Rack Mount Preamps

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Rack Mount Preamps

Post by SuicideNote »

I've been thinking about hitting up Ebay for an ADA MP1. I played though one a few years ago at a store and really liked it. Has anyone used a MP1 before? If not, suggest me some other rack preamp with digital programmable effects. I'd like to spend less than $200 American. From what I read, a lot of people dig the MP1, mainly for it's vintage metal sound.

I have a ADA stereo power amp and a 15 band stereo EQ in my rack right now to complement the MP1. I used to have a Digitech RP-7 that I used for a preamp and effects. I also have various stomp boxes that I'd like to replace with a rack unit.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

i like the sound of the Mesa/Boogie Triaxis, other than that i haven't heard to many preamps.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

EDIT:Nevermind what i posted,the unit is only distortion.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

hippy wrote:i like the sound of the Mesa/Boogie Triaxis, other than that i haven't heard to many preamps.
that is a great preamp, plus:

Crate TDP (not MIDI programmable, however)
Marshall JMP-1
Rocktron Chameleon
ADA MP-2

these are the ones i have played through, although my own is a Digitech Valve F/X (10 years and still going strong!!)
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Balls On Parade wrote:
hippy wrote:i like the sound of the Mesa/Boogie Triaxis, other than that i haven't heard to many preamps.

Marshall JMP-1
Rocktron Chameleon
ADA MP-2

these are the ones i have played through, although my own is a Digitech Valve F/X (10 years and still going strong!!)
Add in the case of Rocktron, the Piranha and Prophesy.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

I've heard good tones from a Marshall JMP1.. Other than that I'm not too sure.
Textures use the JMP's too :tup: Check them out, I think they recorded with them in the studio & their tones are awsome.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Thanks for the replies. I'll check some of these out.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

CFH Eternal wrote:
Balls On Parade wrote:

Marshall JMP-1
Rocktron Chameleon
ADA MP-2

Add in the case of Rocktron, the Piranha and Prophesy.
fuck, i meant the Piranha, the guy i know who has one also has it hooked up to a Chameleon (wich is actually a processor), that's why i said it...haven't heard or messed around with the Prophesy...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!