I need a new bass

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

PABassPlayer wrote:I'm pretty impressed with my $250.00 ESP/ltd les paul bass. It doesn't compare to my US Fenders, but I would not hesitate to play it out live. It sounds very crisp and clean. Great for slap/pop.
:tup: thats cool, i was actually wondering if you ended up liking that
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Motorhead
Motorbuddy

Post by Motorhead »

I checked out a Squier Jazz Bass today, pretty cheap at $150 and sounded great on a small 10watt amp.

Problem is I'm broke for a week or two, that and the amp with cables would have only been $200.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Bought dro and haze and shit with your unemployment?
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Motorhead
Motorbuddy

Post by Motorhead »

hektik wrote:Bought dro and haze and shit with your unemployment?
Does what you say generally make sense to you? I'm not getting it, that's for sure.

I'm thinking the Dean Metalman bass too....can't find any reviews though

hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

That's an ugly bass. So much for that beginner bass huh? You'll be left with a piece of odd shaped garbage to put in the corner of your room.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Motorhead
Motorbuddy

Post by Motorhead »

hektik wrote:That's an ugly bass. So much for that beginner bass huh? You'll be left with a piece of odd shaped garbage to put in the corner of your room.
I had an Epiphone Flying-V before, played great and sounded even better.

This thing is pretty sturdy, I like the Dean Dimebag versions too. One extra humbucker and saw-blade inlays.

That one in the picture is on ebay for 25 bucks, if it stays under 100 i'll buy it for sure, or even $150.

It's that or the Squire J-Bass I played today.
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Dean makes a solid guitar. :tup: I can't speak for the Squier J though. I've never played one. If I bought a "cheap" J Bass, it'd be a Fender Mexican, at least.
Ezekiel 23:20
CliffandJason-BASS
Hail Dimebag

Post by CliffandJason-BASS »

squier jazz basses :tup:
Muthafuckin' Wheelbarrow!
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

The Doctor wrote:Dean makes a solid guitar. :tup: I can't speak for the Squier J though. I've never played one. If I bought a "cheap" J Bass, it'd be a Fender Mexican, at least.
I think what the low end fenders really lack, in comparison with the Jap/US models, is quality control. When it comes to simple stuff like strats, teles and the p and jazz basses I'm sure you could pick up a Mexican model that would play as well as anything else, if you had the time to shop around and try different ones out.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Wait a while and save up to get a better quality piece. You'll thank yourself for it in the long run.

A jap Fender P or J, or even a Warwick Rockbass series run around 400 to 500.00, and you could probably do under 300 on ebay/craigslist.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I played an OLP Music Man rip-off at Guitar Center a long time ago. It played really well, surprisingly. No idea how it would hold up over time but it played good at that point in time.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Actually, I really like Japanese Fenders, when I can find them. They aren't easy to come by around here for some reason.

I've often thought of just building my own guitars though. I need a new guitar and want a bass... may as well get exactly what I want.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

My Telecaster is Japanese :tup:
Motorhead
Motorbuddy

Post by Motorhead »

$180 with shipping, I'll be getting this biatch!

Heard from quite a few bass players I know that it's solid, so that's good enough for me.
Motorhead
Motorbuddy

Post by Motorhead »

I still can't decide. Pfloyd I need your help!
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I'm telling you, a Squier Jazz is the way to go if you're going with a budget instrument. The nice thing about that is you can upgrade stuff in it later, like dropping new pickups or a preamp in it, throwing a Badass II bridge on it, and stuff like that. Then, if you get some serious cash you want to throw down, you can buy a Fender and transfer all the parts over to it. Everyone makes aftermarket parts for Jazz-style basses.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Pfl?yd wrote:I'm telling you, a Squier Jazz is the way to go if you're going with a budget instrument. The nice thing about that is you can upgrade stuff in it later, like dropping new pickups or a preamp in it, throwing a Badass II bridge on it, and stuff like that. Then, if you get some serious cash you want to throw down, you can buy a Fender and transfer all the parts over to it. Everyone makes aftermarket parts for Jazz-style basses.
That's good advice.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
heavymetalsoldier666
Lynch Mob

Post by heavymetalsoldier666 »

long4theblur wrote:You're not a musician Robert, get the FUCK out of this forum. :fu:
I can post here anytime I fucking want.
Robert doesn't live here anymore........lol.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

You could always hit up Craigslist and find something good used. Just make sure the neck is straight. Used instruments are always cooler than new ones in my opinion.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

just bought a shitty 9 piece drumset with 4 cymbals for 300 bucks :aargh:
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

hippy wrote:just bought a shitty 9 piece drumset with 4 cymbals for 300 bucks :aargh:
9 Piece? Two bass drums or six toms?
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

6 toms
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

As long as the shells and hardware are in decent shape, good find. :tup:
Motorhead
Motorbuddy

Post by Motorhead »

Pfl?yd wrote:I'm telling you, a Squier Jazz is the way to go if you're going with a budget instrument. The nice thing about that is you can upgrade stuff in it later, like dropping new pickups or a preamp in it, throwing a Badass II bridge on it, and stuff like that. Then, if you get some serious cash you want to throw down, you can buy a Fender and transfer all the parts over to it. Everyone makes aftermarket parts for Jazz-style basses.
I did like the squier jazz a lot, played well and sounded good on a 100w amp I think.

It's that or the rondomusic.com one up the page. Need more money though just payed rent.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

The Doctor wrote:As long as the shells and hardware are in decent shape, good find. :tup:
just need to tune the heads and i'll be in good shape. also its an 8 piece, not 9
basstard
Creampuff

Post by basstard »

check the new squiers, their quality improved a lot and is te best bang for the buck right now