Never ever buy this distortion pedal.

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Never ever buy this distortion pedal.

Post by JesseJames »

It sucks balls, has horrible tone, and is getting shipped back promptly.
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

what are you running it through?
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

My b-52 amp. The digitech metal master owns this thing bigtime. This has a tinny weak distortion. If you're gonna be in a sabbath cover band you could MAYBE make this thing work. But if you wanna play anything that requires a more saturated heavy distortion stay the hell away from this thing.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

when i had a b-52 i didn't need any kind of stomp or anything extra and i was doing death-metal. what model is it?
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I dunno, the 100w solid state one.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Best distortion pedal Ive ever owned...

Get killed.
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

i just bought this and i love it...great fat overdrive tone.. killer for QOTSA type rock.
Fuck Ole Miss
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

The Boss Metal Zone is actually really good- a little touchy on the high end though.
Get killed.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

i'll second the boss metal zone.. my friend plays it into an ampeg bass amp (for guitar) for his crust band and it sounds brilliant. digitech on the other hand has been nothing but crap for me. if your not willing to drop a ton of money on a nice head then i'd definitely say try out the metal zone
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

The distortion I use is the drive function on the large Boss Wah pedal there, going through an EQ pedal (Scooped of course), then a noise gate and into the clean channel of my amp where I push the mids through more on that eq.

This...

goes into...

goes into...

It's taken me a while to find a distortion tone I've been happy with - But the distortion from the Boss Wah there is fucking kick ass for metal. It's just finding the right amp to push it, which I've gone through so many types to do. (Still searching through... I reckon an Engl/Mesa set up would cheer me up :D ) Even gone through keyboard amps, bass amps and no-name pieces of second hand shit to see what happens. Sucks when you're picky about tone :tdown:
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

MOOG everything rules. expensive though.
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

I used to use the same B-52 amp. That thing never really handled pedals well, I always just ran straight in. After picking up a tube amp, the difference in handling pedals is amazing. I've never heard a solid state amp take pedals all that well.
Goddamn, this is one wacky game show.
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

whitemike wrote:(Scooped of course)
:fu:
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I want to buy a bass wah and a distortion pedal at some point. I had a Boss Bass OD pedal but it got stolen in the great studio robbery of '07.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Im too lazy to seperate all my shit so I've got these pedals, with this guitar, going into this amp.
The metal master is a nice sounding digital pedal. You just can't use batteries with it cause they are gone in 10 minutes.

Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

Visual Sound. :tup:

I've got a Jekyll & Hyde, and it rules.
Goddamn, this is one wacky game show.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

whitemike go for engl man. mesa (if we're talking triple rects) only have one good tone and 99% of the time it'll sound like every other core band that is on that trend
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I've never ever bought a distortion pedal for guitar. I've always just ran an EQ pedal through the effects loop and fiddled with the bands and its always sounded great. I'm not really a fan of the super distorted sound anyway. As far as distorted guitars go I like John Petrucci's old guitar sound and then bands like Defiance and somewhat close to Lamb of God's tone. That really dry, crusty, chunky kind of vibe. Where it isn't all that distorted as it is percussive.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

yea i've messed with some cheap pedals along with some expensive ones but i'll always just do what i can with my amp and its never failed me.

have you ever tried the woolly mammoth bassphemy? my brother digs his alot but its expensive ($350 and up) for an OD with a noise gate.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I have never heard of or seen that pedal anywhere. Where did he get it?
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

he got it from an antique shop kinda thing that specializes in strange shit...

this guy makes them from this company ZVEX and i think he hand makes every pedal they sell. it's got a sabbathy kind of sound to it on bass but i think its actually the only bass pedal/od/fuzz that doesnt cut out the bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XW8-9P_FFw
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQdTsNwKtkc
are pretty good videos of the sound.

http://zvexamps.com/
is the website, they make some great stuff.

only thing against the mammoth is that it's not so great with active basses but my brother uses a FullTone Dragster to correct the load and it sounds great on his warwick.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I just got that visual audio pedal. I was looking for a chorus pedal and delay pedal, and this had two in one, and I got it off of e-bay for 88$.

I always use chorus with my guitar, just a slight amount. Clean or distorted. Just makes the guitar sound bigger to me.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Wow, that is too cool. A very Sleep/Steppenwolf kind of vibe to it. Any reason it won't work with active basses? I have a Warwick too and I'm not much for active basses anyway but it has a super high output on it.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

yea i don't really know the deal as to why it doesn't work as good with active basses.. i mean it does still work, but i guess just to not as full potential. i don't know how much you're into sleep/stoner stuff but if you ask on stonerrock.com forums you can probably find an answer to that.

what warwick do you have? we have a thumb neckthrough and it seems to work fine. the noise gate is actually really good too.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I have a Corvette Standard Ash. It's Bolt-On and passive.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

ah you should be fine then. :tup: should definitely try one out before though. we wanted one for years and then it turned out this old mom and pop guitar shop had a bunch of Zvex pedals sittin around and lo and behold a mammoth.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:whitemike go for engl man. mesa (if we're talking triple rects) only have one good tone and 99% of the time it'll sound like every other core band that is on that trend
Yeh I'm wanting to get an Engl head into a Mesa cab. I think that would sound pretty fucking nice.
Muffin wrote:
Eat my dick you pussy bitch.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

definitely go for it. :tup: i play my powerball through my b-52 cab (same as you and i know it's a sin but i'm upgrading very soon) and it kills. i'm moving to vader cab's soon and i'm sure anything with a nice speaker in it will sound great. i'd also have to recommend the powerball... i went out on tour and in illinois (the only place listed in the US besides florida that sells ENGL) i got to play some special editions and they sounded great but if you end up engl i'd gotta go powerball
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Best dirt pedal ever:

[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

whitemike wrote:
Muffin wrote:
I would, but I'm afraid it would get stuck between my teeth! :pimp:
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Bassphemy! Get a Big Muff! It makes your bass sound like Godzilla getting a hysterectomy with a backhoe!
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

P.S. I use a Metal Zone on bass because it sounds like hippo farts when coupled with my Q-Tron+ but the only thing that's useful for on guitar is disappearing in the mix or that really shrill "nu-metal" sound that needs to die.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Pfl?yd wrote:Bassphemy! Get a Big Muff! It makes your bass sound like Godzilla getting a hysterectomy with a backhoe!
I'll have to try one out. The Boss one I had was too much and I just ended up using it for a signal boost pedal after I got a MXR D.I. Pedal but the distortion on that one wasn't the best either.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

hippy wrote:MOOG everything rules. expensive though.
I really want one of the moogerfooger delays, they're just too expensive though. I'm almost certain that they don't make an overdrive pedal but if they did, I'm sure it would be excellent :tup:
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

Pfl?yd wrote:Bassphemy! Get a Big Muff! It makes your bass sound like Godzilla getting a hysterectomy with a backhoe!
are they better then the muff pi's? i have one and i cant say i like it at all..
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

my vox valvetronix has most of the effects i could ever want and they're all excellent. and if im recording something i can also use the effects on my H4 or Cubase.

pedals :tdown:
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

Anything for the studio is kind of on the back burner for me right now, but once I do start buying more stuff again, I'm getting the Guyatone Metal Monster:

BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Lord of This World wrote:my vox valvetronix has most of the effects i could ever want and they're all excellent. and if im recording something i can also use the effects on my H4 or Cubase.

Analog :x :tup:
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

croninburg wrote:
Lord of This World wrote:my vox valvetronix has most of the effects i could ever want and they're all excellent. and if im recording something i can also use the effects on my H4 or Cubase.

Analog :x :tup:
My tones are crucial nigga :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Muffin wrote:
whitemike wrote:
Muffin wrote:
I would, but I'm afraid it would get stuck between my teeth! :pimp:
:aargh: