Pantera Reunion?

Talk about anything Pantera related....
shit
To cool for school

Post by shit »

aeon wrote:All of you are fucking morons. Zakk fucking sucks dick at anything related to music. Pantera will never reunite, so shut up children.
FUCKING - IDIOT.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

shit wrote:
aeon wrote:All of you are fucking morons. Zakk fucking sucks dick at anything related to music. Pantera will never reunite, so shut up children.
FUCKING - IDIOT.
If you're going to call me an idiot, atleast put a reason, little boy.
shit
To cool for school

Post by shit »

aeon wrote:
shit wrote:
FUCKING - IDIOT.
Ok i've told you once, but NOOOO. It appears you're doing it after every post now..which is increasing your level of faggot. Stop calling people little boy, or child or son. I know, i know you're a pethetic poster and it's all you have but please fucking quit.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

shit wrote:
aeon wrote:
shit wrote:
FUCKING - IDIOT.
Ok i've told you once, but NOOOO. It appears you're doing it after every post now..which is increasing your level of faggot. Stop calling people little boy, or child or son. I know, i know you're a pethetic poster and it's all you have but please fucking quit.
Why don't you go make some shitty photoshopped pictures in attempts to be funny, get lost kid.
Sick n' Twisted
n0ob

Post by Sick n' Twisted »

It seems to me that Dime can not be replaced, the only thing we as true fans can hope for is Vinnie, Phil and Rex barring the hatchet and maybe release a tribute album with pre-recorded Pantera cuts for the fans.

It is like when Randy Rhodes died, you can not replace a guitar player with their own unique style.

Shit it took Metallica four years to replace Cliff Burton. You just can't replace a someone that was the back bone to your band.

We all seem to forget the Pantera was no more and the way things were looking there really was no hope for a reunion. So we are sad by the death of Dime and we wish we could have seen Pantera one more time, but it ain't going to happen.
unbannable
Vulgar Bastard

Post by unbannable »

Pantera happened. it was pretty fuckin sweet.

note the '-ed' suffix on my first predicate there ^.

finis. roll credits. spill remaining popcorn on floor. go home.
[quote="shit"]I'd rather eat cat vomit than watch snooker.[/quote]
[quote="Dirty Sanchez"]like a dagger through a burrito[/quote] :tup: you cant ban me. ive had my nuts sipped in the past.
Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Post by Edna Bodine »

Sick n' Twisted wrote:it took Metallica four years to replace Cliff Burton.
???
Robert Hollis wrote:Me fucking around with women cost me my college education and also one of the women I was involved for awhile ended up killing herself because she was so depressed
EvilisthenewGood wrote:I know how time zones work.
grim northern man
Vulgar Bastard

Post by grim northern man »

:lol:
her eyes rolled back
St. Anger Trash Cans
Vulgar Bastard

Post by St. Anger Trash Cans »

No one can replace Dime. As far as reforming the band with a new guitarist and calling it something different that would be cool I guess, but you would have to find someone that can play killer riffs and solos. The only dude that comes to mind is Paul Gilbert or possibly Zakk.
broodingdude
Creampuff

Post by broodingdude »

... There are plenty of professionals out there that can play like as or better than Darrell.
Hilariously enough, you fanboy faggots can't get over your nut-smelling bullshit to see the possible benefit in this scenario. Think of the benefits for the victim's families.

...this is why mommies and daddies shouldn't allow their kiddies to use computers until they can buy one for themselves and support themselves. :pimp:
Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Post by Edna Bodine »

broodingdude wrote:... There are plenty of professionals out there that can play like as or better than Darrell.
Hilariously enough, you fanboy faggots can't get over your nut-smelling bullshit to see the possible benefit in this scenario. Think of the benefits for the victim's families.

...this is why mommies and daddies shouldn't allow their kiddies to use computers until they can buy one for themselves and support themselves. :pimp:
suffer.
Robert Hollis wrote:Me fucking around with women cost me my college education and also one of the women I was involved for awhile ended up killing herself because she was so depressed
EvilisthenewGood wrote:I know how time zones work.
1One1
Creampuff

Post by 1One1 »

Well it depends what Pantera was doing. If they were just doing a few shows and nothing new, you could replace Dime. His stuff is freaking hard to play (I cant and probably never will), but possible. You'd be able to find somebody else to play his stuff.

But to write the same quality stuff with that Pantera tone? Nope. Never.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

everyone needs to stfu about zakk wylde. He is a fat retarded drunk who can't play guitar and feels the need to add a pinch harmonic every fifteen seconds. he can choke on an unshaven bush.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Bad Guys Wear Black
Creampuff

Post by Bad Guys Wear Black »

for all of us who have never seen pantera live, it would be cool.

but it wouldn't be Pantera anymore.
"all the money in the fucking world couldnt buy me one second of trust or one ounce of faith in anything you're about. fuck you all."

"no respect gets no one no where. show respect."
hetdime87
Creampuff

Post by hetdime87 »

I think it would be cool if they did a show as like a tribute to dime or something with phil, rex, vinnie, and zakk....im not saying go ahead and do a new album or anything, but just do a pantera tribute tour or something, i think it would be cool.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

no fucking zakk wylde. Have fans play guitar.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
WARZONE ELECTRIC
Trendkiller

Re: Pantera Reunion?

Post by WARZONE ELECTRIC »

feelthefire8806 wrote:I know this is a very sensitive subject, but I have been debating this for awhile now and I am still undecided. If Phil, Vinnie and Rex decided to get together for a reunion, would it be accepted by the fans to call it Pantera and have another guitarist come in? I am still undecided, but another option would be to call it something else because after all when people think of Pantera, the first thing that usually comes to mind is Dime's playing so I don't know if it would be right to call it Pantera and make new music. As far as picking the guitarist that would be a fucking huge pair of shoes to fill. Give me your thoughts on who you would choose and how you would do it as far as calling or not calling pantera or not doing anything at all, or making new music with a new guitarist.
I've gotten flamed for posting similar topics-however,if they were to pick another guitarist and not call it Pantera i'd like to see Zakk Wylde,Jerry Cantrell or Rocky George from Suicidal Tendencies :tup:
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Zakk gets beaten by his wife. That's just not cool.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

broodingdude wrote:... There are plenty of professionals out there that can play like as or better than Darrell.

You're a fucking cretin, of course there are people who can play faster or whatever, that doesn't change the fact that a "pantera" concert without dimebag would suck dick and be an insult to the name of the band.
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

croninburg wrote:

You're a fucking cretin, of course there are people who can play faster or whatever, that doesn't change the fact that a "pantera" concert without dimebag would suck dick and be an insult to the name of the band.
word! :tup: