schecter users

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
slay
kingsly

schecter users

Post by slay »

i have a c7 blackjack and it has a grover saddle.. There are suppose to be two little set screws in there. Im missing one and im sure if you all check your missing atleast one or both of them.

My question is do you think they really have a purpose? i dont see how it could affect the tone.

also know where i can get a replacment? i looked at home depot and the music store with no luck.

I did happen to find an actual screw that fits but it looks like shit because it sticks out
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Yes they have a purpose. They adjust your action. And that could affect your tone.
However, just having one will suffice. You aren't going on tour or in a studio anytime soon.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

i thought turning the two bolts that the saddle sit on adjust your action? im pretty sure thats what they do.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I thought that was what you were talking about.

Either accurately describe or post pics of your problem.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

cant post pics cause i dont have a camera at the moment.

ok if you have a schecter look at the saddle (if its a grover one)

when i say saddle i mean the white piece of plastic in this pic

the white piece of plastic that the strings are resting on is the saddle (or atleast what i think is)

on my schecter the saddle is seated on two bolts that have a flat nose slot on them for adusting the action of the bridge.

The saddle has two set screws that hold the saddle to the 2 bolts that adjust the action.

anyway its no big deal. The screw i have on it fits it just looks shitty