Help me fix my Amp

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Help me fix my Amp

Post by Dawdy »

just about every time i turn my amp on, the sound is all muffled/quiet/fucked up. To get it to go back to normal, i have to crank the volume knob real quick. Its annoying, and im afraid im going to wreck it when i do that.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

my old ampeg use to do that and i brought it to get it fixed and he said i fried the board.
whatever that means.

anyhoo, unless you know how to repair it. bring it somewhere to get it repaired.
... You're killing me, Smalls.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

maybe i'll just wait for it to die so i can buy a bigger one. im sure if i take it anywhere, they'll give me the "oh you fried the flux capacitor, but we have these here Marshall's onsale for $999.99"
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

what kind of amp is it? maybe it's worth fixing or maybe not.

Tonight I went over to cosmo music's new location and HOLY SHIT that place is the size of a friggen mall. They were blasting pantera on PA speakers and it sounded like a live concert :tup:

sorry i cant help ya with your amp Dawdy but if your ever in Richmond Hill check out cosmos music if you already havent, biggest guitar joint you will ever see.

http://www.cosmomusic.ca/
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

Dawdy wrote:maybe i'll just wait for it to die so i can buy a bigger one. im sure if i take it anywhere, they'll give me the "oh you fried the flux capacitor, but we have these here Marshall's onsale for $999.99"
the guy i take it to is cool, he only charged me like 40 some bucks to fix it. just paid for the part and no service.
... You're killing me, Smalls.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

yea we could help if more info was given. more then likely though its a blown fuse... its not easy to fry your board but if it is then you really gotta get someone else to fix it cause the bias-ing/re-bias-ing whatever process is a bitch
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

its a cheap little Marshall MG30DFX
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

Dawdy wrote:its a cheap little Marshall MG30DFX

garbage

treat yourself to something with a nicer distortion.
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

slay wrote:
Dawdy wrote:its a cheap little Marshall MG30DFX
garbage
he's right. i also used to have a Ampeg VT60 that used to give me problems all the time. the amp guy i took it to said it wasn't worth the money to keep fixing...bunch of cold solder joints
Fuck Ole Miss
basstard
Creampuff

Post by basstard »

If you are handy with a solder gun so open it and start re-soldering all the contacts, start by the volume connections.
Or maybe the volume potenciometer is going bad, if you can remove it, take it to radiochack and they will show you the right replacemet.

Good luck, and dont fix anything wth the amp connected to the power