Shecter

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

JesseJames wrote: before Korn. All I am saying is that they exploded after Korn.
and thats fine. but thats his opinion, long4... as for using the discontinuation as information to back you up.. well when did korn start? in 92-93? if companies were jumping on this bandwagon, why would ibanez cancel production on their big 7 string in 95? it just doesnt add up. the only thing i'm trying to say is that i can't agree with someone who says that korn was the one band to make sevens popular/mass produced.

and that's just my opinion. if you disagree with it, cool. let's get more into it.
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
JesseJames wrote: before Korn. All I am saying is that they exploded after Korn.
and thats fine. but thats his opinion, long4... as for using the discontinuation as information to back you up.. well when did korn start? in 92-93? if companies were jumping on this bandwagon, why would ibanez cancel production on their big 7 string in 95? it just doesnt add up. the only thing i'm trying to say is that i can't agree with someone who says that korn was the one band to make sevens popular/mass produced.

and that's just my opinion. if you disagree with it, cool. let's get more into it.
Uh....because korn's album was big in 96?

Are you really being this void? Is this a joke?
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

JesseJames wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:

according to wikipedia, the self titled release was when they got signed, in 94. both albums went 2x platinum.

yes, JJ its a joke. i'm done arguing it.
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:

according to wikipedia, the self titled release was when they got signed, in 94. both albums went 2x platinum.
And the album didn't gain success until 95/96, and while it got Korn notoriety, 1998's Follow the Leader is well regarded as their commercial break-through
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

long4theblur wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:

And the album didn't gain success until 95/96, and while it got Korn notoriety, 1998's Follow the Leader is well regarded as their commercial break-through
Exactly, it's not like they released to instant success.
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

God it's already been 10 years since that album?
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

i love the sound coming out of my schecter

check it out.. the second tone needs way less bass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKoZoOdr97k
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Isn't the argument for/against extended range guitars dead yet? I mean, come on. Who gets pissy about a 5 or 6 string bass? A drumkit with a 2nd bass drum? Who cares who popularized it? Guitars with different amounts of strings have existed since guitars were invented.

If you don't like A#, don't fucking tune to it.

FUCK!
Ezekiel 23:20
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

The Doctor wrote:Isn't the argument for/against extended range guitars dead yet? I mean, come on. Who gets pissy about a 5 or 6 string bass? A drumkit with a 2nd bass drum? Who cares who popularized it? Guitars with different amounts of strings have existed since guitars were invented.

If you don't like A#, don't fucking tune to it.

FUCK!
Fuck you dude, my piano has 100 keys and I can play melodies only dogs can hear.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:dbs did you put that trem in?
haha no i haven't got a clue when it comes to floyd roses.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Stealthy
Creampuff

Post by Stealthy »

If only every other Guitar Company had the same quality as those (over $700 import) Schecter's do at a low price...
Got-ta love them old USA Washburn Dime Stealth's...
SkullFvck
Far Beyond Driven

Post by SkullFvck »

I spent $500 on a Schecter C-1+ and it's a fantastic guitar. Highly recommended :tup:
[quote="Bukkake Tsunami"]go eat a bag of dicks.[/quote]
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

cliffy boy's got a youtube page :tup:
... You're killing me, Smalls.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

:|): :tup:

Wayne i saw your red hellraiser in person this week and i have to say i made a mistake getting the blackjack after seeing the hellraiser :tdown:

the hellraiser is down right sexy, especially the abalone on it.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Lots of guitars come with a bologna.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

slay wrote::|): :tup:

Wayne i saw your red hellraiser in person this week and i have to say i made a mistake getting the blackjack after seeing the hellraiser :tdown:

the hellraiser is down right sexy, especially the abalone on it.
beautiful fucking guitar. i still get a chub everytime i see it
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

anyone who's saying korn's not the reason for 7 strings getting big is being too literal and contrarian for their own good. get real. they invented/made popular/grew/whatever/... that sound. when what record hit what level compared to x sales of x guitar is argumentative nebulous crap that wouldn't prove or disprove much either way.
everyone over 28 knows it was shoots and ladders in 93..and metal got tuned lower and lower ever since.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

Stoic, America's solution to the question no one asked.

Why do you always have to get your panties in know with every post. Why couldn't you just stay away from the board.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

stoic wrote:anyone who's saying korn's not the reason for 7 strings getting big is being too literal and contrarian for their own good. get real. they invented/made popular/grew/whatever/... that sound. when what record hit what level compared to x sales of x guitar is argumentative nebulous crap that wouldn't prove or disprove much either way.
everyone over 28 knows it was shoots and ladders in 93..and metal got tuned lower and lower ever since.
the arguments actually been over for a few months, but good bump.
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

Hunter/Killer wrote:Stoic, America's solution to the question no one asked.

Why do you always have to get your panties in know with every post. Why couldn't you just stay away from the board.
what'd you fuckin try saying to me you whiny faggot zero? quit fishing for back pats with that faggot canuck talk and keep your eyes in your own fuckin reply box, motherfucker.
ha. jk. dude..don't worry. won't be here long. got a little down time's all.
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
stoic wrote:anyone who's saying korn's not the reason for 7 strings getting big is being too literal and contrarian for their own good. get real. they invented/made popular/grew/whatever/... that sound. when what record hit what level compared to x sales of x guitar is argumentative nebulous crap that wouldn't prove or disprove much either way.
the arguments actually been over for a few months, but good bump.
oh. oops. i didn't bump it. just read replied
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

:lol: