I haven't learned a song in a while

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

hektik wrote:
PABassPlayer wrote:Stanley Clarke, Mike Dimin, Gerald Veasley.

Hektik, I'm not a huge fan of "learning" jazz, but love to watch/listen to it.
It's all about the "flava" :tup:
I want to learn it so i can incorporate it into metal, kind of like Atheist, Cynic, Aghora, Virulence, and a handful of other metal bands have done. It sounds awesome when pulled off right, but I'm sure you gotta know years of theory.
Not a huge fan of Meshuggha (sp), but definately hear the jazz influence in their playing/music.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Motorhead
Motorbuddy

Post by Motorhead »

Three Second Doom wrote:
Motorhead wrote:
Three Second Doom wrote:
Motorhead wrote:He's the most famous jazz bassist, so you're an idiot :lol:
Paul Chambers? His body of work speaks for itself...

Also, all this Ashley Nichole/Motorhead, etc. argument garbage needs to stay out of here. It is a few steps away from having a 10 page argument about Subway microwaves.
Mingus is far more well known and famous.
I'm not going to argue, personally I just find it amazing the amount of classics Chambers has played on.

Anyway, it's pretty obvious you are trying to bait Hektik into a multi-page back and forth tantrum. So get on that.
Nah he just made a stupid comment stating that I googled it, like I know nothing about jazz or music at all.