who's using EZDrummer?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

im in the process of downloading one of those programs right now
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

so are you compiling beatswith DFH or pissed that you wasted lots of time trying to get it to work?
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

ok i downloaded Sonar 7 producer edition. it was like 3+ GB in size.
installed it, installed EZdrummer and Drumkit from hell. You open up EZdrummer within the Sonar program, and im dragging and dropping fills and everything into a drum track. its pretty cool, except im going to have to spend a week learning how to use Sonar. I think its way over my head :lol:
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

good stuff man

im stickin with beatcraft for now

is it pretty easy to make decent drum tracks? beatcraft is pretty easy to use and it's easy to convert them to mp3's
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

i've never tried beatcraft

so far its really easy. you pick and choose from so many different......pre-made parts. the thing is theres so many to choose from. i've spent like 2 hours piecing together a track. im trying to figure out how to insert random things though, say for instance when theres a stop in the song, and then maybe the drummer goes CLANG CLANG CLANG on the hi-hat, and then they start again. im trying to figure out how to do that.
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

Dawdy wrote:the drummer goes CLANG CLANG CLANG
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

alright here we go Slay. finally done
the drums sound fucking awesome. too bad i cant play anything good on guitar to compliment them :lol:

http://rapidshare.com/files/171321038/song1.mp3.html
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

Dawdy, remember when you actually used to be a valuable member of this board? What happened, bro? :(
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

Dawdy wrote:alright here we go Slay. finally done
the drums sound fucking awesome. too bad i cant play anything good on guitar to compliment them :lol:

http://rapidshare.com/files/171321038/song1.mp3.html

pretty cool :tup:

is that still your mg30dfx or your digi pedal through it? The distortion is to weak imo.

when i record my guitar/bass over my drums it sounds like shit because the drums are coming right from my computers speakers and my mic is picking up my guitar/bass, so in the end the drums sound really good but my guitar sounds like shit cause it's being recorded from the mic.

anyhow this drum stuff is fun to play with :tup:
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

for the guitars, i plugged into my effect board, and then straight into my sound card. i didnt use the effect board other than to boost the signal. i dont think it really made a difference though. I used a program called Guitar Rig 3. I just picked a a standard metal tone i think.