I FINALLY UNDERSTAND SCALES!!!! AND STAYING IN KEY!!

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Sam
Mouth For War

I FINALLY UNDERSTAND SCALES!!!! AND STAYING IN KEY!!

Post by Sam »

Whoa, holy shit. First lessons back with a new instructor this past Monday and I know understand what I did not know for six years! The guitar, the fretboard, and staying in key knowing your scales! So he taught me A Minor/C Major and it's been a blast. It's Saturday now and I have it memorized! Check out this cheesey rhythm riff and lead I did with my new found knowledge! THIS IS SO FUCKING COOL, I FEEL LIKE OH SHIT SO MUCH MORE TO LEARN!!!! AND I CAN FINALLY UNDERSTAND IT!!!

http://www.painpurge.com/RhythmLead.mp3
Panterian420
Creampuff

Post by Panterian420 »

I think I just figured out why you guys draw the HUGE crowds at your gigs.
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Panterian420 wrote:I think I just figured out why you guys draw the HUGE crowds at your gigs.
Hah, funny dude. It was a fucking Thursday, and this is our third show ever. We haven't played out, and the only people at every one of our shows, is friends and family. People have plans on Thursdays, let alone school, and shit. You're cool as hell for ripping on something you know jack shit about!
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

It got really shitty after the first 8 seconds, but before that wasn't too shabby :tup:
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Muffin wrote:It got really shitty after the first 8 seconds, but before that wasn't too shabby :tup:
Thanks man, haha, I threw it together in like 20 seconds. I was just so amazed at what I finally understood!
Fantomas
Tooth Fairy

Post by Fantomas »

now that you know one major and one minor scale, you know all the generic major and minor scales.
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Fantomas wrote:now that you know one major and one minor scale, you know all the generic major and minor scales.
Oh hell yes man. God, now I want to help everyone who doesn't "get it" get it!
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

SAM wrote:
Fantomas wrote:now that you know one major and one minor scale, you know all the generic major and minor scales.
Oh hell yes man. God, now I want to help everyone who doesn't "get it" get it!
Help me "get" it :)
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Dude hit me up on AIM, or just ask here what you don't understand. I'll try and make it so that it comes as clear to you as day!
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

I just need help developing speed. I can play scales, but I can't "shred" them that well or anything (I mostly play slow-ass "doomy"" solos).

What i'm basically saying is I probably can't play the first 8 seconds of that mp3.
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Muffin wrote:I just need help developing speed. I can play scales, but I can't "shred" them that well or anything (I mostly play slow-ass "doomy"" solos).

What i'm basically saying is I probably can't play the first 8 seconds of that mp3.
This might sound dumb, but here's the truth. All those cool licks you hear aren't hard. Alot has to do with how they are played. You can get the notes down, but how it's played makes a big difference. That "fast" thing in the first 8 seconds of my clip was just hammer on's and pull off's between 15 & 12 on the first and second strings. Really easy dude...it's like that saying looks can be deceiving. Rock on.
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

SAM wrote:
Muffin wrote:I just need help developing speed. I can play scales, but I can't "shred" them that well or anything (I mostly play slow-ass "doomy"" solos).

This might sound dumb, but here's the truth. All those cool licks you hear aren't hard. Alot has to do with how they are played. You can get the notes down, but how it's played makes a big difference. That "fast" thing in the first 8 seconds of my clip was just hammer on's and pull off's between 15 & 12 on the first and second strings. Really easy dude...it's like that saying looks can be deceiving. Rock on.
thanks nigga \m/
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Re: I FINALLY UNDERSTAND SCALES!!!! AND STAYING IN KEY!!

Post by Mark »

SAM wrote:Whoa, holy shit. First lessons back with a new instructor this past Monday and I know understand what I did not know for six years! The guitar, the fretboard, and staying in key knowing your scales! So he taught me A Minor/C Major and it's been a blast. It's Saturday now and I have it memorized! Check out this cheesey rhythm riff and lead I did with my new found knowledge! THIS IS SO FUCKING COOL, I FEEL LIKE OH SHIT SO MUCH MORE TO LEARN!!!! AND I CAN FINALLY UNDERSTAND IT!!!

Congratulations, you just paid to learn something that you could've figured out on your own.
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Not everyone is capable of figuring things out on their own. If it wasn't for this lesson, I don't know when I would've figured it out. This rules man, I'm having a blast writing now. My whole style of writing has changed. I no longer guess what notes to play, I know which ones!
Mark
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Mark »

SAM wrote:Not everyone is capable of figuring things out on their own. If it wasn't for this lesson, I don't know when I would've figured it out. This rules man, I'm having a blast writing now. My whole style of writing has changed. I no longer guess what notes to play, I know which ones!
Well, you've already caught the bug. Knowing some theory is good as it can help writing, but now you, like so many others, assume you must write based off of theory. It's not always about what is "right", it's most important to place what sounds good.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

SAM wrote: My whole style of writing has changed.
From 1 lesson? :lol: :lol:
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

SuicideNote wrote:
SAM wrote: My whole style of writing has changed.
From 1 lesson? :lol: :lol:
I've had three instructors in the past, but man, believe it or not, on this first one with this new dude, it just clicked. It's awesome.
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Good stuff! I love it when things just click & new techniques come into play!

Keep at it Sam buddy!
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

SAM wrote:Whoa, holy shit. First lessons back with a new instructor this past Monday and I know understand what I did not know for six years! The guitar, the fretboard, and staying in key knowing your scales! So he taught me A Minor/C Major and it's been a blast. It's Saturday now and I have it memorized! Check out this cheesey rhythm riff and lead I did with my new found knowledge! THIS IS SO FUCKING COOL, I FEEL LIKE OH SHIT SO MUCH MORE TO LEARN!!!! AND I CAN FINALLY UNDERSTAND IT!!!

no one fucking cares. Knowledge doesn't make you suck any fucking less you worthless pile of monkey trash.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

hektik wrote:

no one fucking cares. Knowledge doesn't make you suck any fucking less you worthless pile of monkey trash.
You are living post to post in hopes of gaining back your once attatched balls Relapse337 clipped off...owning you, scaring the living piss out of you, and having you beg him via the internet not to come out after you. But hey, no matter what you say to me bro, I'll always love you because we had times like no other back in the day on AIM. Muah honey. You don't have to cry anymore, Sammy's here.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

This thread got really gay. :tdown:
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

aeon wrote:This thread got really gay. :tdown:
Gay in what way...explain, so that all may know what's really going down.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

SAM wrote:
aeon wrote:This thread got really gay. :tdown:
Gay in what way...explain, so that all may know what's really going down.
It's like a trip down memory lane - but if memory lane was gay.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

SAM wrote:
hektik wrote:

You are living post to post in hopes of gaining back your once attatched balls Relapse337 clipped off...owning you, scaring the living piss out of you, and having you beg him via the internet not to come out after you. But hey, no matter what you say to me bro, I'll always love you because we had times like no other back in the day on AIM. Muah honey. You don't have to cry anymore, Sammy's here.
Did I hit a nerve you faggot? You suck at guitar, no one else has anything to do with this so stop throwing around names you mindless queef. You fucking suck at guitar, your band is a joke and I can't wait until you fucking die.
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

That gave me no insight as to why you even posted in this thread. Try again.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Point proven. :roll:
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

vs
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

I don't look like a retarded faggot.

Hektik > SAM
iron_tusk
Im Broken

Post by iron_tusk »

no, but you DO look like that fag from the darkness
http://www.last.fm/user/ether3al

"I walk whenever the weather provides
Everybody needs some time outside"
Wez
Welshnigger

Post by Wez »

Muffin wrote:It got really shitty after the first 8 seconds, but before that wasn't too shabby :tup:
heavymetalsoldier666 wrote:No! I am ready to beat someone into a coma.
cottonmouth wrote:I heard the same thing about slurping, but somehow these fuckers can slurp anything, like a sandwich or an apple
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

3 teachers and this is the first that has taught you about scales? I'm not sure who's the bigger idiot in all of this.
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

BabyKiller wrote:3 teachers and this is the first that has taught you about scales? I'm not sure who's the bigger idiot in all of this.
Yeah man I never got it. Oh well, better late than never.
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

well.. on the bright side, you're ahead of 50% of the bands out there.
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."