is it bad

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
slay
kingsly

is it bad

Post by slay »

to leave your guitar in a low tuning while your not playing it? Thinking about the neck.

Im gonna go ahead and say that it IS bad to leave your guitar in a drop tuning while its just sitting on your stand, bag, case or wherever you leave it.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Re: is it bad

Post by summers_eve »

slay wrote:to leave your guitar in a low tuning while your not playing it? Thinking about the neck.

Im gonna go ahead and say that it IS bad to leave your guitar in a drop tuning while its just sitting on your stand, bag, case or wherever you leave it.
What sense does that make? Leaving your guitar in low tuning while in storage minimizes the chances of the neck warping because the strings are looser.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

i study classical guitar more than electric so what i heard may be different but many of my friends/teachers who play actually do drop their guitar a half step when not playing for extended amounts of time. i wouldnt recommend it for day to day though as your strings wound get dull quicker
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Motorhead
Motorbuddy

Post by Motorhead »

summers_eve wrote:
slay wrote:to leave your guitar in a low tuning while your not playing it? Thinking about the neck.

What sense does that make? Leaving your guitar in low tuning while in storage minimizes the chances of the neck warping because the strings are looser.
Yeah that's what I'd figure
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Post by texasborn »

:tup:
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

slay you fucking idiot
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

thegreatsoutherntrendkill wrote:
Motorhead wrote:
summers_eve wrote:

Yeah that's what I'd figure
So you want me to stop deleting your posts, and this is what you contribute? Doesn't look so hot for your future on the PBB. :fu:
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

long4theblur wrote:slay you fucking idiot
screw you pig
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:i study classical guitar more than electric so what i heard may be different but many of my friends/teachers who play actually do drop their guitar a half step when not playing for extended amounts of time. i wouldnt recommend it for day to day though as your strings wound get dull quicker
I should have figured this, i was thinking backwards.. Was curious because I just recently really started using low tunings.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

It's common sense, really.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

slay wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:i study classical guitar more than electric so what i heard may be different but many of my friends/teachers who play actually do drop their guitar a half step when not playing for extended amounts of time. i wouldnt recommend it for day to day though as your strings wound get dull quicker
I should have figured this, i was thinking backwards.. Was curious because I just recently really started using low tunings.
yea dude i wouldnt worry about it as most electrics are meant to have a good bit of "breathing space" to let the tension increase and decrease. leaving a guitar un-stringed on the other hand...
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

i recommend tuning your guitar as high as possible without breaking the strings and storing it in your refrigerator while you are not using it. make sure you warm it up with a hair dryer before you play it each time.
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

AoD wrote:i recommend tuning your guitar as high as possible without breaking the strings and storing it in your refrigerator while you are not using it. make sure you warm it up with a hair dryer before you play it each time.
:lol:
basstard
Creampuff

Post by basstard »

if is tuned down so the neck should be set for that tuning... so there is no problem