PFloyd, iMac users, halp?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
long4theblur
King

PFloyd, iMac users, halp?

Post by long4theblur »

I downl....err.... AQUIRED EzDrummer, and when I used the install program, it says "okay, your shit's installed, woo hoo!"

Then I can't find SHIT except for the ejectable drive that's housing the install program to begin with! Nasheeng, nien, nada. Am I a retard or are the gods cursing me? :fur:
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Re: PFloyd, iMac users, halp?

Post by Pfl?yd »

long4theblur wrote:I downl....err.... AQUIRED EzDrummer, and when I used the install program, it says "okay, your shit's installed, woo hoo!"

Then I can't find SHIT except for the ejectable drive that's housing the install program to begin with! Nasheeng, nien, nada. Am I a retard or are the gods cursing me? :fur:
This will sound like a stupid question, but did you try locating it in Finder? That's usually how I locate things that install but am not sure where. Did you copy the program into "Applications"?
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

Yeah, and I ran a search for it through the HD. I can't even find the application to copy it into Applications!
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

long4theblur wrote:Yeah, and I ran a search for it through the HD. I can't even find the application to copy it into Applications!
I would just reload it and try to watch where it goes. Sounds to me that it didn't install for some reason. Did you get the password prompt to install?
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

I just tried it again, same deal. I did, however, locate all the help and support files. I may just, uh.... acquire this in other ways.
BREATH HOLD!

Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

long4theblur wrote:I just tried it again, same deal. I did, however, locate all the help and support files. I may just, uh.... acquire this in other ways.
If it's a torrent or something it might not work all that well. The downside of being a Mac user is that illegal software is a lot harder to come by and a good chunk you DO come by is corrupted or incomplete.
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

Pfl?yd wrote:
long4theblur wrote:I just tried it again, same deal. I did, however, locate all the help and support files. I may just, uh.... acquire this in other ways.
If it's a torrent or something it might not work all that well. The downside of being a Mac user is that illegal software is a lot harder to come by and a good chunk you DO come by is corrupted or incomplete.
Oh us Mac users, we're so honest and incorruptible. :pimp:
BREATH HOLD!

long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

I had the SAME PROBLEM with the legitemately purchased version. Then I randomly opened the "solo" program, and boom, there it is. The install instructions for this SUCK. Now I've gotta figure out how to run it through Pro Tools and I'll be living the dream. :tup:
BREATH HOLD!