Anyone ever buy a jap knock off guitar?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Anyone ever buy a jap knock off guitar?

Post by JesseJames »

I bought one from a website, took forever to get here. The gibsons they do are pretty nice, very close in detail, but still lacking in many parts.
However, I bought a PRS knockoff to see what it was like, and uh......the chinks need to up their game.

However, for a 300.00 guitar it really wasnt that bad at all, i've definately bought worse guitars for more money actually.
But after I got it, it was the wrong guitar, he was supposed to send me a singlecut knock off, I disputed through paypal and got my money back. So free guitar for me!
White Boy
Lynch Mob

Post by White Boy »

cool :tup:
JEW wrote:https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Dimebag-Darrell/172364059446349?ref=hl
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Although, if you dare to touch that tremelo say goodbye to being in tune.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

I have Jap. knock-off LP. I think it's better than the current LP standards being put out as far as set up and quality, granted it is 16 years old.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

That doesnt look bad at all.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

CFH Eternal wrote:I have Jap. knock-off LP. I think it's better than the current LP standards being put out as far as set up and quality, granted it is 16 years old.
Brand? How'd you get it?

I know those Tokai "Love Rock" Les Paul knockoffs are expensive as hell now, they used to be pretty cheap a while back...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Orville, hell even when I bought it the Orville by Gibsons (holy grails IMO for Jap. replicas of LP's because Gibson authorized them) were too damn expensive, at that point I might as well get a real Gibson. I scored mine on ebay case and all for 700 (not including shipping about 50 dollars).
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

How would you compare it to say, the Epiphone LP's or the 70' "pre-lawsui" era Ibanex LP copies? I had an Ibanez SG copy about 15 years ago I wish I would have never gotten rid of (although someone did try to fake it into a Gibson)...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
basstard
Creampuff

Post by basstard »

japanese or chinese? china is now making lots of fakes for $300 shipped , i heard that the "gibsons" are nice but the electroncs sucks