Whatcha think about Orange?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
SkullFvck
Far Beyond Driven

Whatcha think about Orange?

Post by SkullFvck »

Fucking great tone :tup:
[quote="Bukkake Tsunami"]go eat a bag of dicks.[/quote]
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

Post by Wagner Vajagner »

Who the fuck ARE YOU?
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate your family. I hate your ancestors. I hate the fact that you are alive.
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

Sip orange drink from my ding dong
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Overpriced, gargling indy garbage. Orange are fucking shit.

If you want something with actual good tone and build along similar lines just go for Vox :tup:
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

whitemike wrote:Overpriced, gargling indy garbage. Orange are fucking shit.

If you want something with actual good tone and build along similar lines just go for Vox :tup:
Splawn :tup:

[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Never heard of them or played on them.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

doesnt even compare to matamp.
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

I'm kinda stuck on Line 6 right now.
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate your family. I hate your ancestors. I hate the fact that you are alive.
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

overrated. people just want to be seen playing em i swear. i don't know.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

A guitar player in a band my band has played with has one of those and it's only tone is "loud". Meh.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

I like them, but the newer ones need some work. If you ever find an old OR-120 or OD-120 :aargh:
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

stoic wrote:overrated. people just want to be seen playing em i swear. i don't know.
actually i think theyre great. i've played them before in death metal bands and they'll blow most amps out of the water gain wise. plus stoner/amp worship people love them so they must be doing something right. line 6 on the other hand..
SkullFvck
Far Beyond Driven

Post by SkullFvck »

Line 6 is for lazy fucks that can't find their tone so they use digital because it's that easy.
[quote="Bukkake Tsunami"]go eat a bag of dicks.[/quote]
Motorhead
Motorbuddy

Post by Motorhead »

:aargh:
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

SkullFvck wrote:Line 6 is for lazy fucks that can't find their tone so they use digital because it's that easy.
Wait.. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

SkullFvck wrote:Line 6 is for lazy fucks that can't find their tone so they use digital because it's that easy.

Oooorrr need lots of different tones and don't feel like hauling all their gear in a Ryder Truck to the gig.
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
stoic wrote:overrated. people just want to be seen playing em i swear. i don't know.
actually i think theyre great. i've played them before in death metal bands and they'll blow most amps out of the water gain wise. plus stoner/amp worship people love them so they must be doing something right. line 6 on the other hand..
hmm. haven't been around a lot of them. but the one i played with was eh...
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

guilty. but i also utilize the wheel. and pockets.. and all other kinds of bs technology

Post by Guest »

stoic don't just troll around in here. free zone needs ya.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

stoic wrote:
guilty. but i also utilize the wheel. and pockets.. and all other kinds of bs technology
:lol:

Skullfvck keeps it real and hauls his gear on a sledge.
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

Pfl?yd wrote:
stoic wrote:
:lol:
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Pfl?yd wrote:

Oooorrr need lots of different tones and don't feel like hauling all their gear in a Ryder Truck to the gig.
Your statement has been accepted and agreed with fully. :tup:
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Like pfloyd said, they sound amazing cranked but they're not very versatile. Vox = :aargh:
FatRufusFucksYou
Hail Dimebag

Post by FatRufusFucksYou »

A friend of my grandpa's died and he dropped off some old 70's Ampeg heads and cabs that were willed to me for some weird fucking reason.

They sound like absolute shit.
But not really.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

FatRufusFucksYou wrote:A friend of my grandpa's died and he dropped off some old 70's Ampeg heads and cabs that were willed to me for some weird fucking reason.

What series are they?! :shock:
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

FatRufusFucksYou wrote:A friend of my grandpa's died and he dropped off some old 70's Ampeg heads and cabs that were willed to me for some weird fucking reason.

You know that they're bass amps right? They probably need retubing, for starters.
FatRufusFucksYou
Hail Dimebag

Post by FatRufusFucksYou »

They probably did need re-tubing. I stopped playing music when I realized I wouldn't get any better at it because I'm limited by extremely clumsy fingers.

Anyway the fucking things smell like cat piss, but a buddy of mine offered $4500 for all three heads and both 8x10 cabs. Apparently these all belonged to my grampa's friends kid who died in the 80's or something. He couldn't let go of all that shit.
But not really.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

CFH Eternal wrote:

What series are they?! :shock:
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

FatRufusFucksYou wrote:They probably did need re-tubing. I stopped playing music when I realized I wouldn't get any better at it because I'm limited by extremely clumsy fingers.

Anyway the fucking things smell like cat piss, but a buddy of mine offered $4500 for all three heads and both 8x10 cabs. Apparently these all belonged to my grampa's friends kid who died in the 80's or something. He couldn't let go of all that shit.
i really hope this deal wasnt made for your sake.
goshuaspenis
Hail Dimebag

Post by goshuaspenis »

whitemike wrote:Overpriced, gargling indy garbage. Orange are fucking shit.

clutch used orange, so go fuck yourself
[quote="Psycho Gangster"]Best username: Goshuaspenis[/quote]
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

I've never used Orange but every time I've seen someone use it in concert it sounded great.
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

probably saw these if you made a thread about it, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESIarEUA ... 75&index=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-PHqs4zBAc

.....eh.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

Ugly amps
... You're killing me, Smalls.
aggenne:(Aka) Devil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by aggenne:(Aka) Devil »

shity amps :tdown:
My New ! Blog : http://profunder.blogspot.com/
RandomRussianDude wrote:I just want 320! :x
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Now THAT'S a shitty amp.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

I found an amazing deal on this last summer and got this. Vox = :tup: :tup: :tup: . Honestly the cleanest, chimiest, clearest, and at the same time snarling, sizzling and powerful amp I've ever played. This thing is its own fucking instrument.

CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

I have really wanted to try one of those handwired Vox AC30's for a long time but just never got around to doing that. That said, have you ever tried Fender's amps (IE: Vibroverb, Vibroking)?
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

An AC30 is my dream amp.
Goddamn, this is one wacky game show.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Not sure about those particular models but I've played some nice Fenders. I definitely dug it, but ever since I got that Vox, nothing else sounds as articulate to me.

If you get a chance to play one, I highly recommend it. I'm playing a USA telecaster through it and they were just made to make musical sex. Warm, creamy, golden, chimey, etc etc. I also love that there's no knob for distortion/overdrive, the volume knob is basically that function as well as other control over tone. And without the reverb and tremolo that are on the Vox Custom Classic's, the tone sounds straight to the source, not crowded or drowned out.

Another aspect worth noting is that it's a two channel amp, but it's not switchable by pedal. There are 4 inputs total, with 2 assigned to each channel (there's a 6 decible gain difference between each channel's 2 inputs), so you'd need an ABY switch. But the first channel is the Preamp 1958 model, and I guess was used by Bill Haley and the Comets. The controls for that are a Volume, a Brilliance switch, and there's 3 different settings for it, ranging from super top end, balanced, and super low end. And there's 2 switches: a bass switch, when flipped on gives it this overbearing heavy as fuck bass, and the pentode/triode switch for using the tubes at full or half power. The other model is the 1963 Top Boost used by Beatles, Radiohead, etc... It has a volume, bass and treble EQ knobs, and their settings alter the natural midrange, and a Tone Cut control which cuts off high end the more you turn it up, and has the Pentode/Triode thing again for using the tubes at full or half power.

Also, it comes with Celestion Blue Alnico speakers which are just unbelievable. I know the Custom Classics have those Wharfdale speakers, and those are trash.

I should be a Vox salesman.
Last edited by warhead dime on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.