thinking leaving on the 1st and staying in a hostel somewhere, then heading through on the 2nd when the camp opens, then heading back to the hostel on the 8th (Day after music finishes) staying over that night and flying back on the 9th. Does that sound about right? And is hostel celica easy to book or is it always booked up etc. Cheers for the info :tup:
kanga
I will fuck you up

Post by kanga »

yeah that sounds right. we did exactly what you plan on except we arrived two days earlier to ljubljana. yeah celica is rather busy, so you'll have to book a few months in advance.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Their website is quoting like 25 euro per person for a night :tup: :tup: Yeh maybe a day early would be a good idea. See what prices I can get flight wise... they don't look cheap.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Go and vote for my band to play at metal camp please :|):

------------------------------------------------------

Vote for Cancerous Womb @ Metal Camp 2009! Please vote for us to play at the Slovenian metal festival of Metal Camp next year. Simply follow this link:

http://www.metalcamp.com/voting.php

and scroll down to the UK bands section and click on the voting option next to our name!

Many thanks! - Cancerous Womb
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

That looks seriously fucking cool. I want to go.
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

kanga wrote:i'll post pics of the metalcamp strippers as well if anyone is interested
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

is anyone going to this? I can't go due to logistical reasons :aargh:
and I've got 2 tickets I need to sell, anyone interested?
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

someone buy my tickets PLZ €200 for both, bargain :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: